The Last Homely Site on the Web

Spider-Man 3

Post Reply   Page 1 of 5  [ 86 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject: Spider-Man 3
Posted: Fri 16 Dec , 2005 7:21 pm
Insolent Pup

It isn't due out until 2007, but IMDB has the cast list up.

Topher Grace is going to play Venom.
Thomas Haden Church is going to play Sandman.
And of course, Harry Osborne returns... hopefully as Green Goblin.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 16 Dec , 2005 7:28 pm

Wow, I thought they'd wait a bit to pull out the Venom card. That's awesome, cuz Venom was the only Spiderman villain I ever liked (from the cartoons I watched).

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 16 Dec , 2005 7:56 pm
Wembley bound

Topher grace as venom? What're they playing at?

What's was Venom's name in the show? As in the name of the guy who Venom's symbiot was attached to? Bruce, Vince? Cann't remember.

Anyway in the show Venom and his human self were huge, muscular individuals, I don't know why they cast Topher Grace...

I thought that they would eventually play either the venom or Carnage card. I'd like to see them do (or perhaps they'll do it in this one) where Spider-man gets the Venom symbiot and becomes the Black Spider...

Green Goblin? But the green goblin was already done, don't you mean the Hobgoblin?

Eddie Brock, that was his name. 6'3" and 260 pounds. Therefore Topher Grace = :scratch:

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 16 Dec , 2005 8:10 pm
Insolent Pup

Nope Green Goblin. Hobgoblin was someone else. Jason something. Harry Osborne, after the dead of his father, becomes the Green Goblin II (in the comics), but he is always just called the Green Goblin. Oddly enough, he dies as well.

Venom's name is Eddie Brock. They mention him in the first movie. Jameson says something like "Brock can't get a good photo of this Spider-Man".

I would hope they don't put the symbiote story into this movie. I think it would be too difficult to do in just one movie. Spider-Man technically acquires the symbiote while fighting the Secret Wars.

I like Topher Grace so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as Venom.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 16 Dec , 2005 8:16 pm
b77 whipping boy

Spiderman's black costume on movie screen... :drool:

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 16 Dec , 2005 8:37 pm
Wembley bound

I forgot about the Green Goblin II. I'm still confused due to the way the movie people screwed up the plot in the first.

The plot of Spider-Man the first movie was mixed up with the Hobgoblin because in the show and comicbook everything that happened, almost scene for scene, happened with the Hobgoblin. I remember when watching the movie that some of the scenes were directly from the show as was some of the dialogue only they changed it and madeit the Green Goblin instead of the Hobgoblin and ever since I've been terribly comfused...

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 16 Dec , 2005 8:40 pm
b77 whipping boy

which show are you talking about?

The Green Goblin and Hobgoblin are VERY similar. The first movie was taken very closely from the comics story with the Green Goblin. They just removed Gwen Stacy.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 16 Dec , 2005 9:07 pm
Wembley bound

Spiderman the cartooned series. Not the one from the 60s, the one that was modeled after the 80s... I had the two episodes that comprise SM I on video somewhere but I lost them. Like I said some of the movie was scene-for-scene and word-for-word with those two episodes. The whole scene and dialogue from the 'two birds with one stone' scene where the Hobgoblin grabs Peter's aunt is an example of a scene directly from the show.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 16 Dec , 2005 9:18 pm
Insolent Pup

Yeah, hal's right. The first movie was very close to the Gwen Stacey story. It even had the Green Goblin throwing Mary Jane off of a bridge (like Gwen Stacey). I can't find his bio online for the Hobgoblin. There have been a couple of Hobgoblins, but he definitely wasn't related to the first movie.

I think at one point Hobgoblin actually was a man possessed by a demon... I don't remember, though.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 03 Jan , 2006 3:48 pm
Wembley bound

I think you're thinking of Demogoblin...

If you watch the animated series you'll see that the movie Spiderman is based on the story of the Green goblin with the Norman Osbourn's story as the green goblin thrown in. Its a mix of episodes 11, 12 and 31.

Strangely enough Sandman never made an appearence in that particular animated series.

It would be cool to see the whole Madam Web and the Beyonder storyline (The Forgotten Wars) with Spiderman, Storm, Cap America and Fantastic four made into a movie. :D

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 03 Jan , 2006 6:02 pm
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

I didn't see either Spiderman I or II but I think it might be worth seeing if only for Topher Grace. :love:

Though I have to say I'm a bit skeptical about how he'll pan out in an action film. I love him as a comedy actor, in That 70s Show and in his cameos in Ocean's 11 and Ocean's 12, but as Venom? :scratch:

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 03 Jan , 2006 9:00 pm
Wembley bound

Hold on, just how do you not see a Spiderman movie? :scratch:

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 03 Jan , 2006 11:17 pm
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

I don't get out much. :P

Honestly, I love the Spiderman cartoons, always watched them when I was little, but was never really interested in watching Tobey Maguire zoom around buildings in the name of Kirsten Dunst. Hence, never seeing the new movies onscreen.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 3:04 am
Wembley bound

Go to the local blockbuster then. :P

The movies are good but I still love the cartoons over the movies anyday.

I have the entire series of the Amazing Spiderman (the 90s version) on my computer. All 65 episodes I think...

As for Dunst, I wouldn't have cast her. Toby isn't bad though...

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 3:16 am
Insolent Pup

Only see Spider-Man 2. Spider-Man 1 has some of the most awful dialogue ever and the Green Goblin looks idiotic. Spider-Man 2 has some better dialogue and Doc Ock is a far better enemy than the Goblin. Willem Dafoe was decent, but whoever the actor who plays Doc Ock is, is much better.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 3:28 am
Wembley bound

I agree. Spiderman 1 was good but when 2 came out there was no comparison. I really like Will Dafoe (in this case he really was Da' foe ;) ) but the Green Goblin was the wrong choice to start the series off on. I would have picked Doc OcK for the first with the Lizard perhaps...

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 4:05 am
pixel-pusher

Quote:
Spiderman 1 was good but when 2 came out there was no comparison.
One of the signs of a good franchise, I think. Hopefully we'll be saying the same thing about the second when number 3 comes out.

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 4:36 am
Insolent Pup

Good point Jonathon, but unlike Spider-Man, I can happily say that each of the Indiana Jones movies are enjoyable, even if you can rank them. Spider-Man 1 is flat out not worth seeing.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Wittman
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 7:14 am

Venom...... ha haaa

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 04 Jan , 2006 12:30 pm

I thought 1 & 2 were equally awesome. :cool:

Profile Quote