The Last Homely Site on the Web

Silly impatient time zone

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Feb , 2005 5:37 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Maybe you could go for some general office work? Maybe a temp job just to pass the time while you look for the library job?

I could see a library as a good place to work...nice and quiet, surrounded by books. :)

I've never been addicted enough to get up an hour early to have comp time! :P I'm more addicted to sleep. Plus I've found that if I try to plan out comp time, I always make myself late by reading too much. It's so hard to pull away. You keep thinking, one more thread, just one more. :P

I used to spend hours online before Iavas got here. He did the same thing back in Cardiff, so it's been a shift for both of us. Luckily he can get his comp time while I'm working so we don't have to fight over the comp too much. It'll be a problem when we both have jobs though!

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Feb , 2005 5:44 pm
That Weird American

Oooh, library job! That sounds like a lot of fun...you like organizing things?

Edit: I might as well put some substance into this...

Since I mostly work the closing shift I Can get up at any time I want...but Vana's working opening this whole week which means getting up at 7:30 for me. She let me sleep in...

The hard thing about doing closing is I get done at 10:30, and I Can't get to sleep! I just have too much energy from my job. Anyone ever get this?

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Feb , 2005 5:54 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

I have the same problem Guru. I was working Thursday and Friday nights as a server at a restaurant, but I've cut it down to just Friday night since working all day on two days plus working the lunch shifts on the weekend (basically I'm getting no days off :roll: ) was too hard. I have to work until 10 to 11:30 pm and I'm always too awake to get to sleep. I won't get to bed until nearly 2am even though I need to wake up around 9am to get to work in the morning. I just need time to unwind before going to sleep.

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Feb , 2005 5:57 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

We don't need sympathy over the long commute. I love being nearish to London but nothing would persuade me to live centrally. I like to be able to breathe at the end of the day and not to have to spend half my journey queuing to get out of town before I can start a journey. :D:D The goal has to be to get more rural (therefore extending the journey to and from work even more).

Yup - we're probably barking. :P :cheers

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Feb , 2005 6:02 pm
That Weird American

I'm just glad I don't open, as well...I know several people who have to work until 10:30 closing, then open at 7:30 the next morning...

Many, many reasons why I need to find a better job...

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Feb , 2005 8:20 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

I used to get up at 6 am to get an hour on TORC(talk about being addicted) now it depens what time class starts, usualy i will get up at 7 to be able to cross the city and not be late :roll:
Quote:
Waking up would be better if it were at 10am
wake me up at 10.30-11.oo :P

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Feb , 2005 8:24 pm
Not so deep as a well

If the EOB Display Security Setting is set to Allowed for the group, account and user type, and if an encryption key is defined, a trigger in GroupWeb displays a link on the Claim Detail Listing and Claim Details pages. The link can only be viewed for claims in an issued status. When this link is clicked, the ABF API passes the relevant parameters to display the EOB associated with the claim.
The display of EOB payment information depends upon the Claim #, Provider and Tax ID Number (TIN) or SSN of the user. When an EOB contains multiple payments that have been made for multiple providers:
· When the insured has logged onto GroupWeb and is requesting a copy of the EOB, ABF returns all insured and provider payment information contained on the EOB.
· When a provider has logged onto GroupWeb and requests a copy of the EOB, ABF returns only that particular provider’s claim information.
The current Web Claim icon displayed on the Participant and Dependent Detail Pages used to display the GroupWeb Claim Entry screen is now a link, to maintain consistency with the new AFB EOB link.

Oops.

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Feb , 2005 9:48 pm
Milk and kisses

Velázquez. - Born at the turn of the century (June 1599), in Seville, to a minor nobleman of Portuguese origin. Apprenticeship in Francisco Pacheco’s workshop (1610); Pacheco’s circle comprised some of the more illustrious intellectuals and humanists of the time. He would marry Pacheco’s daughter, Juana, one year after joining the Seville Painter’s Guild in 1617.

Velázquez’s style between 1617-23 (the year when he moved to the Court in Madrid) fits in the late 16th century and early 17th century tenebrist movement.

Leonie *****, Jenny ********* – Early Velázquez: Old Woman Cooking Eggs (1618, Edinburgh, National Gallery of Scotland), and Kitchen Scene with Christ in the House of Martha and Mary (1618; London, National Gallery).

1622 – travel to Madrid, looking for the favour of the Count-Duke of Olivares. Eventually he would succeed in gaining commissions from the King.

Emily *********, Emily ******** – Mythology: The Triumph of Bacchus (The Topers) (1629; Madrid, Prado) and The Forge of Vulcan (1630; Madrid, Prado).

Part of the file I forgot at home and had to rewrite in a rush before class. :roll:

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: