board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Top 10 TV moments

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]
TWT
Post subject: Top 10 TV moments
Posted: Mon 15 Jan , 2007 12:09 am
Wembley bound

So following in the recent "top 10 trend" here's something that I thought might be interesting. List your favorite 10 moments from TV. No, not movies. Just TV.

It might take me a few days to make my list but I know for sure what I would put on the top:

1. David Brent telling Chris Finch to "fuck off" in the final episode (the special actually) of The Office. BBC version that is.
2. Dawn coming back to kiss Tim in that same episode as above.
3. Clark Kent telling Lois that he's Superman in the show Lois & Clark Superman.
4. Anytime Jack Bauer shows up at the right time in 24.

Gotta think about the rest. It's hard...

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 Jan , 2007 12:56 am
Hasta la victoria, siempre

SPOILERS for the random crap I watch
All choices are purely arbitary

1. Green Wing: Mac tells Guy that he is going to die
2. Bleach: Ichigo rescues Rukia, insisting that damsels in distress aren't allowed to tell their knights where to stick it
3. Air: Kanna's death
4. Beadle's About: Convincing an old lady that aliens were in her back garden
5. Our Friends In The North: Geordie leaves to "Don't Look Back In Anger" by Oasis... which was just an album track when the scene was filmed.
6. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi: Haruhi introduces herself to her classmates. "I am searching for aliens, time travellers and espers. I have no interest in ordinary humans. That is all."
7. Trigun: Legato's death

Hn, you'll have to give me some time to come up with the last three. Sorry for being obscure. ^^'

*~Pips~*

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 Jan , 2007 2:58 am

Besides every other minute on The Simpsons, there have only been two TV moments that I can think of that really floored me. Both are (sort of) on your list, TWT:

- the finale of The Office (BBC), where Bossman's armor is finally broken down (darn it, I can't remember the exact scene...will need to re-watch that sometime)
- the finale of 24 Season 1 (the only season one I've seen fully) when...well, pretty much that whole damn thing

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 Jan , 2007 2:40 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

1: Any time I hear the Dr Who theme music announcing a new episode.
2: Denholm Eliot denouncing Victorian England in the first BBC Bleak House (not the recent one)
3: The Stones coming on stage as if they owned it at Earls Court in around 1964.
4: Any random moment of any David Attenborough and the BBC Wildlife Unit collaboration.
5:The farmer coming home from the First World War and pissing in his midden in Heimat.
6:Seeing Oliver Reed attempt to smooch Betty Friedan on a late night Channel Four discussion and her getting her harassment hat on.
7: Armstrong stepping on the moon.
8: Any random moment of Hill Street Blues
9: The sea landing of Apollo 13
10:The defeat of Portillo in the 1997 election. The combined shout across the nation could probably have been heard in Belgium.

This list is in memory order only and I could probably come up with many more

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 Jan , 2007 2:50 pm

Oh yeah. The moon landing was pretty cool too. :blackeye:

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 Jan , 2007 5:50 pm
His Rosyness

Too tough but Dawn coming back to Tim in The Office was the only time I've squealed like a girl so that would be in there!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 Jan , 2007 9:10 pm
Wembley bound

There's just something about the BBC Office that was so inexplicably brilliant. After hours of watching Brent play the follow the kiss ass suddenly he becomes his own person and takes charge of his life for the first time and it's just amazing. It's good to know that it wasn't just me that felt that way when Dawn came back. I'm still a man!

After last night though I think I have some new favorite Jack Bauer moments. Amazing show.

Profile Quote
tinwe
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 16 Jan , 2007 4:25 pm
Waiting for winter

Let’s see if anyone here remembers this one.

The final scene of the last episode of the Newhart show. This was the show where Bob Newhart was an inn keeper at a little bed and breakfast in Vermont. He had a show many years before where he had played a psychologist in Chicago and Suzanne Pleshette played his wife. In the final scene in the innkeeper show he wakes up in bed, rolls over, wakes up his wife, and ... it’s Suzanne Pleshette! He’s back in the earlier show and realizes the whole innkeeper show was just a bad dream brought on from eating too much Chinese food! For people like me who had loved both of his shows, it was classic. They even played the old theme song in the closing credits. It was brilliant.

Here it is on You Tube:

The Last Newhart

[ img ]

I am a child, I'll last a while.
You can't conceive
of the pleasure in my smile.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 16 Jan , 2007 4:32 pm

I remember it. :)

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 16 Jan , 2007 4:44 pm
Aspiring to heresy

I remember that! I watched the last episode with my parents. None of us had seen the earlier show, but it was my mom that figured out that the woman in bed with him must have been a character from an earlier sitcom.

Nice to have it confirmed, after all these years. :D

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 16 Jan , 2007 5:52 pm
Wembley bound

Jude wrote:
Nice to have it confirmed, after all these years. :D
You are confirmed my son.

:D

Although I obviously wasn't around for the original release of this episode I think I'll put the series finale of Mash up there as my next favorite TV moment. It was a great episode, a brilliant show. I never get tired of it.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: