board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

In search of... that song, in that movie (or trailer)!!!!

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 05 Mar , 2007 5:09 pm
Wembley bound

I wonder if it's trailer trash who run that website...

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 12:38 am
Takoyaki is love

Cool!!!

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 May , 2007 3:15 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Okey dokey. I've been writing things down for a while, as ideas came to me, because I've been a downloading fiend the last couple months and kept finding out I wasn't as unfamiliar with certain tunes as I initially thought. Here are songs I have on me that have appeared in movie trailers, movies themselves, or commercials that got enough airplay for me to actually remember them:
  • "Mad World" - Gary Jules. Gears of War commercial. (The song was originally done for the DONNIE DARKO film but I liked it here, too. Entire video can be found here.)

"Take Me Out" - Franz Ferdinand. PSP commercial. (Not the commercial I was looking for, but at least it's cool. Video here.)

"Pink Moon" - Nick Drake. Cabrio commercial. (My favorite commercial of all time. Even if you don't want the song, just watch the video.)

"Stand My Ground" - Within Temptation. BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE trailer. (Song appears at 1:53. Entire video can be found here.)

"Hoppípolla" by Sigur Rós. CHILDREN OF MEN trailer. (Song appears at 1:35. Entire video is here.)

"An Ending (Ascent)" - Brian Eno. 28 DAYS LATER... trailer. (Song appears at 1:40. Entire song can be found here.)

"24" - Jem. ULTRAVIOLET trailer. (Song appears at 1:25. Entire song here - I hope no one minds that it is from a Milo Ventimiglia fan video.) =:)

"Somewhere Only We Know" - Keane. THE LAKE HOUSE trailer. (Song at 1:00. Entire video can be found here.)

"Powerless (Say What You Want)" - Nelly Furtado. WIN A DATE WITH TAD HAMILTON trailer. (Song starts at roughly one-third of the way through the video, when the plane lands and the main characters meet. Entire video here.)

"Time Is Running Out" - Muse. RUNNING SCARED trailer. (Song starts at 1:05. Entire video here.)

"Starman" - David Bowie. THE LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVE ZISSOU trailer. (Song starts at 1:45. Hear it in full here - I don't know who that is but at least it has the entire song.) :P

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What A Wonderful World" - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Multiple sources, as it's seriously everywhere. If you have kleenex nearby, check out what I suppose is an official video, as it includes footage from the scattering of his ashes. link

"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" - Green Day. LORDS OF DOGTOWN trailer. (Song starts at 1:55. Video here.)

"Suicide Is Painless" - Johnny Mandel. M*A*S*H theme song, except with vocals. (The file I downloaded said it was by Nick Drake :roll: but I didn't realize this theme song was from a non-instrumental piece, so I'm including it here for the hell of it.)

"Cells (instrumental)" - The Servant. SIN CITY trailer. (Song starts at 0:25. I can't really find the thing in it's entirety. This specific version was done for the movie's trailer and I've never heard the original.)
So yeah. If any of those sound good to you, I can send them over e-mail/instant messenger, or upload them to Media Fire.

As for finding out song titles or artists, here is a website I bookmarked but haven't actually used yet: http://www.tunefind.com/. It won't get you the songs, but at least you can Google from there, or whatever.

I still haven't found that version of "Comfortably Numb" from THE DEPARTED trailer, though I don't believe a video was posted from it before. So here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_LpBTzmepyA - it starts at 1:40.
enchantress wrote:
Given whats being said, Im surprised how few people are "downloaders" anymore :P :Q :oops:
Maybe I should mend my illegal ways... :Wooper: :neutral: ...
I think I can now almost completely say I will no longer download music from a file-sharing program. It is just not worth all the mislabelled tunes. At all. Sure, I'm picky, but I still hate having listened to a song twenty times and then finding out it's the wrong title. Or worse: wrong artist, too. Ugh. :rage: I don't have the money to support all the artists out there that I love, so I don't need to be ruining their song credits also.

Lately, I've just been hovering around LiveJournal communities and randomly downloading whatever shows up. Or if someone posts their music catalogue and says we can ask for them to upload anything from it, I'll scroll through that and either pick something I've been looking for, or albums by artists I sort of maybe like one song by. Heh. I like rolling the dice with this stuff. You never know what'll blow your socks off. :love:

EDITED for typos.

*E*

Last edited by *E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* on Sat 19 May , 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
The OG Borry
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 19 May , 2007 7:06 pm
The best things in life are not things

Location: here....<_< yeah here thats Ceres, CA for you stalkers

Oh man, that Gears of War commercial was probably one of the best commercials Ive ever seen, Superbowl worthy right there.
Borry

Borry: equality works both ways cheater!
Don: so does not

So I take pictures now, check em out if you'd like. Here you go.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 May , 2007 7:49 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

The animation is astounding, but the song makes it for me. Didn't care for the commercial at first, just because I was well familiar with the tune and hadn't previously associated it with action sequences. But it grew on me. Seriously, that song makes everything brilliant. I'm sure it will be over-played at some point, like "Angel" or "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan, but right now, if you need somber or haunting, it's the song to use. I know you saw this before, but I'll post it for everyone else: Kiwi Mad World version. It's that short animation that Lidless posted in the video snicker thread in Turf, set to Gary Jules' song. I wouldn't recommend watching this if you haven't seen the original video, though. Ruins the big climax.

Anyway. :)

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 May , 2007 8:05 pm
of Vinyamar

Who had the original? Was it Tears for Fears?

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 May , 2007 8:50 pm
Let the dice fly.

Yes, it's originally a Tears for Fears song. It's become one of those songs that's far better known in a cover version rather than the original, much like more people know Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah than Cohen's original.

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 May , 2007 12:56 am
Hasta la victoria, siempre

Hoppípolla. That's on something else too... something really familiar... some advert I must see all the time, and that's saying something, since I pretty much never watch TV...

All I can tell you about that version of Comfortably Numb is that it isn't the Scissor Sisters. :shrug:

*~Pips~*

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 21 May , 2007 8:42 am
of Vinyamar

It actually sounds like the original from Pink Floyd, but maybe with a different vocalist. In fact, it sounds a lot like Van Morrison. Did he sing it on "The Wall: Live in Berlin"?

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: