The Last Homely Site on the Web

Hot Fuzz from Shaun of the Dead People

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 18 posts ]
Ara-anna
Post subject: Hot Fuzz from Shaun of the Dead People
Posted: Wed 31 Jan , 2007 11:21 pm
Daydream Believer

http://www.roguepictures.com/viewer.php ... =480&h=202

Ok I loved Shaun of the Dead. And just found out about this movie. The trailer looks pretty funny.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 01 Feb , 2007 7:54 pm
Wembley bound

Watched the preview. Looks brilliant!

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 01 Feb , 2007 9:54 pm
Daydream Believer

If its half as funny as Shaun it should be good. My son and I have done the whole zombie singing bit many times.

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 01 Feb , 2007 11:45 pm
Hasta la victoria, siempre

I can't wait! This is my local film. It's full of people I know, filmed largely in and around my home city. The actual film is set in a village- they've had to digitise out the Cathedral I think. I guess that's how much they wanted to film here.
I wanted so badly to be in that film! They were taking photographic auditions for extras (I didn't get in) and then they wanted three underaged drinkers for a pub scene. They wanted a student from Wells Blue School, between the ages of 15 and 18, who was taking Theatre Studies. (This included me and my brother, amongst approximately forty people). Then they changed the spec at the last minute, so they had to be male, and Bill got put in detention during the audition hours. :sob:
Oh well, it's still going to be exciting. I was too young to see The Libertine, the last film shot in Wells, though I did stalk Johnny Depp for a day. One of the guys I went to Costa Rica with is one of the underaged drinkers, and I expect I'll know the other two once I see them. It's going to be great. :D

*~Pips~*

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
democritus
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 15 Feb , 2007 1:03 am

The guys from Spaced and Shaun of the Dead do it again.

That was the best straight up piece of entertainment I have seen in quite a long time, managing hilarious comedy, kick-ass action and a few great moments of genuinely creepy moments and over-the-top gore (the latter including a wonderful homage to early Peter Jackson who is friends with the lads).

It's a rare film that manages to properly walk the tight rope between a successful homage to and parody of over-the-top hollywood action and cop buddy films while at the same remianing very British. It juggles its many differing elements very well and has many great character pay-offs even during the hectic final third of the film. It also manages to be very sweet due to the fantastic chemistry once again between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

Many, many fine performances but special chops to Timothy Dalton who I don't think has ever been better. I hope he gets a lot more work out of this as he is an under-rated actor and was a real joy to watch here.

I will see this sucker many times, it's rare to see something this funny that also doesn't insult your intelligence.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 15 Feb , 2007 1:45 am
Daydream Believer

Well it doesnt show up here until April. :bawl: Thanks for the review, it makes me want to see it even more.

Profile Quote
The OG Borry
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 15 Feb , 2007 2:32 am
The best things in life are not things

Location: here....<_< yeah here thats Ceres, CA for you stalkers

Holy shite that looks awesome! I shoulda watched that preview earlier. Now im totally hooked.
Borry

Borry: equality works both ways cheater!
Don: so does not

So I take pictures now, check em out if you'd like. Here you go.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 1:34 pm
Milk and kisses

Fantastic film! :D Maybe not as immediately hysterical as Shaun of the Dead, but very, very slick and very, very funny. Definitely recommended. :)

Pips, I kept thinking of you and your friends whenever they showed Barford youngsters. Hee hee. :D

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 3:30 pm
Wembley bound

Grrrrrr! I think we have to wait another month...

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Mar , 2007 9:37 pm

Berhael wrote:
Pips, I kept thinking of you and your friends whenever they showed Barford youngsters. Hee hee. :D
I can't believe they killed Tom off. :Q
Do you remember near the end there were three inspectory people for Village of the Year or something? The extremely displeased man was my drama teacher. He used to give me that look every time I turned up to a lesson. :P

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 05 Mar , 2007 10:23 pm
pixel-pusher

I have not laughed so hard in a film in a long time, or maybe ever.

Pips, that's awesome! I'll have to go again and look for the extremely displeased man. :damnfunny:

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 05 Mar , 2007 11:08 pm

I completely fail to see the internal geographical logic of the film though. When they showed the car racing down through the marketplace I wondered where the hell it was meant to have come from- it's a dead end up there. They seemed to be suggesting that it had driven round the corner from the town hall- but they'd already shown the town hall in the film, and it's obvious that you can't get a car round those bollards and down the alleyway.
Trying to work out where the police station is meant to be makes my brain hurt. :scratch:

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
oldtoby
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 30 Apr , 2007 11:19 pm
Cuddly Studmuffin

I saw this yesterday. It was ok, unfortunately it seemed like it suffered from that strange disease that makes the film studios put all the best laughs in the trailers.

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 May , 2007 8:39 am
Tricksy Elf!

Pippin4242 wrote:
I completely fail to see the internal geographical logic of the film though. When they showed the car racing down through the marketplace I wondered where the hell it was meant to have come from- it's a dead end up there. They seemed to be suggesting that it had driven round the corner from the town hall- but they'd already shown the town hall in the film, and it's obvious that you can't get a car round those bollards and down the alleyway.
Trying to work out where the police station is meant to be makes my brain hurt. :scratch:

*~Pips~*
But apart from that the film is an accurate portrail of Avon & Sommerset's finest blues and Twos?

:LMAO:

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 May , 2007 6:17 pm

Actually we don't seem to have any. :scratch:

We just shoot the non-believers. :D

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 02 May , 2007 2:19 pm
Not so deep as a well

Quote:
I completely fail to see the internal geographical logic of the film though.
That's because it has nothing to do with actual geography. :D The disadvantage of knowing too much about the locale used for location filming is that it makes it hard to separate your internal map from that in the movie.

Which almost explains why it always bugged me to see the NORTH side of Minas Tirith illuminated by direct sunlight in March in ROTK. :D

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 May , 2007 10:56 pm
Wembley bound

Saw this twice in the last two days. Brilliant to say the least! One of the better comedies I've seen in the last few months.

Profile Quote
Silwen
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 29 Jun , 2007 7:01 pm
DomiKNITrix

This is a film I can watch over and over. I can't say how often I have watched it by now. What I like about it is that there are so many cool details, many of which I didn't notice during the first viewing, and it has all been very carefully planned and edited perfectly. The references to other films and Hollywood conventions are great. Definitely one of my favourites. Now I wish I still had Shaun of the Dead here to watch again.

Abso-knitting-lutely! The knitting blog.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: