The Last Homely Site on the Web

Bleach down the pub

Post Reply   Page 2 of 5  [ 94 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 31 Dec , 2007 12:43 am
Everything Is Numb

Ulquiorra looked down at the mug that Urahara slid before him and inwardly sighed. He figured that he would have to suffer through the horrible drink to help take the shinigami off their guards. He took a small sip and repressed a shudder. The things he did for Aizen-sama.

When he looked up again, the others at the table did seem more relaxed than before. What a strange thing to relax over, Ulquiorra mused. They wouldn't be so at ease if they knew to Ulquiorra, they all seemed a hundred times sweeter tasting than the ale before him. Ulquiorra smiled a little at that and relaxed himself. Let them take the smile for what they will, he thought. Maybe they'll even think it was friendly.

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 03 Jan , 2008 8:20 pm
Hasta la victoria, siempre

"So, er" began Ukitake awkwardly, trying desperately to carry the convesation, "why not, er, tell us a little about yourself?"
Ulquiorra looked unimpressed.
"Um, within reason, of course. We're no spies!"
Shunsui chuckled and ordered another couple of beers. One for the table, and one to feed his own thirst.

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 04 Jan , 2008 2:36 am
Everything Is Numb

Ulquiorra's eyes quickly shifted to Urahara sitting on his right. He wasn't sure how much the two shinigami before him knew. Did they even know what he was, or how he was created? Ulquiorra himself didn't know much about the second subject, only what Aizen had told him. He had noticed their eyes coming to rest at times on his zanpaktou at his side and decided to start with that. He took another swig of the drink before him. While it certainly wasn't something that he would make a habit of drinking, he supposed it wasn't as bad as he had first thought. He set the mug back on the table before him and said, "It doesn't work like yours."

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 05 Jan , 2008 11:47 am

"It doesn't work like yours."

Urahara coughed to hide his laughter at the arrancar's statement and quickly reached for the mug that Uryuu had given to him to further cover the laugh.

Uryuu shot him an angry look and then quickly returned his attention to the other shinigamis at the table.

How strange it is to be anything at all

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 25 Jan , 2008 3:30 am

Shunsui took one look at Urahara, knew exactly why he was coughing, and started to giggle himself, using a large, hairy hand to muffle the sound somewhat. Ukitake kicked him under the table, and then started laughing at his own juvenile reaction. Which set Urahara off again.
"I'm sorry," spluttered Ukitake, who by now feared setting off a proper coughing fit, "I believe my companion -" he glared at Urahara in a friendly but accusatory fashion "- found some innuendo in your last statement. Do please forgive us. We are old friends and have not had a chance to come together for, oh, quite some time now."
"Some years is more likely," said Shunsui gruffly, prodding Urahara with his foot.

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 25 Jan , 2008 4:25 am

As the three shinigamis laughed Uryuu sighed again and fiddled with his bracelet nervously.

Urahara laughed and nodded at Shunsui before finishing off his mug.

"We still act young around each other." Urahara murmured, motioning the bartender over to refill the mugs.

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 25 Jan , 2008 11:31 pm
Everything Is Numb

Ulquiorra closed his eyes and inwardly sighed. They had asked him to share information and Ulquiorra had done so in an extremely generous fashion. If they would rather laugh and carry on than be enlightened, so be it. Ulquiorra was curious though and he figured since he had told them a little of himself as they had asked, then they could share as well.

"I have no doubt you know what I am though you have not mentioned it yet," Ulquiorra said as he scanned the table with his dead-eye stare. "So why did you not attack me outright? Do you make habit of treating your enemies at your table?"

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 26 Jan , 2008 4:45 am

Ukitake glanced at Shunsui, who grinned widely.
"We're considered rather more unorthodox than our brethren. Kisuke here is an exile for his fascinating work, and Jyuushirou and I were recently involved in the conflict surrounding young Kuchiki Rukia, of which I am sure you know something... and in which we decided to take her side."
"What Shunsui is really saying," broke in Ukitake, "is that perhaps there are more constructive actions we could take than to fight every potential enemy we see. It is very easy to regret such rash actions later, but much more difficult to correct them. And so he is afraid that we will destroy his favourite pub if we battle today."

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 01 Feb , 2008 2:41 am
Everything Is Numb

Ulquiorra looked at the two shinigami before him and said nothing. He sat quietly and looked down at his drink before him. It was really quite an amazing thing, but he had an urge to take another swig of it. He shook his head as if to clear it and decided to start another thread of conversation to keep his mind from the ale.

"Do you come here often?" he asked looking at Shunsui.

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Feb , 2008 4:38 am

Shunsui looked a little surprised. It was one of his favourite chat-up lines, after all. "Well, often considering it's in the world of the living..." he mused, looking more serious than before. "It's a nice little place, and there's no chance of running into anyone from work here." He paused for a second and then inclined his head towards his companions, adding "unless, of course, I want to".
Ukitake smiled demurely at this. "How do you find the beer?" he asked politely of the arrancar. His own was largely untouched, though he appeared to be enjoying it perfectly well. He was quiet for a moment, and then smiled again as a thought occurred to him. "Do you suppose that we are breaking the law by buying you alcohol?" he asked wickedly, leaning across the table to look more closely at his enemy.

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Feb , 2008 4:51 am

Ishida coughed loudly and slammed his fists down on the table.

"He's old! Look at him, he's probably as old as Urahara is!" Urahara spewed beer across the table and began sputtering a defense as Ishida continued.

"Shouldn't you be more concerned that you've tried to get me to drink? What's the legal age in this country anyway?"

Urahara pulled his hat over his eyes and finished his mugful of beer before settling back to listen for Ukitake's defense of Shunsui.

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Feb , 2008 5:01 am

"I thought that perhaps our companion came into being after the theft of the hougyoku," said Ukitake evenly. "Also, Urahara-san is my kouhai." He raised his thick eyebrows in mock-threat.
"Never too young to start learning to drink properly," murmured Shunsui, his voice echoing from the bottom of his glass. Ukitake whipped out an arm and knocked Shunsui's hat from the table, making him jump.
"You don't have to drink it if you don't want to," he said sunnily, as Shunsui fumbled underneath his chair. "I've no idea of the legal age in this country, and I very much doubt that my comrade does either, but I think we both felt that it was best to treat you as equal, after all you did for us this summer." He wondered why Urahara was smirking triumphantly.

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Feb , 2008 5:18 am

Ishida cleared his throat, pushed up his glasses and threw a glare at Urahara.

Urahara continued smirking and calmly placed a full mug before Ishida, who groaned and took a large drink with a disgusted look on his face.

"That's no proper face to have after drinking a beer this tasty."

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 02 Feb , 2008 5:24 pm
Everything Is Numb

"The...beer?"

Ulquiorra looked at his glass with a touch of trepidation. "I'm sure it is up to par for such drinks." He wondered if it would be deemed impolite to not take another drink at such a question. He decided that he didn't care if it was or not. He wasn't drinking any more.

He looked up at Ukitake's question and explanation. Ulquiorra inwardly smiled. It seemed that they didn't know what kind of hollows that Aizen-sama was using the hougyoku on. The time of using it on non-Menos hollows was over. In fact Ulquiorra suspected that Aizen-sama was now not using it on anything less than vastolordes. They were in for a surprise come winter.

Ulquiorra looked down and noticed that he was replacing the mug back on the table. Did he just take a drink?

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Feb , 2008 10:06 pm

Ishida took another sip of the beverage before setting the mug down on the table.

"I'll have whatever expression on my face I wish to have." He mumbled, watching Ulquiorra take a sip from his own mug, slightly amused by the arrancar's expression of confusion.

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Feb , 2008 5:14 am

"That's the spirit," chuckled Shunsui, observing the seemingly heartfelt chug, but apparently oblivious to the arrancar's quizzical look.
"So how about it?" nudged Ukitake, with continuing curiosity. "Or is it too impolite to ask your age? I'm afraid I'd have to get out a brush and paper if I wanted to work out my own these days, with the way they keep changing how the years are counted."
"Two thousand three hundred and sixty-nine," said Shunsui, a dreamy look upon his face.
"Is that you or me?" asked Ukitake.
"Can't remember," said Shunsui cheerfully, drinking deeply.
"Do you count the time before you... came into your present state? Kyouraku and I were born in the Soul Society, so we have no years to account for before we became spirits." Ukitake sipped at his beer, conscientiously dabbing at his lips with a plain white handkerchief as he replaced the glass upon the table.

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Feb , 2008 5:46 am
Everything Is Numb

"I...I...don't know how old I am. I lost count during the many long years I was a hollow." Ulquiorra looked at the tabletop without expression. "It's easy to lose track of time in such a state."

He looked up suddenly and touched his head. What was up with him tonight? Why did he just tell the shinigami something like that? He glared accusingly at the glass before him. He thought about just getting up and leaving. It seemed less and less likely he was going to learn anything of use in his present state and even if he did, he probably wouldn't remember it come morning. Yet he felt strangely warm and buzzy and not really ready to leave just yet. Still he tried one more time to get sort some information out of the shinigami.

"Have you placed a new vice captain for your division yet?" he asked directing his question to Ukitake.

Wait...was that too direct? Ulquiorra barely suppressed the urge to groan in chagrin and then reached for his mug. Surely another drink would clear his head.

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Feb , 2008 1:53 pm

Ukitake looked stricken for a brief moment. His jovial question had turned out to have such an uncomfortable answer. And now he had to talk about Kaien-kun? He composed himself.
"Ah, and we assumed that Aizen-san would have kept you informed on such matters!" He smiled sadly. "I have been without a fukutaichou for fifty years. Perhaps one day I will promote somebody to fill that gap, but Aizen left our fold but a few short months ago. It isn't time yet."
Shunsui wondered when Ukitake would realise that he'd started to sound like a broken record on the matter. If he didn't do something about the situation soon, then either Yama-ji would notice the decline in the quality of the work put in by the Thirteenth and promote somebody over Ukitake's head, or Ukitake would try and keep up Kaien's standards and work himself to death.
But, he supposed, drinking deeply once more, he was right. It really wasn't time yet.

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Feb , 2008 3:42 pm
Everything Is Numb

Ulquiorra tried to think. Had he just asked an asinine question? The shinigami's response had made it seem so. Oh well, he wouldn't worry about it right now. He attempted to take another drink, but discovered the mug was empty. When had that happened? He considered asking for more, but then decided that wouldn't be for the best. Though he could no longer discern why exactly that was true.

He looked at the Quincy boy and his practically untouched drink before him. Ulquiorra admired his control and fleetingly wondered what happened to his own. The buzziness was quite pleasant he decided.

"Can I have another...beer...please?"

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Feb , 2008 10:23 pm

Ishida took a look around the table and suddenly slid his mug to the arrancar.

"Here...I can assure you I'm not ill." He murmured quietly, waiting patiently for some sort of reply.

Urahara cleared his throat and briefly considered swiping the mug since his own was empty yet again, but decided it would be a touch too rude for a first meeting with the arrancar.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 5  [ 94 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Jump to: