board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

The West Wing

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Farawen
Post subject: The West Wing
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 12:27 am
Far out

I'm certain I'm not the only Wingnut around here. So, who else likes the West Wing? :D Or used to like it before Sorkin left?

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 2:11 am
One of the Bronte Sisters

I love the West Wing but I don't always get to watch it and hope it will come out on DVD.

It plays at 9:00 pm on Wednesdays in my coast, and for years I have taught until 9:00 on Wedesdays ... I almost always have a class at that time. So I didn't watch it at all for the first two years.

Last year my night course was switched to days and I started watching TV! But I'm going back to night next term, so that will be the end of it.

Love all that political talk! And CJ is from my home town in RL!

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 4:50 am
Living in hope

Jn, the first three seasons are out on DVD, and the fourth is coming. Not outrageously expensive for a TV show, either--Amazon's price is $45 per season, less for the newer ones.

It used to be appointment TV for us, though since Sorkin left my husband has drifted away--he really didn't like the first episodes after the change, when they overdid the jittery camera, the characters seemed out of character, and what banter there was was bad. I do think it's improved quite a bit since then, though not to the level of the glory days.

It does help to be able to pretend for an hour that Bartlett is President, not that smirking little--ahem.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 5:57 am
Let the dice fly.

Love this show. It used to be my favorite...was just watching it on dvd, actually. ;)

I have to agree the Sorkin years were far, far superior to these days, though yes, they have improved somewhat. I don't really like where they've gone with the plotlines overall though, so...kinda ruins it a bit for me.

If it weren't for the great actors I probably would have stopped watching when Sorkin left...but I have an unhealthy attatchment to this group now.

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 6:11 pm
of Vinyamar

Four seasons are available here in Ireland. I used to watch it until I realised it was too good to just watch occasionally, so I bought the DVDs and am waiting for an opportunity to watch them a season at a time over a few weeks each.

I love DVDs :)

Alatar

Profile Quote
notlistening
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 3:11 am

Love the West WIng even when I don't quite get the politics of the US. They have stopped playing series 5 here with only 2 shws to go. :nono: very bad of them. We hates them now.

I have some on dvd and some on video.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 1:19 pm
Tricksy Elf!

Sorokin left :Q

Ok, I am behind. Love the show, have the first three series on DVD and must persuade my beloved to sit down and watch them sometime. Just don't do TV anymore....

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: