board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Specter turns Democrat - 60 seats in Senate!!!

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Estel
Post subject: Re: Specter turns Democrat - 60 seats in Senate!!!
Posted: Thu 30 Apr , 2009 8:44 am
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Sounds like a typical politician to me :suspicious:

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Thu 30 Apr , 2009 11:36 am

Freddy - I do not know what you are reading into things like his motives. What secret motives could he possibly have other than to serve at the pleasure of the President and do his bidding?

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Thu 30 Apr , 2009 1:18 pm

While Pennsylvaia's newest democrat gets all the press, keep your eye on 7th Congressional District Representative Joe Sestak. A former vice admiral in he US Navy, Sestak suprised the state establishment in 2006 beating a ten term incumbent. When he inquired about running for the seat he was told by the Democratic Congressional Candidate Committee that he should stay out of the race and they already had their candidate. He represents a Philadelphia area district and has already raisedsome $3 million dollars towards whatever race he runs next year.

One major reason that Arlen Specter announced his part switch this week was Sestak was lining up support for his own run to be the Democratic Senatorial nominee. Specter was told over the weekend that not only did his own internal polls show that he could not win a Republican senatorial primaty, but Sestak was going to announce soon on the Democratic side. It was Sestak, as much as anything else, which pushed Specter to switch and do it now.

Congressman Sestak was on the Bill Press radio show this morning and said he would not rule out any run for the seat next year. He said that the Washington establishment should not be able to decide for the people of Pennsylvania. He said he would be watching closely Specter over the coming months to see what he is for and if he stands for values of Democratic voters.

The future for Senator Specter may not be as bright as it looked just 24 hours ago. But that could be good news for many in the Democratic party who want Specter to be a real Democrat. Knowing that Sestak is on his left flank could force Specter to fall in line with Democratic party votes a bit more than he otherwise would have liked to do. Specter knows that a grass roots challenge to him because he "is not a real Democrat" could be successful unless he demonstrates otherwise over the next few months.

Last edited by sauronsfinger on Thu 30 Apr , 2009 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Feredir
Posted: Thu 30 Apr , 2009 3:57 pm

sauronsfinger wrote:
Freddy - I do not know what you are reading into things like his motives. What secret motives could he possibly have other than to serve at the pleasure of the President and do his bidding?

I couldn't tell you what his motives are, all I can tell you is what I said earlier. His words do not match his non-verbals. I won't speculate because that would be wrong for me to do.

As far as Karl Rove, I didn't get the same intense readings of non-verbals from him as I do from Mr. Emmanuel.

freddy

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: