board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Libertarians to Democrats: Call off the thugs

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 41 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
sauronsfinger
Post subject: Re: Libertarians to Democrats: Call off the thugs
Posted: Fri 14 Aug , 2009 5:52 pm

The Kenneth Gladney get Rich Quick Scam continues unabated.

http://www.iamkennethgladney.com/

First he wants to shakedown the union who he blames for his plight by announcing plans to file suit. Then he fleeces his own supporters with donations for his medical bills despite having medical insurance to cover those expenses. Now he is going to the entire nation with a campaign humbly telling us "Remember, we Are All Kenneth Gladney". Notice the place at the bottom to donate your money. They even take paypal. This guy is worse than a common streetwalker. At least there you get something for your money. With Gladney, all you get is taken for a sucker.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Fri 14 Aug , 2009 6:08 pm
Best friends forever

All of this would be funny if it wasn't so sickening.

I swear I am gladder every single day that I was smart enough to be born in Canada. ;)

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Fri 14 Aug , 2009 7:49 pm
Daydream Believer

The duel citizenship is looking more and more viable at this point.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Sat 15 Aug , 2009 12:47 am
Insolent Pup

Can we start a counter website: I AM NOT KENNETH GLADNEY.COM

Check this. 1 minute and 45 seconds At this time there is Mr. Gladney standing there waving a cop down, not looking injured at all.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Mon 17 Aug , 2009 11:06 am

That pesky videotape keeps getting in the way of the Gladney claims. The good news is that Gladney and his "there is a sucker born every minute act" seems to have vanished in the last few days. We can only hope it stays that way for good.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Tue 18 Aug , 2009 11:08 am

This seems to be becoming a hot fashion trend

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/17/ ... nnSTCVideo

either that or we have indeed fallen down the rabbit hole and are in danger of passing Alice fairly soon.

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Thu 20 Aug , 2009 8:00 pm

TheEllipticalDisillusion wrote:
I remember the "Bush = Hitler" signs, and so many people got annoyed because it is an unfair comparison. Love seeing that those comparisons are back, and this time from the same side that called them unfair!
People of both parties seem to forget that what goes around comes around. Give power to people of your party, the other party gets that power next election. Give approval to an attack ad, the other party gets permission to use that attack ad.
Ara-anna wrote:
Emphasis added

Are you sure you want to fight about citizenship?

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Thu 20 Aug , 2009 9:41 pm

What happened to your poster victim Kenneth Gladney CG? How is he doing? I would have figured by this point he would be in either an iron lung or on life support. That is the subject of your post in this thread. Have you abandoned the struggle so fast and without so much as a whimper?

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Thu 20 Aug , 2009 11:18 pm
Insolent Pup

Quote:
People of both parties seem to forget that what goes around comes around. Give power to people of your party, the other party gets that power next election. Give approval to an attack ad, the other party gets permission to use that attack ad.
Politics as usual. :bawl: I'm glad that the ice caps are melting. Soon we'll be able to sink Washington, and hopefully most of the scum that lives there.

Maybe Gladney realized that it was painfully obvious that he was obviously pain-free in that video especially while waving the cop to stop.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
vison
Posted: Fri 21 Aug , 2009 12:34 am
Best friends forever

Cenedril_Gildinaur wrote:
I remember the "Bush = Hitler" signs, and so many people got annoyed because it is an unfair comparison. Love seeing that those comparisons are back, and this time from the same side that called them unfair!
Ara-anna wrote:
Emphasis added

Are you sure you want to fight about citizenship?
C_G, I just notice your little slap at someone elsewhere for a spelling mistake. Is that the best you can do? It's a cheap shot.

But I guess the leaden and unendingly relentless pounding of your "logic" has worn you out as much as it has everyone else, leaving you with only carping nastiness for weapons.

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Fri 21 Aug , 2009 12:37 am
Insolent Pup

CG might be on to something. Instead of elections, we should hold duels for office. Think about it how many less politicians we'd have. Maybe the duel could be a citizen punishment for scandals, or cheating, or lying. Politicians would be better behaved, I think.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Fri 21 Aug , 2009 1:28 am

Before some picture perfect wiseass makes fun of anything Ara-anna has written I notice two things... first is that Ara has a way of writing some statements in a Gracie Allen sort of way that at first sounds like a mistake but when mulled over makes you smile and think a bit more about it. I once used the phrase "white collar neighborhood" and she came back with "white color neighborhood". I too thought she made a mistake but then thought about it and realized she was being far more clever and insightful than I was. Second, what is the old line about living in glass houses and throwing stones?

Profile Quote
Meril36
Posted: Fri 21 Aug , 2009 1:29 am

vison wrote:
C_G, I just notice your little slap at someone elsewhere for a spelling mistake. Is that the best you can do? It's a cheap shot.

But I guess the leaden and unendingly relentless pounding of your "logic" has worn you out as much as it has everyone else, leaving you with only carping nastiness for weapons.
Um, I think that was intended to be a joke, not a cheap shot.

Having politicians fight to the death for office sounds like a good idea, though.

Trying for profundity only limits depth.

With all the anger in the land, how long before the judgement day? Before we cut the fat ones down to size? Before the barricades arise?

Visit my art gallery at deviantART.

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Posted: Fri 21 Aug , 2009 2:03 am
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

Politics as usual. :bawl: I'm glad that the ice caps are melting. Soon we'll be able to sink Washington, and hopefully most of the scum that lives there.
Hey, there's some great stuff in Washington. ;) And since most of the politicians don't actually live in the city, you'd actually just be sinking a few hundred thousand impoverished inner-city residents, and some cool architecture.

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Posted: Fri 21 Aug , 2009 9:02 am
Filthy darwinian hobbit

The duel code was actually used across Europe and the US as a means for the rich and powerful to get rid of troublesome opponents. It is romanticised far too much.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
Lidless
Posted: Sun 23 Aug , 2009 10:10 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Tue 01 Sep , 2009 2:41 am

Meril36 wrote:
vison wrote:

Um, I think that was intended to be a joke, not a cheap shot.

Having politicians fight to the death for office sounds like a good idea, though.
In order for them to recognize that I made a joke they'd need to each have a sense of humor.

But yes, making politicians duel for the office does sound good.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Tue 01 Sep , 2009 11:20 am

Ah - so Vison joins the long line of people who do not get your "joke" and its her fault? Really CG - over the years I have noticed a pattern about you and humor. You fail to get it when anyone uses humor to poke fun at some position you consider as a religious tenet of your faith. Then, when you insult others, it turns out to be a joke that went flat. So you do not GET the humor when it is aimed at you or your positions and others do not GET your humor when it is aimed at them. Conclusion: as others on several boards have observed, a sense of humor is not your strong suit.

Perhaps we can get back to the thread topic? How is the town hall poster boy Kenneth Gladney doing in his fight to hit the lottery?

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Tue 01 Sep , 2009 5:45 pm

sauronsfinger wrote:
over the years I have noticed a pattern
I doubt that.

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Tue 01 Sep , 2009 5:49 pm

Quote:
Quote:
sauronsfinger wrote:
over the years I have noticed a pattern
CG reply
I doubt that.
You can doubt anything you want including reality but the pattern was unmistakable and identified for all to see. You can't make a joke and you can't take a joke. Its what Steve Martin said in the excellent film MY BLUE HEAVEN about having a sense of humor..... "Everyone thinks they do, even people who don't. "

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 41 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: