Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 36 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
Jonny
Post subject: my TAT!!
Posted: Sun 27 Feb , 2011 1:15 pm
pixel-pusher

:P

:)

Scallop shell as explained here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_of_St. ... lop_symbol

Fun with colors:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/E ... /shell.jpg

ouchies!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/E ... G_0477.jpg

took about 1.5-2 hours. Just took the cellophane off. :horse:

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject: Re: my TAT!!
Posted: Sun 27 Feb , 2011 4:18 pm

I like it! That came out well. :)

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Sun 27 Feb , 2011 7:36 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Ouch! ;)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Sun 27 Feb , 2011 7:43 pm
pixel-pusher

thanks!! I'm really happy with it. It's healing up nicely already!

[ img ]

I'll catch myself in the the mirror and be caught off guard. "What the FUCK is THAT?!!!" and then I'll remember :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :P :P

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Sun 27 Feb , 2011 7:52 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

It looks cool!

(Hahaha, though! It looks like you have a rat tail because of that branch behind your head. :P)

Oh, wait, unless you do have a rat tail, in which case I should say that I like them. :whistle:

(Really, I do. I used to have one--a braided one--and I'd have it back now if I weren't too old for one and they weren't out of style.)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Sun 27 Feb , 2011 8:33 pm
Aspiring to heresy

A tattoo, eh? Well, sooner you than me. :P

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Posted: Sun 27 Feb , 2011 10:57 pm
A song outlasts a dynasty.

Are you going to walk the Camino, Jonny? Only today a friend of mine was saying how she's a) going to walk the Camino and b) had an interview to teach at a school named after St. James... Now you turn up with his symbol on your chest... I feel like Dr. Who and Bad Wold...

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2011 2:39 am
pixel-pusher

Crucifer, it's totally a sign - for you and me. :-) I do plan to walk it in the next few years.

Lali, LOL! Well it's not a rat tail but I'm not necessarily opposed ;-)

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2011 5:07 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I'm allergic to scallops, they look like chewed up assholes. :uhoh:

Luckily their shells are beautiful, and that is a great tattoo!

I had no idea that shell shape wasn't for oysters, though. Sea creatures are so varied and plentiful, it's hard to keep track of anything besides what'll kill you or taste bad. :P

Oh, and cheers for naked b77ers, I miss these kinda things being more common.

[ img ]

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2011 2:19 pm
pixel-pusher

Yay for nakedness!! :toast:

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Mon 28 Feb , 2011 2:42 pm

Looks like a good relatively non-stretchy place to put a tattoo. :)

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Posted: Tue 01 Mar , 2011 4:35 am
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

That's beautiful! I love the symbolism of the scallop shell, and I hope you do get to walk the Camino someday. :)

I have one tattoo already (a gecko on my right shoulder) and am planning to get a cherry blossom design on my outer thigh, just above the knee. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks! Tattoos are pretty addicting, I think. Once I got the first I immediately wanted another--I waited two years, though, to make sure.

Profile Quote
TheMary
Posted: Tue 01 Mar , 2011 9:54 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

That looks awesome Jonny! And might I add that you are just so damn cute :love:

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Thu 03 Mar , 2011 8:34 pm
pixel-pusher

Elsha, that cherry blossom design sounds beautiful :love: post piccies when you get it done?

TM :kiss:

Profile Quote
TWT
Posted: Fri 11 Mar , 2011 6:22 pm
Wembley bound

Hey dude! I like it. Very nice with cool symbolism. Did it hurt much getting it done on the chest plate? I imagine anywhere near a bone like that would hurt quite a bit...

I have a biohazard symbol on my ankle. No deep meaning there, I'm just a big fan of zombie movies :P

I do plan on getting two more done this year. I'm designing an old style skeleton key but in the base (where you grab the key with your fingers) I'm putting a treble clef and in the second one a base clef. I want to put them on the inner part o my arms, like the tricep area. They'll be about 4 or 5 inches each.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Sat 12 Mar , 2011 1:12 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Zombie sympathizers!!!1

Too hard to find, imo. :(

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
TWT
Posted: Sun 13 Mar , 2011 6:59 am
Wembley bound

What? Are you pro-life?

;)

That could be a touchy pun....

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Sun 13 Mar , 2011 10:09 am

I'm pro-me when it comes to the war on zombies, but they are my favorite movie monsters. So underrated. :pout:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Thu 02 Jun , 2011 4:53 pm
pixel-pusher

Sooooooo I've got the fever again :damnfunny: I'm tryin to figure out what I want to do next. I'm thinkin about surrounding the seashell in driftwood and scrimshaw on my shoulders. Total nautical theme.

The other way I'm thinking of taking it is going with another saint symbol. The seashell is St. James so I was looking at various other neato Saintly symbols. Maybe that way when I get to the pearly gates I'll be let in!

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Thu 02 Jun , 2011 5:02 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Ask your tattooer if he can do an animated .gif, like Maria's old sig for example. Now that would be cool!
[ attachment ]
movingDao.gif (47.41 KiB) Viewed 15113 times

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 36 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: