The Last Homely Site on the Web

my TAT!!

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 36 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Jonny
Post subject: Re: my TAT!!
Posted: Thu 02 Jun , 2011 5:11 pm
pixel-pusher

oooooh. I could just do different stages of the animation all around my torso. Then I could spin really fast and it would animate!!!!!!!

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Thu 02 Jun , 2011 6:38 pm

:LMAO:
:D

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Sun 05 Jun , 2011 2:52 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I wonder if there's not some messed up technical procedure that could make it happen, though. People get their eyes tattooed, actual skin removed so that their designs look more like red stencils, and one dude even had his nekkid girlie tat injected so the breasts have dimension. Maybe they could implant a motorized chip under your skin that wobbled around like a CD that hasn't stopped spinning yet. Or not move, but project the ying & yang symbol so you can see it through the skin, and the image on the chip itself is moving.

There are crazy cosmetic surgeries out there, you know ppl are dreaming this up. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
TWT
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2011 10:27 am
Wembley bound

I've thought about getting an ultraviolet tattoo. They're really cool (just google image 'UV tattoo' if you haven't seen one before). However I've heard that the ink can be bad for you so I'm not really thinking of getting one til I do more research. That and I'd rather spend my money on a couple other tattoos I want first.

What do you guys think of UV tats?

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2011 12:01 pm
Aspiring to heresy

If there's any possibility that the ink will be bad for you, my advice would be to avoid them altogether.

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Fri 17 Jun , 2011 12:25 pm
pixel-pusher

TWT, I think they're totally cool. The dancefloor tattoo. :-) Get under the black light of a club and you light up like a Christmas tree, instant conversation starter. But like you the thing that's stopping me about it is that they don't really know enough about it yet... the long term effects. I want someone to have a UV tattoo for 40 + years and not get cancer before I try it... haha.

So in other words my kids are gonna have really badass UV tattoos... and their geriatric grandfather might join them. ;)

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Wed 20 Jul , 2011 5:22 pm
pixel-pusher

[ img ]

yesterday!

:D

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Wed 20 Jul , 2011 5:38 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Pretty!!! The lark ascending? (I caught your post on FB.)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Wed 20 Jul , 2011 7:22 pm
pixel-pusher

Yeeeeah that poem / music is what made me want to get a bird tattoo:)

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2011 9:05 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I just realized I don't know how tattoos are actually made. Is the artwork like stippling? The sewing machine scared me in home ec class, so I'd barely touch the pedal to make it nice and slow; less mistakes in the work, less chance of my fingers getting eaten. :D Does the tattoo needle work like that? Or the artist has to manually puncture the skin while the needle just keeps a steady flow of ink coming out?

I have no idea how they can do shading unless it's with stippling. :Q

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Mon 25 Jul , 2011 4:23 am
pixel-pusher

Stippling yeah!! I kept asking what the artist was doing as he was working and stuff started to feel different. A few different times he said he was "stippling." :-) So... yes! Other than that I really don't know haha.

And sooo I'm thinking of getting a sleeve! Updates to come! My go-to tattoo friend says I have to get it done in color but, honestly? I really don't like the look of color as much as simple black and grey. I think it has a classic look to it. That said a little bit of color I think is nice. Think: Sin City style of coloring. One or two things for added effect.

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Tue 26 Jul , 2011 3:02 pm

A co-worker of mine has had a rose tatooed on her forearm most of her adult life. She has to get it recolored every decade or so. There's something to be said for black and white!

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Mon 26 Sep , 2011 9:12 pm
pixel-pusher

Next in the line up we have....

(beware, blindingly pale leg to follow)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Mon 26 Sep , 2011 9:39 pm

It's nicely done. :)

How many more do you think you'll do? You've done a lot in a short space of time. (Just curious, no judgment here.)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jonny
Posted: Fri 30 Sep , 2011 11:01 pm
pixel-pusher

:) I have several more in mind... I guess once you break the dam... :suspicious: ;)

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Sat 01 Oct , 2011 12:47 am

:D I guess!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 36 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: