board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

What are you listening to right now?

Post Reply   Page 73 of 73  [ 1443 posts ]
Jump to page « 169 70 71 72 73
TWT
Post subject: Re: What are you listening to right now?
Posted: Tue 29 Oct , 2013 1:15 am
Wembley bound

Sunday morning - Velvet Underground & Nico

Found out yesterday, Sunday, and put on my Andy Worhol vinyl by Velvet Underground. Sad day. Feeling pretty bummed at the death of Lou Reed. I've loved his music for a long time and he was a game changer in early rock n roll. To me one of the most influential musicians who inspired a lot of others I live, Bowie, Iggy Pop and more. Real shame he's gone. :(

Profile Quote
aninkling
Posted: Fri 02 Dec , 2016 2:39 pm

Seemed like the most appropriate thread for this: free download of a very pretty Christmas song (instrumental version)
Maria durch ein Dornwald ging
http://www.lieder-archiv.de/maria_durch ... 00046.html

And a nice hour of choral Christmas music by the group VocalEssence, with mostly uncommon carols, including a couple of new ones.
http://www.yourclassical.org/story/2016 ... -christmas

Society can and does execute its own mandates, and if it issues wrong mandates instead of right, or any mandates at all in things with it ought not to meddle, it practices a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression, since, though not usually upheld by such extreme penalties, it leaves fewer means of escape, penetrating much more deeply into the details of life, and enslaving the soul itself. ― John Stuart Mill

Profile Quote
aninkling
Posted: Wed 14 Dec , 2016 4:58 pm

It seems I'm not the only one who likes this carol. Performance Today's daily download is Maria durch ein Dornwald ging (full choral version, which isn't easy to find online for free):
http://www.yourclassical.org/story/2016 ... nwald-ging

It should be available for about a week. There are also some other free downloads on the site, like The Dance of the Snowflakes from The Nutcracker, Silent Night, and a nice version of Ave Maria.

Society can and does execute its own mandates, and if it issues wrong mandates instead of right, or any mandates at all in things with it ought not to meddle, it practices a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression, since, though not usually upheld by such extreme penalties, it leaves fewer means of escape, penetrating much more deeply into the details of life, and enslaving the soul itself. ― John Stuart Mill

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 73 of 73  [ 1443 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 169 70 71 72 73
Jump to: