Need to Contact A Ranger? Post Here

Post Reply   Page 80 of 83  [ 1648 posts ]
Jump to page « 178 79 80 81 82 83 »
LalaithUrwen
Post subject: Re: Need to Contact A Ranger? Post Here
Posted: Wed 07 Jun , 2017 3:56 am
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

Thanks, guys.

And, yes, Maria, the whole thing is off-putting. I'm sorry for the role I played in that for you.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Tue 20 Jun , 2017 7:54 pm

Can you guys either change the name of CG's thread to something innocuous or start a new one? It's very disturbing to me to see someone be forced to take credit for a title they don't agree with. Even if he is banned.

It's just not right.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Wed 21 Jun , 2017 2:42 am

I have changed the title to "Trump." I included a note in large letters in the original post that this was not the title that CG selected. I would like to lock this thread now and have inky, preferably, start a new one with whatever title she would prefer.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Wed 21 Jun , 2017 12:43 pm

Thank you! :hug:

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Fri 23 Jun , 2017 3:17 pm

Sure thing!

And the thread split was a good idea, I think.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

[ img ]

Profile Quote
aninkling
Posted: Fri 23 Jun , 2017 5:18 pm

Yes, I think that was the best solution. Though I have very little sympathy for CG - from what I saw, he abandoned the thread for months, then came back and got possessive about the title. He could have acted like an adult - looked in here to see why the name change, and discussed his concerns about the new title. I'm sure everyone would have been reasonable and tried to accommodate him if he had.

Anyway, I thought I should re-post my recent comment about the split here, in case it got lost in the thread:
Quote:
btw, it might make more sense to split this thread after the early discussions of the election. Right now, there are some posts on the first page that don't make a lot of sense because they flow from the previous discussion. What about starting with my post on the second page of this thread, which starts:
Quote:
Did anyone see this, um, event? The only word that seems to suit it is "fiasco." Or perhaps "circus"?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2 ... production
If it's too much bother to change the position of the split, feel free to ignore me. :) The discussion of the election itself and what part racism played in it (which CG started), is long past - leaving part of it in the new thread is unlikely to make any difference unless someone starts reading the threads for the first time.

Society can and does execute its own mandates, and if it issues wrong mandates instead of right, or any mandates at all in things with it ought not to meddle, it practices a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression, since, though not usually upheld by such extreme penalties, it leaves fewer means of escape, penetrating much more deeply into the details of life, and enslaving the soul itself. ― John Stuart Mill

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Fri 23 Jun , 2017 6:43 pm
Aspiring to heresy

The "Merge" thingy doesn't seem to work. I split the new thread from the post you suggested, but when I tried to merge the other two threads, it didn't work, or anyway didn't do what the form said it would do. So now we have three trumply threads. Um - yay?

The most recent thread I just gave a name of "Temp Title", so you can name it whatever you think appropriate.

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
aninkling
Posted: Fri 23 Jun , 2017 7:44 pm

:D Yikes, I'm not sure we want Trump proliferating.

I tried to rename the title, but it doesn't look like I actually have authorship of the thread - clicking on the thread title, etc. gets me nowhere. Sorry!

What I was going to do was name the new thread "You've Been Trumped.v2" then let you delete the old thread.

Society can and does execute its own mandates, and if it issues wrong mandates instead of right, or any mandates at all in things with it ought not to meddle, it practices a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression, since, though not usually upheld by such extreme penalties, it leaves fewer means of escape, penetrating much more deeply into the details of life, and enslaving the soul itself. ― John Stuart Mill

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Fri 23 Jun , 2017 7:55 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Oh, I wouldn't want to delete the old thread - that would mean losing posts.

I'm surprised that it won't let you edit the thread title. Can't you edit the first post in the thread? If so, you should also be able to edit the contents in the title field.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Fri 23 Jun , 2017 9:07 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Okay, I merged the two threads, thanks to help from Prim over on HoF.

Let me know if you still can't edit the title of the new thread, based on the instructions above...

[ img ]

Profile Quote
aninkling
Posted: Mon 26 Jun , 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks, Jude, and sorry. I didn't realize it would be that much of a nuisance to change the position of the split.

Yes, I was able to change the title. I was trying to do things in a hurry on Friday and forgot where/how to do it.

Profile Quote
Alatar
Posted: Tue 01 Aug , 2017 9:14 am
of Vinyamar

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Tue 01 Aug , 2017 12:41 pm
Aspiring to heresy

I agree

[ img ]

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Tue 01 Aug , 2017 1:51 pm

But she is passionate about to writing and charity and newbie here! Shouldn't we give her a chance?

:roll:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Tue 01 Aug , 2017 2:19 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Sure - let's just edit in a scathing review of the website she links to :devil:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
aninkling
Posted: Thu 26 Sep , 2019 12:41 am

I think Al's account might have been compromised. "His" reply to the thread in The Member's Lounge is odd (It seems pretty obvious you were talking to me, Jude) and there's a rather bizarre reply to a thread in The Turf. Though in that case, maybe I just don't get it, - I never looked at the video. Still, it doesn't sound like him.

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Thu 26 Sep , 2019 1:24 am
Aspiring to heresy

The reply in the Turf made perfect sense, if you followed the conversation from before, as well as the video I posted. I was puzzled by the post in the Member's Lounge, though - it was like half of the post got swallowed up so I couldn't quite parse it.

Alatar, are you there? Say something :poke:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
aninkling
Posted: Thu 26 Sep , 2019 1:35 am

I'm glad The Turf reply made sense to you and it looks like a false alarm. I wasn't too concerned about the other one, but then I read two that seemed strange and thought there might be a problem.

Profile Quote
Alatar
Posted: Fri 27 Sep , 2019 2:12 pm
of Vinyamar

I have no recollection,. lemme have a look

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Posted: Fri 27 Sep , 2019 2:14 pm
of Vinyamar

"Only cause I have a friend who emigrated there posting on FB" That was me replying to the question about "Do you know about the Canada election"

What was the other one again?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 80 of 83  [ 1648 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 178 79 80 81 82 83 »
Jump to: