board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Carnivále - Season One Only!

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Alatar
Post subject: Carnivále - Season One Only!
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 11:16 pm
of Vinyamar

Just finished watching Season One. What an atmospheric, moody piece of writing. I'm fascinated. I know Season Two is already showing in the US so I'm asking for no Season 2 Spoilers, but aside from that, what are your thoughts?

Alatar

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 13 Mar , 2005 8:28 pm

Alatar -- did not start watching this from the beginning but have caught up with the reruns and find it fascinating. Its a wonderful piece of TV that probably is not getting much of an audience.

Its dark, moody, brooding and delicious.

Personal confession: I find the character of the overweight stripper in the hoochie coochie show the most sexually provacative character in many a year on TV. I am drawn to her like a moth to a flame. Cannot get enough of that woman.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Sister Magpie
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 8:15 pm

I love this show-I'm listening to the soundtrack as we speak, actually. :)

I started watching it at the beginning mostly because I loved the carnival setting and because Michael Anderson was in it. He plays Sampson, who may be my favorite character.

I've yet to be able to have a really coherent conversation about it, though. I'm never quite sure I'm getting what's going on. I just know I like it.

-m

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 6:13 am
Insolent Pup

I saw the season one dvd next to Deadwood today while buying some dvds and I decided I need to see Carnivale. Where is it shown usually?

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 1:55 pm

HBO Sunday nights after DEADWOOD with repeats on various HBO channels throughout the week.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: