board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Pope John Paul II

Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 68 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Apr , 2005 11:00 am

Enchie, do you remember 'Ziarno'? The priest who ran it gave us a copy on dvd of the programme where he managed to get JPII to meet with the children...I remember watching that one on TV. Those kids and their questions! It seems like he just let them make a list of everything they ever wanted to ask the Pope and then ask away as they pleased. "Does the Pope have much trouble with his car? Do you like when little girls wear braids? Is the Holy Father afraid of anything? Does the Pope like brushing his teeth?" It was mayhem...mayhem...they were all over him... no procedure, no formalities, just kids tugging at his sleeve and asking very important questions. :D

Profile Quote
enchantress
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Apr , 2005 2:14 am
Sorcery in Action

Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!
Ro, I loved Ziarno!!!!!! :D:D:D
That is so cute... I remember seeing bits of the episode... but I dont think I saw the whole one...I think bits of it were part of their czolowka at some point...
Is that one program available to buy anywhere?
...and you know the priest from Ziarno? :shock: *is starstruck* :P :oops: :D

That show was cute... they had good topics and explained most things in a loving way, without pushing too much politics or conservatism or whatever. I remember in one episode they showed a Franciscan monastery somewhere in Poland, and the brothers were really cool and they ran an animal shelter :D... they had all these dogs in nice big pens in their orchard.. and little ones running around... I forget what city it was... some little town somewhere...I thought that was the cutest thing ever...and very true to the Franciscan calling...St. Francis of Assissi was always one of my favourite Saints.

Falling into Autumn... :)

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 10 Apr , 2005 10:10 am

I can make you a copy of the dvd...the priest is ksiądz Drozdowicz... friend of my parents. The funniest bit was actually when the Pope's visit was over, because that's when the song kicked in. 'Parafian Blues'...lol...all those kids dancing on the roofs and the priest twirling a contrebasse around singing the blues... He was one cool priest.

Profile Quote
enchantress
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 11 Apr , 2005 2:24 am
Sorcery in Action

Yes yes yes, please :D
If its not too much trouble and if you remember sometime ;)

A friend of mine just posted this on her journal. I love this photo. I think its wonderful :)

[ img ]

:D

Falling into Autumn... :)

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 11 Apr , 2005 11:26 am

Awww! LOL...

You know, watching all the Pope pilgrimages on tv made me wonder if the world was a lot more trusting years ago, or maybe people were less ruthless? It doesn't sound right, and yet, for a long time no one even thought that the Pope might need a Papamobile...bulletproof glass box... cordons of security agents... I saw videos of him riding out in an open-top car, and there was barely enough room for the car to pass through, he could have touched hands with the crowd if he leaned out (and often did.) Then he was speaking to some official people, and he stood in the middle of them, just him and a cardinal assistant, and a baby crawled out into the middle of the room to sit at his feet.

After the assasination attempt, things changed I guess. But sometimes I wonder at the amount of safeguarding we feel we need nowadays, and we're not even Popes or Presidents...just ordinary people.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 19 Apr , 2005 5:36 pm
Living in hope

A discussion of the new Pope Benedict XVI began at this point, and I split those posts off into a new thread.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 19 Apr , 2005 5:38 pm
Gloriosus

What luxury, I remember the TORC days when everybody yelled "have you made a thread search on "pope"?! Post in that thread you n00b or we'll throw you to the bernd!

That was movies only, of course.

– – –

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 19 Apr , 2005 5:41 pm
Living in hope

These boutique message boards must meet a higher standard of service.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 68 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Jump to: