board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Board 77 Admin rotation - VOLUNTEER!!

Locked   Page 5 of 8  [ 141 posts ]
Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 7 8 »
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 10:58 am

I have no idea what's going on either- just popped in to make it crystal clear that I won't have ANY problem with being replaced. I haven't made myself useful at all yet, on the contrary, I messed up in a thread last night by mixing up some buttons. :oops:

So...yeah. :P

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:12 am
Milk and kisses

Correct me if I'm wrong (please! :D). I'm confused too. Too much on my plate right now...

The way I see it:

- The vote to choose Eru's replacement started on Feb 4, and was supposed to run for 10 days. Therefore, the new admin will start on Feb 14, which is also the day Eru will stop being an admin.

That's the "official" procedure as I understand it; as I said, I might be wrong (knowing my history, I probably am ;)).

HOWEVER... last weekend there were a number of new people coming in, Squiddy was asking tech questions that I didn't know how to answer, Din was in a hurry to be de-admined and I deleted his permissions by accident, Eru and Griff were away and I wasn't on the computer. I panicked and since I was talking to Ro at the moment, and she was willing to have a go at the styles thing, I decided to give her emergency admin powers, thinking that I'd do the same for Estel, but giving a few hours advance warning in case anyone objected (for instance, Estel herself saying "sorry, I can't do it right now").

As it was, Leoba posted that it would be better to wait until the end of the voting deadline, so I deferred the decision to admin Estel until it would be "official". Moreover, Eru and Griff came back, so my reasons for panicking disappeared. :)

And since we now have the "experiment" board, there seems to be no reason for Ro to keep those emergency admin powers. :) So, with her permission, I will remove them (being careful not to screw her permissions up like I did to Din's :oops: ).

All clear? If not, post or PM me! :)

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:21 am

:Q
SHE JUST TRIED TO BAN ME!!!!

I couldn't do anything...couldn't reply because I wasn't 'special' enough...couldn't see forums...

POWER TRIP!!!!

;)

Thanks, Ber. :P

[ img ]

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:28 am
Milk and kisses

:P

Just out of curiosity, what sort of message did you get?

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:35 am

"Only users with special permissions can post to this forum."

And then when I refreshed the whole forum, I couldn't see the threads. When I tried to open a thread from a window I had open earlier, it said "The topic does not exist"

[ img ]

Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:37 am
Milk and kisses

Yikes... scary :Q

All is well now, I hope?

Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:41 am

Obviously.;)
You think I'd let you have a moment's peace if it weren't?

[ img ]

Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:43 am
Milk and kisses

No, but maybe I'd deleted your PM permissions too... accidentally :devil:

;)

Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 11:56 am

I will remind you that I have your address.

[ img ]

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 12:21 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Thanks for sorting that out Berhael and Rodia. And no, you were not wrong in any way Ber, it's me who thought wrong :bang: re the 'emergency' replacement. (Will amend first post here asap)

Sorry Estel, no ill-will intended at all, be reassured.

The voting will continue to run till the 14th, at which point the highest nominee will 'officially' take over from Eru. If Eru thinks that it would be better for her to keep her Admin title for an extra week after that (to facilittate the hand-over period) then I don't see why not.
So far, as much as I'm aware, on the hand-over day, e.g. Din or I left our Admin status behind but were always available on PM or email should questions crop up.

Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 3:05 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Oh goodness, I know no ill will was meant! :hug:

I had just started thinking that I must be really really dumb, :LMAO: Here I was, all thinking I could help Eru out (you sounded so sad last night hon :hug: ) and I couldn't do a damn thing.

Then I checked the dates on the voting thread and realized that I wasn't supposed to be able to do a damn thing - but Alandriels post said I could. but but but but, :poke: :horse: .

I think the real problem was, I didn't have a single bit of chocolate yesterday. :Q You realize what that does to my brain power?
Chocolate to my brain is like spinach to Popeye - cept, Spinach makes Popeye stronger than the average man - chocolate to my brain makes me about on the same level as the average man. Without it, I'm Forrest Gump..... but, you know, without the box of chocolates :damnfunny

Thanks for sorting everthing out :cheers

Now, chocolate for breakfast seems the only way to go :Duck:

Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 3:13 pm
Milk and kisses

Toast with chocolate (and hazelnut if possible) spread is THE way to go about breakfast.

Go you. :mrgreen:

Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 3:19 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

mmmmmmmm, Nutella :drool:

Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 3:24 pm

Mmm pistachio cocoa.

[ img ]

Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 3:27 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Mmm a cigarette.

[ img ]

Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 4:05 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

Alassante_Estel wrote:

I think the real problem was, I didn't have a single bit of chocolate yesterday. :Q You realize what that does to my brain power?
Chocolate to my brain is like spinach to Popeye - cept, Spinach makes Popeye stronger than the average man - chocolate to my brain makes me about on the same level as the average man. Without it, I'm Forrest Gump..... but, you know, without the box of chocolates :damnfunny
Stupid is as stupid does.

Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get.

Anyway, like I was sayin', chocolate is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, chocolate-kabobs, chocolate creole, chocolate gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple chocolate, lemon chocolate, coconut chocolate, pepper chocolate, chocolate soup, chocolate stew, chocolate salad, chocolate and potatoes, chocolate burger, chocolate sandwich….

[ img ]

gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 5:04 pm
The easily amuse-OH SHINY!

will someone pleeeaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeee take my job... seriously!... I give it up free of charge.. I cant bare to work for that slave driver Steve any longer....

PLEASE someone take my place...

ok that was fun, but seriously. I here by hand over my reigns to someone who will actually have the time to use them and help the board out. :)

Things and stuff.

Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 7:19 pm
Milk and kisses

"Post: Admin, 1.
Salary: zilch, but Lidless throws us bones when we do his bidding."

*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 7:21 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Hmmm.. I guess that's a nudge then to get things on the road for ya Gimli :scratch

I'll open a replacement vote thread for you. But without a poll yet (for first we need to be sure just who takes over from Eru and that will be decided on the 14th. But maybe seeing the thread up will make you feel better (and just maybe one of the many nice gentlemen on this board might yet volunteer :halo:)

[edit] Gimli's to be voting thread
:mrgreen:

Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 1:29 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Sure I'll give you a bone anytime Berhael.

*and is now happy all the admins will be women. With Gimli, it's been a pain in the arse.*

*and is even happier that it looks like the next admin will be Estel*

She's used to taking orders from me.

[ img ]

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 5 of 8  [ 141 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 7 8 »
Jump to: