You. Can. Do. It.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 13 May , 2006 2:33 am
pixel-pusher

What Cem said :cheers:

5 more today. Fewer bugs, so that was a good thing. :)

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 13 May , 2006 2:02 pm
TTBK's cemmie

Do you eat the bugs?

Or just wipe them off your face?

:D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 13 May , 2006 7:25 pm
pixel-pusher

I only eat the ones that fly into my mouth. :Wooper:

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 13 May , 2006 7:47 pm
TTBK's cemmie

*hee hee*

Extra protein, me thinks.

ETA: Like your rank. That's a cool song. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 13 May , 2006 11:06 pm
pixel-pusher

Love that song! And that line in particular. :D

Extra protein indeed. Good stuff. :help:

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 13 May , 2006 11:57 pm
TTBK's cemmie

I don't know when I'll get back to walking... puppies. :roll:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 May , 2006 6:32 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Thank you for the support guys. :) I'm just being down on myself lately. The Gathering is approaching so quickly and I wanted to lose weight for the last one, so I feel like kicking myself. Will have to settle for more disgusting moot pictures and hope the San Francisco ones in September turn out better.

On the plus side, this has been my best week since Christmas. Only 26 miles, but I'd previously been having 5 and 10-mile weeks, so it is an improvement. To compare, though: I've only gone 115 miles this year while in December alone, I put in 165. :neutral: Sigh, I really need to step it up. Also, it appears I did some math wrong, so I have to knock 11 miles off of my total. :( New total is 329.49 miles. I'll be re-adjusting it again, however, because I walked the dog to the gas station and back this afternoon but did not bring my pedometer as it needs new batteries. So once that is fixed and I can walk the same distance again, I'll see how far it is and add those numbers into the total. My dad said it's about 2 km, so I used that as a temporary estimate.

Happy trails, everyone. :hug:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 15 May , 2006 11:51 am
TTBK's cemmie

Add two more miles for me. I actually found time to walk over the weekend & also this morning! :)

*E*, looking good, imo, is a state of mind. You need to keep walking/cycling & get it into your head that you are working your way to a healthier you! When you get to the gathering you may not have lost 50 lbs, but inside you will know you are heading that way & your outside will glow as a result!

I speak from personal experience. My medicine screwed me up & I ended up gaining back all the weight that I had lost since last October. By the time I was on good medicine it was time to moot in Scotland. I didn't have the option of dropping those 25 lbs so I went with them, but felt happier & healthier knowing that I had at least been working on it! I think that in the pictures you can tell, at least I can!

I've had a couple of friends who knew me from "before" and they've both said that they can tell a difference in my pictures. I may not have lost a ton of weight yet, but my attitude sure has helped make a difference!

Find your motivation... make a doable goal... and get going! :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 19 May , 2006 2:16 pm
TTBK's cemmie

:poke: :poke: :poke:

Wake up, peoples!! :D

I walked a whole whoppin' mile this week, after my last post. I shall blame my job and my sleep schedule... but it's really just an excuse because I feel bad.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 May , 2006 3:45 pm
TTBK's cemmie

2 more for me!

I noticed today, during our walk, that Miles is actually slightly larger than Duke. I always thought they were the same size. Really rocked my world!

;)

I also started seriously doing yoga again. My legs ache, but in SUCH a good way! I forgot how much I love doing this! :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 May , 2006 5:08 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

But Miles is wee!!

I simply don't believe that. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 May , 2006 6:41 pm
TTBK's cemmie

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
But Miles is wee!!

I simply don't believe that. :P
He was when he was a puppy:

[ img ]

But now that he's grown up:

[ img ]

My baby is all growed up!!!! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

ETA: I'm adding this pic because it's just too damn cute:

[ img ]

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 May , 2006 6:57 pm

I always looked at Duke as one of those dogs who comes up to your knee or something, but I suppose he really is small. That is still pretty wild. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 May , 2006 8:00 pm
TTBK's cemmie

He's only ever so slightly bigger than Duke! :P

They both are almost knee high. When I'm sitting at the computer they like to stick their heads in my lap for attention. :D

So cute! :love:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 May , 2006 9:28 pm

I always pictured Miles as teeny tiny, like a lap dog or something. It'll be very interesting when I meet him some day. :D

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 May , 2006 9:35 pm
TTBK's cemmie

Yeah, especially since he thinks he's a lap dog, but he's not teeny tiny!!

:LMAO:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jonny
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 24 May , 2006 2:39 am
pixel-pusher

Due to various personal things (upheavals? Apocalypses? ;) ) I haven't been on the road much lately... however that'll soon change. Plan to take off of work and internet to do some camping and more serious biking than I have been doing. But you can be sure I'll be counting every darn mile to be added to the total. :cheers:

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 24 May , 2006 7:40 pm
TTBK's cemmie

I saw your Xanga post about that, Jonny. Sounds like you deserve it! :D

Take me! Take me!! ;)

I wish you well! Happy trails! :cheers:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 30 May , 2006 7:56 pm

I hope the biking and camping is going well, Jonny!

I'm up to 334 miles, but lately I've only been doing a fifth of a mile each day to get the mail. :oops: Lost interest in the computer thanks in part to being banned from a messageboard I used to read while on the exercise bike, so a little motivation is gone there. I just need a change of scenery, so I'm going to try biking in the living room with the bay window again, and possibly outside by the pool on nice days like this. I just don't like being on display when exercising, is all. The pool is all fenced up, but I'm sure the sound of me on a bike will rock the deck and make people think there's an earthquake or something. We shall see.

Happy trails to the rest of y'all.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 36 of 39  [ 775 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 134 35 36 37 38 39 »
Jump to: