board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

ROTK EE Discussion Thread (complete with spoilers)

Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 45 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
Aglanor
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 02 Jan , 2005 1:19 am
Morituri Nolumus Mori

I'm a revisionist all the way, and still think that RotK is the least of the three. I like the TTT EE best. I'ev got a thang for Rohan, I think. Anyway, I liked the Saruman part and thought it was very well done. The City of the Dead additions were a little too long, and I found them unneccesary. Same goes for a few other scenes. Still, it's one hell of a movie...;)

"The moon reflects in her eyes,
And tears fall down like stars.
Her gentle kiss goodnight;
Her dagger stuck in my heart.
My love broken and betrayed
And my eyes are closed tight,
As death now does us part."

A Rune engraved on my heart...

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 02 Jan , 2005 12:38 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

Well i saw the EE again yesterday and will watch it again next week (LOTR Marathon , i am corrupting friends muahaha) I love this part best of all the others.

anyway the extended and new scenes:
I loved the scene with Saruman mainly because of the fantastic Tolkien moment Theoden has when he has his speach on "we shall have peace" very well done.

The best addition is for me the scene in which Eomer finds his fallen sister. His roar his sadness!!! Even tough soldiers have hearts ;) perfect such a shame they didn’t leave that into the theatrical version (mind you might be best since I was already making too much noice crying :P )

Mouth of Sauron was great to see. So glad to finally see that hideous mouth and his fake politness.

The Eowyn and Faramir scenes. Just glad they put that in although he moves somewhat fast ;) the first glance is stunning though.

The scene I did not like was the one in which aragorn yells “what say you” to the Dead. It takes away the tension of whether they’ll show up or not. Wasn’t that impressed with the boarding of Corsair ships either.

I have a question by the way that’s bothering me. After Aragorn has looked into the Palantir you see the pendant fall and break. In the next scene you see him riding to the Black gate without pendant but in the next shot he’s wearing it again. what’s up with that? did it break like his dream predicted or did it not? If not that why did you see it break on the floor in Gondor?

Help confused me.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 03 Jan , 2005 3:59 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

I need to read the book again.

I finally sat through the EE yesterday afternoon. I only dozed a little. Overall, it was an improvment on the theatrical edition (thank Eru). Especially the extended scene with Saruman, in which things finally made some sort of sense, and the encounter with the Mouth of Sauron.

However for me it remains the weakest and most disappointing of the three films; possibly because it's also my favourite part of the book. All it leaves me with, sadly, is a desire to return to the Tolkien fold and slam the door on the PJ heresy for a few years.

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 04 Jan , 2005 5:11 pm
That Weird American

I'll echo that, Leoba! Vana and I went through all three EE's in four days...and we spent quite a lot of the time with our noses buried in the books...I, for example, looked up the actual description of the Ents. And I'm Still, despite the fact that people keep saying Tolkien didn't mean for the book to be connected to the rest of his work, viewing The Hobbit as a significant source of information, particularly on elves. I'm becoming more and more a book person...particularly after the great disappointment of the RotK EE.

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
democritus
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 18 Feb , 2005 3:31 pm

I love many parts of it, hate quite a bit of it, indifferent on only a little bit

My favourite extra so far was the segment on the horses and the horseriders... my respect for Viggo Mortensen actually managed to increase after seeing this doco... what a man!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 3  [ 45 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: