board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Eowyn's Dream

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
PrincessOfIthilien
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 16 Aug , 2005 6:19 pm

I loathe Eowyn's dream. I would remove it from my dvd if I could. I refuse to watch it and I fast forward it. I don't care about the sentiments so eloquently expressed by Voronwe. Eowyn never had a dream and it was just another short-changing to Faramir's importance in the trilogy.

And why was Eowyn sleeping in the throne room anyway?

Profile Quote
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 18 Aug , 2005 4:17 am
Another bright red day

I should have read this thread more closely and waited till I was more awake to reply. For that, my apologies.

[quote"Voronwe"]Eowyn's dream is all about her relationship with Aragorn, not her relationship with Faramir.[/quote]

I think you're right about that. That's one of my problems with it. It shouldn't be about Éowyn's relationship with Aragorn. There is FAR too much of that in the movies. In some ways in the book, this is what brings them together. They both stand on the brink of darkness. Faramir is about to be overtaken by the great wave, and Éowyn is on the brink of an abyss. However, even more than that, this is Faramir's dream. It was Tolkien's own dream. Thus, it was very personal to him. He didn't just randomly assign it to Faramir. He had reasons, and those should have been respected. Quite frankly, I would rather they had left it out.

Just for the record, I do think that as a scene, it's very well done. As adaption, I can't stand it.

I'll come up with a more coherent arguement tomorrow. ;)

[/quote]

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: