board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Collecting Toys

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject: Collecting Toys
Posted: Fri 02 Sep , 2005 9:47 pm
Insolent Pup

I have recently decided I would collect something. I used to have a whole bunch of these toys called Battle Beasts. They were linked to the Transformers somehow. I'm not entirely sure, but what I do know is that they were awesome. They were these little animals that wore armor and had factions and you'd fight the different factions. They also had interesting names like Cutthroat Cuttlefish or Ferocious Cat. I have only 3 left and decided I would search out ebay and the internet for more.

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/battlebe ... easts.html

^ This is what they look like for those who might be thinking :scratch: .

I got 1 from ebay so far. I've lost a whole bunch of bids because A) I don't want to be spending 30 bucks per little toy, that is just ridiculous and B) I don't have much extra cash right now.

Anyone else collect toys?

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 03 Sep , 2005 3:35 pm

TED
pick up a book called EBAY FOR DUMMIES. There are lots of good tips on how to get the best deals and save money still getting what you want. Just knowing when an item comes final - day or night - can often save you dollars. There is also something called a sniper - a service which gives you a big advantage in bidding and winning. Send me a PM and I will tell you how to get it.

I do collect toys that are from LOTR. I have a complete set of both the Toy Biz toys and the Play Along Armies of Middle Earth. I am currently building a Helms Deep diorama which will be eight feet by five feet and have over 600 AOME figures. Everything will be there - the entire keep, the Deeping Wall, the full causeway, the Hornburg tower, the mountains, everything.

There are chat sites for nearly everything and if you can get plugged into the one for your own toys it will help you greatly. You get the best deals from fellow collectors and not commercial dealers who only want to make a profit.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 04 Sep , 2005 3:09 pm
of Vinyamar

I want pics. You hear me SF?

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: