board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Gobbledegook (aka - calling Ze Tshermans)

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Can you understand a word Leoba says?
yes - 100% of the time

33% [ 3 ]
about half of her babble is intelligible

33% [ 3 ]
she and Din together might as well be talking double-dutch

11% [ 1 ]
I rely on body language

22% [ 2 ]
Total votes: 9
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 28 Dec , 2004 9:35 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

I think you might be right there Leoba that piccie was taken by the then 5 year old .... before she really got the 'hang of' taking pics - which then resulted in many interesting stufies of blurry table legs, floors and occasionally the wiff of somebody's hair ... :LMAO:

Maybe we should choose a hot-chocolate session at Valerie's :love: over a pub-lunch next time :wink: ... that should 'slow' you down
:mrgreen:

Profile Quote
Breogán
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 28 Dec , 2004 3:02 pm

When I first met her I noticed Leoba was a fast-talker, but not that fast, but then... Spaniards talk really fast, maybe that's why I didn't have any problem (sober, drunk doesn't count :wink:) to understand what she was saying...

Get him bathed and send him to my tent!...
[ img ]

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 30 Dec , 2004 7:48 pm
WYSIWYG

Yes, I seem to remember that got mentioned, sorry Leoba! :)

I had some trouble deciding between options 2 to 4 ( ;) ), but finally went for number 2. I understand about half of what you say, if I concentrate really hard.
It's not the speed alone, but the speed combined with leaving out parts of words and sentences and a little bit of some accent that I can't place.
I guess that's because I don't get much opportunity to listen to naturally spoken English, there are a great many people I have trouble understanding at moots. :(
If people don't say anything, I guess they just don't want to appear stupid - I remember when I was at your place, going "sorry?" each couple of minutes, and feeling stupid enough about that. :oops:
It's really sweet of you to offer to speak more articulately, thanks! :)

We need more moots, so us forriners get more practice! :mrgreen:

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: