board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year B77 - what did you do?

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 40 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 28 Dec , 2004 4:37 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

I'm late as well, but I have no excuses. We got snow, but it was two days before Christmas and it wasn't that much at all...and I have internet access. I just haven't felt like getting on the comp all that much lately.

So belated happy holidays to all! :mrgreen:

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 28 Dec , 2004 10:16 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

It's never too late - besides, it shows that you're enjoying the holidays as it should be (not chained to a keyboard :mrgreen: )

Title ammended... slightly - just in case you want to share :wink: (and I'm sooooo looking forward to supposedly around 5Jan when those poor green smileys will recover again)

Am off to brew some candles in my witches-kitchen, with help from a little balrog. You think warning the Fire Brigade might be a good thing to do?

:mrgreen:

Profile Quote
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 28 Dec , 2004 11:17 am
Gloriosus

Ah, I've been just so laaazy. I've got the nicest in-laws possible, and spent hours on end eating and playing and just sitting around beaming at each other.

Today I'm back in the office, and it's snowing. I rather had that two days earlier.

– – –

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 29 Dec , 2004 2:17 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

It's interesting that you called it your witches-kitchen. Iavas got me a cook book that's called Witch in the Kitchen. I've been wanting a cookbook and he thought it was a clever title (seeing as I like things like Harry Potter) and the book looks pretty neat. :)

As for Christmas, we went to some relatives' house. Iavas got to talk to his family that morning. I felt bad that he wasn't able to spend it with them because they are some of the nicest and most fun people I've met. I'm lucky that I have such wonderful inlaws.

First we went to my parents' house to open gifts and we took our kittens along with us. Then we headed to the next house. I tried to give Iavas a little taste of home by getting some crackers. My relatives realy enjoyed them (it's not something we do in the States at all). Normally my family would just sit around talking, but Iavas is used to playing Scrabble and other sorts of games with his family so we brought games with us. It was a big hit. My family really liked it and I think it was one of the more fun Christmases...and it helped Iavas as well. :)

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 29 Dec , 2004 1:08 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

hm christmas day was spend eating as much as possible with family at my place. gifts exchanged so that was fun ;)

Second christmas day was spend at my grandmothers who had orered the best of the best salades. *drool* absolutely delicious! we saw our other half of the family again which was nice se we don't see them alot due to family quarels.

and well this is pretty much an extend of christmas i am celebrating with Ag's family. ;)

so basically it was all eat and laughter. good christmas :mrgreen:

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 29 Dec , 2004 1:11 pm
Tricksy Elf!

Went to Somerset and had christmas with the family Leoba, which was loverly. Got spoilt, over fed, and din't have to cook again until last night, or do washing up.

It was really nice.

Back in work though so I am a very very grumpy elf indeed. Only three days, but wish I was snuggeled up with my beloved.

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 29 Dec , 2004 1:34 pm

Din...that sounds too mushy to be you. :Q

Okay, here's my cue.... 'AT LEAST YOU GOT TO SNUGGLE WITH YOUR BELOVED!!!'

*grumble*

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Griffon64
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 29 Dec , 2004 1:48 pm
Garrulous Griffon

*grumbles too* ;)

Oh, this was meant to be a FESTIVE thread? :P

moment's hurt may harm or scar
but not inert nor beaten are
those who look and see afar
the healing hand of morning's star.

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 29 Dec , 2004 1:50 pm
Tricksy Elf!

Yeh but knowing that my beloved is wandering round Westminster, within half a mile of me, and I am stuck behind this *stupid* pc, and she is out in the cold, showing her sister and sisters boyfriend around London whilst I am stuck in this *stupid* office.... :cry:

I know, I do feel sorry for you Ro, I mean that long without the thonged one :grouphug: .I am just feeling mushy (and the first person to say 'you can get pills for that' gets a very nasty surprise :P ).

Poor Gimli too. Still think of it like this, it may ba months without Rodia, but on the plus side, it' months without Rodia :LMAO:

Runs, hides, hopes for sympathy

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 29 Dec , 2004 2:11 pm

:P

I was only teasing, I don't grudge anyone mushiness or grouchy days. It's not like I'm crying all the time either lol.:P

Months without Ro will do him good. I got an action figure from my sister as a substitute. :neutral:

*throws 16 tons of sympathy at Dindraug*

[ img ]

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 30 Dec , 2004 8:52 am
Tricksy Elf!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww RO :grouphug:

I am looking forward to when you two spammers get together and start making spam fritters.... :Q

Thanks for the sympathy. Much appreciated ;) I am still in work, and Helen is still at home, and we have another day of this tommorow. I am being sappy :oops:

*bah humbug*

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 30 Dec , 2004 9:52 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

awhhh..... :hug: for Dindraug. It is nasty when they make you go to the office the few days before New Year. And tomorrow too? po'ed Slave-drivers!

I pretty much spent the X-mas days with family and that includes Grandparents that live upstairs. Yo had a blast distributing the pressies and then opening most of them herself :mrgreen: Food-wise we took it easy - somehow I can't quite cope anymore with all the 'heavy' fare (that is, except for a little bit of fois-gras which I just could not resist :mrgreen: ). The best so far though was yesterday - going to see the musical Mary Popins. It was ..... supercalifragilisticexpialidocious !! :mrgreen: Still have the songs running around in my brain :roll: :mrgreen:

New Years will most probably be fairly quiet. I somehow don't fancy going out in the crowds at night and as far as I know there's no 'major' fireworks planned anyways. The few that will be, we better see from our grandparents rooftop flat :mrgreen:

Cheerleader have fun! those of you that are going a-partying! :mrgreen:

Profile Quote
Griffon64
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 30 Dec , 2004 10:14 am
Garrulous Griffon

I FORGOT tomorrow was "Oujaarsdag" - I'm actually supposed to be at a party, somewhere, BUT ... I work :( Like I worked Christmas, Christmas Eve, and this whole week.

Bah, sez I to that.

moment's hurt may harm or scar
but not inert nor beaten are
those who look and see afar
the healing hand of morning's star.

Profile Quote
truehobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 30 Dec , 2004 6:13 pm
WYSIWYG

Rodia wrote:
My grandma got me a revealing silk nightdress and said it was for when I go to California.

:Q

I am not sure what to think of this.
I think your grandma r0x0rs! :mrgreen:

Had a lovely Christmas, too, nice and quiet, with my parents. I'm still at their place in fact, staying here till after New Year.
Here, all the big things happen on Christmas Eve - we sang carols, opened the presents, had a lovely supper (fondue - not sure if that's the same word in English) and then went to late night mass.
On Christmas Day we had rabbit, filled with minced meat, and in a lovely herb sauce for lunch - so you could say we had "herbs and stewed rabbit". :mrgreen:

Oh, and I got the EE for Christmas, and we watched it together on the second day of Christmas - we all loved it! :)

From our key principles:

We listen to one another, make good-faith efforts to understand one another, and we treat one another respectfully at all times.

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 31 Dec , 2004 8:37 am
Tricksy Elf!

Rodia wrote:
*bounce bounce bounce*

I just opened my presents!

My sister got me a Deluxe Poseable Gimli Action Figure.
My grandma got me a revealing silk nightdress and said it was for when I go to California.

:Q

I am not sure what to think of this.
Is it for you or Gimli?

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 31 Dec , 2004 10:17 am

It can be used to hang you upside down from the window, DIn.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 31 Dec , 2004 11:29 am
citoyenne du monde

Well looks i'm late also but then I had no internet during Xmas time ;).

Actually we had Xmas party with my mom's family on Thursday (23rd I think) ; big party, big meal, lots of fun :D :D...

Saturday was with my grand mother; not so much fun, feeling the absence of my grand father... I'll be glad tonight when 2004 is over; shitty year... but for the moots ;).

Thanks for being here and

Happy New Year

(might be here online tonight, not sure)

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 31 Dec , 2004 3:25 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

We might also peek online later. But Happy New Year (in advance) in case we miss it!
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

My sister and her boyfriend departed earlier this afternoon to return to Somerset. And, much as I adore their company (a good thing since we've spent about 7 days together out of the past 8) it's a rather pleasant prospect to have no plans for tonight, except to snuggle up with the flat to ourselves and see if we can face more alcohol (champagne is chilling as I type). Maybe we'll even get to watch the EE!

And Din should be on his way home by now, for three days off, so he can stop grumbling. :LMAO:

Last edited by Leoba on Fri 31 Dec , 2004 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 31 Dec , 2004 3:33 pm

Happy New Year to all of you. May it be a good one. :mrgreen:

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 31 Dec , 2004 3:41 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Happy New Year

I should not be here, but felt like needing some company....

I hope to share many other new years with all of you.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 40 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: