board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Soccer, Football, Whatever you call it in your home!

Post Reply   Page 12 of 15  [ 297 posts ]
Jump to page « 110 11 12 13 14 15 »
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 04 Jul , 2006 10:41 pm
Wembley bound

Well done Italy. Brilliant match, though there was a period of some 20 miuntes where it appeared nothing was going to happen.
Quote:
Er I hate to say TWT, but the red card was very well deserved on Rooney...He planted his foot in someone's crotch...that hurts...and he did it right under the very nose of the ref. stupid thing to do if you want to hut someone do not do in in sigh of the ref...obviously
Fuck fuck fuck NO! The guy slid under him as he was getting up. And what was with the two Portugese players grabbing and kicking lone Rooney as he fought to keep possetion? Like there weren't about 5 fouls there?! Not only was the call not deserved but England at least should have gotten a free kick out of it. All of us down at Scallywags were cheering when play stopped because Rooney did such a fine job and we thought a Portugese player was getting a card. That was a fucking disgrace.

And I found this comment on a topic today where someone claimed Baseball possessed the same pace as football. HA!
Quote:
Soccer's pace is not much quicker than baseball - are you totally stunned? It is a 1000 times faster and the players don't sit on a bench for an hour scratching their balls like the over paid baseball steroid monkeys, come on the two sports can not even be compared. Try playing a game of each sport and see which one leaves you wiped out and satisfied and which one leaves you cleaning the chew off your cheek after 4 hours of boredom and nut clutching.
I'm sorry. I too am a baseball fan but comparing it to football is utter madness!

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 7:59 am
Per aspera ad astra

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
The OG Borry
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 8:19 am
The best things in life are not things

Location: here....<_< yeah here thats Ceres, CA for you stalkers

Poor Lehman, no support at all in the last minutes I feel bad for 'im. If Ive ever seen a tired team it was Germany in that match, nothing comes close to comparing there.
Borry

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 9:06 am
I can't count but I'm cute

TWT wrote:
And what was with the two Portugese players grabbing and kicking lone Rooney as he fought to keep possetion? Like there weren't about 5 fouls there?!
Of course there were fouls there. Not saying there werent. The ref just chose to whistle for something more painful. It looked deleberate from my point of view.

I am no fan of the Portugese myself :P obviously I am not gonna defend them.

You said there should have been more cards in our match against Portugal I say we had more then we should have gotten and we wouldn't have gotten half of them had we had a different referee.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Kaya
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 1:29 pm

Jaeniver wrote:
Had fun watching the game with Kaya :D i think our commets were better then the officials.

Wow, what a game! those were some last minutes!

My respects to Lehmann. he did well
You betcha that was fun!! :D :D Another 'meeting' for next game? :cheerleader: Could get interesting, since Portugal will be playing. :blackeye:

What a game indeed!!! Can't say the Italians weren't the better team yesterday, but still I would have prefered to see Germany go to the finals.

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 1:40 pm
Wembley bound

Jaeniver wrote:
TWT wrote:
And what was with the two Portugese players grabbing and kicking lone Rooney as he fought to keep possetion? Like there weren't about 5 fouls there?!
Of course there were fouls there. Not saying there werent. The ref just chose to whistle for something more painful. It looked deleberate from my point of view.

I am no fan of the Portugese myself :P obviously I am not gonna defend them.

You said there should have been more cards in our match against Portugal I say we had more then we should have gotten and we wouldn't have gotten half of them had we had a different referee.
Sorry. I'm still a little emotional about that match. And I forgot to add that the call wasn't for the alleged 'groin-stomping'. The ref was standing there with his arm out pointing to which side he was awarding the free kick. Then when Shitface Ronaldo came over to argue with the ref (I'm presuming he lied about something) and Rooney didn't like it and pushed him (they were team mates after all). Only THEN did the ref pull the red card. It makes it really bitter for England fans because Figo headbutts a guy and gets a yellow, Rooney gives a team mate a little shove and gets ejected.

Profile Quote
Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 3:27 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

I feel bad for Germany, but that last couple minutes of play by Italy really were stunning.

Nin :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope the move is going smoothly and you're finally getting some relief :hug: :hug: :hug:

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 3:36 pm

TWT wrote:
Sorry. I'm still a little emotional about that match. And I forgot to add that the call wasn't for the alleged 'groin-stomping'. The ref was standing there with his arm out pointing to which side he was awarding the free kick. Then when Shitface Ronaldo came over to argue with the ref (I'm presuming he lied about something) and Rooney didn't like it and pushed him (they were team mates after all). Only THEN did the ref pull the red card. It makes it really bitter for England fans because Figo headbutts a guy and gets a yellow, Rooney gives a team mate a little shove and gets ejected.
Actually, the ref has said that the red card was for the 'groin-stomping', not the shove.

*More :bawl: for Germany*

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 4:03 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

A player gets a red card for kicking a ball?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 4:17 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Well, one could say he spiked a ball, which should only be done in volleyball. He was playing the wrong sport, you see :P

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 4:23 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

I don't even want anyone to start using the term dribbling.

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 4:29 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

:D :devil:

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 4:40 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Well he scored. He scored the other players inner thigh. But I guess it was offside. I bet after that he didn't try and make a pass though.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 8:38 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

TWT wrote:
Sorry. I'm still a little emotional about that match.
Hey you're talking to a Dutchie who has seen unfair cards been given to her country's team. you and me both are emotional about Portugal ;)

so go France :D Zidane of course scores again.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 05 Jul , 2006 9:15 pm

Great penalty by Zidane. Simple, deadly and beautiful.

Now if France can kick some Italian butt in the finale...

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 06 Jul , 2006 4:26 pm
of Vinyamar

Dreadful game though. I hope France go into Sundays match with a better attitude. The Italians will waltz through them if they play like they did last night!

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 06 Jul , 2006 4:47 pm

Hm. Horacio Elizondo, the ref who gave Rooney his red card, has been picked for the finale.

Good or bad choice?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 07 Jul , 2006 2:39 am
Wembley bound

Well fuck me backwards and paint me blue! Bad choice. ;)

I don't care what the ref said he was calling, he motioned for a free kick and didn't reach for a card until Rooney pushed Ronaldo. I don't think there's any way he even saw the groin contact.

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 09 Jul , 2006 8:31 pm

Ah! Agh! Gah!

Zidane out with a red card! Penalty shoot out!

*Hides*

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 09 Jul , 2006 8:46 pm

Stupid, stupid Italians...

:rage:

:(

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 12 of 15  [ 297 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 110 11 12 13 14 15 »
Jump to: