Nostalgia and ecstasy

Post Reply   Page 3 of 7  [ 138 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 6:00 am
Let the dice fly.

*E* wrote:
You are both! Besides, I only use names like that with people I am certain will understand. Like when TheMary answers the phone at a moot with, "hi, slut" or something like that. We know. Also, when I was writing up Christmas cards, I only used the obscene cartoons with people I knew it would fly with. :P
Oh I know. I was quite flattered by the obscene cartoon, let me tell you. :D
*E* wrote:
Same here. I could try so much harder, it's just hard. I have to be in a certain headspace otherwise I just wait for people to IM me. Something to improve on, though.
Same here...hence the never talking, I guess. ;)
*E* wrote:
Oh wow! I thought I was always so dreary and hateful. Maybe I just use the right tone and you don't realize it.
Dreary and hateful....*E*....:suspicious: No, those two things definitely don't go together. At all. So that must be some tone you're using. :P
*E* wrote:
I was looking at/admiring yours the other day.
:Q I didn't know they were worth another look! I still can't believe it took you a few days to discover you even had that screencap. :damnfunny:
*E* wrote:
I'll have to try that again some day. Maybe when I have less scary abdominals and can show more than a boring ol' cleave shot.
Hey, if it were boring I wouldn't still be talking about it. :Wooper:

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
Amrunelen
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 6:02 am
wencherific

You are missing someone, though. Poor dutchy. First you talk about Elsha and I having to walk back to our hostel alone, now you exclude him from the people you're meeting this summer collage. :P

And Enchie...

[ img ]

"Morning has broken and I have felt a presence that disturbs
me with the joy of elevated thoughts; a sense sublime of
something far more deeply interfused, whose dwelling is the
light of setting suns, and the round ocean and the living air,
and the blue sky, and in the mind of man; a motion and a
spirit, that impels." -Wordsworth

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 8:07 am
Per aspera ad astra

*E* - I already wanted to post yesterday, but then I did not have the time to write what I really wanted... I am not even sure to have it now.

On TORC I hardly knew you. It was too bug, too huge, and I only remember a few sig-ics, vaguely. But here I came to "meet" you, read your posts and see you personnality shine through.

*E* - I told you on LJ the other day... I wish you could see what I can see in you: you are just wonderful. Your heart like gold shines through your posts and your IM messages and it is an honor to know you. You have so much potential! I love to read you sounding happy... because I feel so strongly that you deserve to be happy.

Oh shit, I don't know how to say it.

Just thanks for being you, *E*. Don't change, dare to be fully yourself!!!!!

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Impenitent
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 1:03 pm
Try to stay perky

Evenstar (I know it's *E*, but, you know, Evenstar says something about you; just think about it)...anyway, Evenstar, just a few, brief comments.

• I'm so happy to hear you have come to a place of contentment and happiness! :) It's always concerned me that you have seemed unable to find that peace in yourself when you are so very capable of spreading it amongst others. Your insightfulness, your capacity to just say it but keep bitterness and hurt out, to point out the hard stuff with compassion, is such a wonderful thing and it seemed like such a tragedy to me that a young woman of such depth and truth - like the evening star - could not see the light shining in herself.

• I had no idea it was your birthday recently! Happy birthday, belatedly. I hope you had a wonderful day, and I hope the year ahead treats you as you deserve. May you face challenges with the bravery within, and take joy in full measure in all you experience.

• I visit your Lj but I'm ashamed to say I never comment. I often feel like a thief in the night in acting this way but truly - sometimes I'm too overwhelmed to respond; and then also, we don't know each other well and I think it is presumption on my part to intrude into your space in that way.

I wish you well, Evenstar. May this be your first step forward towards claiming the happiness in life that you deserve.

"Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not;
and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad." ~Robert C. Savage

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 1:19 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Elian wrote:
I still can't believe it took you a few days to discover you even had that screencap. :damnfunny:
It was a reeeeeally dark monitor. :P And I was too lazy to open things up in ACDSee and mess around with settings to view them better. If I wasn't, I probably would have had a lot more moot pictures up by now. :uhoh: But with the lighter monitor, I see that there really isn't much work to do at all, unless I want to be anal and crop things a bit.

The New Year's pics have been up for a while, though. I forget if I announced that or not. Mine start here.
Amrunelen wrote:
You are missing someone, though. Poor dutchy. First you talk about Elsha and I having to walk back to our hostel alone, now you exclude him from the people you're meeting this summer collage. :P
:neutral: I didn't know what his plans were. Since the discussion was about Toronto safety, I figured I would bypass the whole "should the three of you be walking around downtown at that time of the night?" "actually, Ags won't be there, so its just us girls" "oh..... don't get raped then" conversation and just mention you and Elsha whom I knew would be at the picnic.

Didn't mean to forget him in the pic, though. He doesn't post much and slipped my memory.
Quote:
And Enchie...
Dammit.
Nin wrote:
*E* - I already wanted to post yesterday, but then I did not have the time to write what I really wanted...
That is the story of my life. Especially in recent months. I've been very fidgety and can't seem to focus on anything, so even when I want to post something thought-out and detailed, I just didn't have the energy or concentration to do it. With the Gathering coming up and my being in a good mood, I wanted to say these things that I'd been meaning to for ages before I got worn out from the trip or even worse: got the post-moot blues.

Though I won't have the time this week for LJ replies, I have every intention of doing those when I get back. Haven't forgotten the kind things people said there. Don't think I am ignoring you or anything. Was just having trouble writing things that took any effort at all, and I didn't want to be half-assed about it.
Quote:
Oh shit, I don't know how to say it.

Just thanks for being you, *E*. Don't change, dare to be fully yourself!!!!!
*sniffles* You've always been a shining sun on a cloudy day, Nin. :hug:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 1:33 pm
TTBK's cemmie

*E*... I thought your birthday wasn't until the 26th....

Am I wrong? :Q

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 4:16 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Nope! I was just writing my post while Impy did hers and wasn't able to correct that part until now. I was in town doing errands (wee!11 outside contact!) and getting my eyebrows done so that I didn't look so much like the chick from DODGEBALL.

[ img ]
Impenitent wrote:
Evenstar (I know it's *E*, but, you know, Evenstar says something about you; just think about it)...
I would have registered as Evenstar if it wasn't taken, and *E* was just a way to shorten what was there. But I like being associated with all forms and spellings of my name! It's like a sports number - you just become proud of wear it after a while, whatever it represents to you.
Quote:
• I had no idea it was your birthday recently! Happy birthday, belatedly. I hope you had a wonderful day, and I hope the year ahead treats you as you deserve. May you face challenges with the bravery within, and take joy in full measure in all you experience.
It is actually on Monday, but I won't be having a party nor asking for presents. All the things surrounding this trip could fill a lifetime's worth of birthday presents. Besides, the fact that it's all so expensive, yet my parents are helping me do it, says to me that the trust I will soon pay them back is enough of a gift.

I know it will be a great day, though. Road trips are a time of fun and peace for me. Only wish that my dog could have come along! Thank you for the well wishes. :thewave:
Quote:
• I visit your Lj but I'm ashamed to say I never comment. I often feel like a thief in the night in acting this way but truly - sometimes I'm too overwhelmed to respond; and then also, we don't know each other well and I think it is presumption on my part to intrude into your space in that way.
Don't even think about it! I have been neglecting the place lately (and with leaving comments for others), but once I get back, I will continue being proud of my writing, no matter how big an audience it gets. One thing that helped me on TORC was knowing that even if people weren't replying, they were out there reading it and possibly enjoying it or relating to it, and that is just fine for me. A quick hello now and then is a nice bonus though. :love: Between TORC, b77, ToB, HoF, and any weblogs at Xanga, LJ, MySpace, etc., I can totally deal with not always hearing from everybody. We have a lot of space to cover!

I know how you feel about being an intruder, though. I bookmarked a lot of sites over the years, most of which I was way too protective of my own site to dare draw any attention to it. But once I was able to open up at b77 and gradually change my writing style to try and leave most of the gossipy baggage at home, it was easier to give the link out occassionally. I don't advertise it, but it's there when folks are bored and feel like readin' it.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 4:23 pm
TTBK's cemmie

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
It is actually on Monday, but I won't be having a party nor asking for presents.
Just because you don't ask for gifts... doesn't mean you won't get any...

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 4:33 pm

Love the emoticons.

cem, you are a sneaky vixen. [ img ]

Stop it!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 4:35 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

*E* what screen caps do you have?! Am I picking my nose? Because that would be.....hilarious! :blackeye:

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 4:55 pm

Alas, no. But if you care to demonstrate, I can put that one up too!

There are only six images. I will go through them now. ;)

EDIT: link. You and S_O are one of the best teams evar. Not sure I've ever seen two peeps compliment each other so perfectly. Those group conversations were amazing!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 5:20 pm
TTBK's cemmie

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
Stop it!
Can't.

It's too late.

:D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 7:31 pm

If it doesn't get here before Monday, I will grab it the second I return home!!! :oops::bow::kiss:

Rune, I made the new sig pic and it looks so much better. :love: Thank you for reminding me.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 7:35 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Remind me, who's the sexeh chicka under Sunny?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 7:39 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

LOL *E* that last screen cap is way funny :LMAO:

I was thinking practically the same thing Liddy.

Lay down
Night is falling
Sleep now
They are calling

Why do you weep?
Soon you will see
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 7:47 pm

I've seen the face before, dammit.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 7:48 pm

It is Elsha! :clap: :clap: :clap:

TM, I think my college video title suggestion caused it. :funny: (EDIT: the look on your face, I mean. Not the funniness.)

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 7:57 pm

:Q

:Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q :Q

Woah.

And as for screencaps of TM...

[ img ]

I added a T.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 8:03 pm

The good 'ol days of web camming and chatting :LMAO:

Ooh that's the first time I've seen Elsha :love:

Lay down
Night is falling
Sleep now
They are calling

Why do you weep?
Soon you will see
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Jun , 2006 8:13 pm

Nice 'shop job. I wouldn't have guessed it was added, though it didn't look like what I remembered.

Would you like to try your hand at adding anything to my t-shirt?

[ img ]

It sort of covers everything, though.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 7  [ 138 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
Jump to: