Last.fm is the coolest website ever

Post Reply   Page 3 of 39  [ 772 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 539 »
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Sep , 2006 11:31 pm
Let the dice fly.

I just have to sw000000n for yov's taste in music. :D

I've heard of eight of them, know songs by 4, and own albums by 3.

Speaking of Sigur Ros, yov, have you fallen for Takk yet? I seem to recall you not being to crazy about it some time back...

On the other hand, I just...don't get Sufjan. He makes me laugh and he's cute as anything, but...I don't get it. I think there's something wrong with me.

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Sep , 2006 11:42 pm

Okay, I may have to ask Elian to marry me. Apologies to any prior comers but :bow: :love: mega-*sw00000n*
Elian wrote:
I just have to sw000000n for yov's taste in music. :D

I've heard of eight of them, know songs by 4, and own albums by 3.
:D You must list them for me!
Quote:
Speaking of Sigur Ros, yov, have you fallen for Takk yet? I seem to recall you not being to crazy about it some time back...
I have completely, totally, and massively fallen for Takk now! In fact, I was just listening to it today! :D It's almost certainly in my top 10-15 fav albums ever now. Did you see the Glossoli video? If not, go check out Wilma's music video thread. It's lovely!
Quote:
On the other hand, I just...don't get Sufjan. He makes me laugh and he's cute as anything, but...I don't get it. I think there's something wrong with me.
Yes, there is something wrong with you for not liking Sufjan. ;)
Seriously, though, when you say you "don't get Sufjan", does that mean he bugs you or just that you're indifferent? I can definately see the latter but would be surprised by the former!

One of last.fm's awesome features is that you can listen to "yovargas radoi" which has a playlist automatically matched to my tastes. As the site has gotten to know tastes better, I'm amazed at how much more I enjoy the station. El, since you seem to have some parallel tastes, may you'd enjoy my station. That would be awesome! :D

It's super-cool seeing everyone else's lists. Keep 'em coming!

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Sep , 2006 11:48 pm
Hasta la victoria, siempre

My list has gone weird... :Q
I'll leave my iTunes on shuffle until it fixes itself. :cool:

Queens of the Stone Age are awesome. I need to listen to more of their stuff. I heard that song on the station reccomended to Zutons fans. So I reccomend you The Zutons. :D

*~Pips~*

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Sep , 2006 11:51 pm
Milk and kisses

I love the Zutons. :D
And Pips, now that you're back and all, will you PM me your postal address, eh? ;)

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Sep , 2006 11:52 pm
Hasta la victoria, siempre

OH SHIT! :Q
I suck. ^^'

Will do Ber, will do. No frills. I kept putting it off because I wanted to thank you properly for being SO AWESOME leik WOAH. :help:

...Thanks. :Wooper:

*~Pips~*

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 07 Sep , 2006 11:53 pm
Let the dice fly.

yov wrote:
Okay, I may have to ask Elian to marry me. Apologies to any prior comers but :bow: :love: mega-*sw00000n*
:love: If only I had the proper equipment!!! ;) Good music taste is highly appealing, I'll admit.

I've heard of the first seven currently on your list, plus Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Hard to forget that name. :P

I've heard Sufjan's stuff (will get back to him in a bit), own all of Sigur Ros's albums, have Iron and Wine's Our Endless Numbered Days, and have Radiohead stuff.

Fabulous to hear Takk hit you! :D I'm currently obsessed with "Gong," but all of the album is fabulous. I'll have to go check out the video...I don't normally see any.
yov wrote:
Seriously, though, when you say you "don't get Sufjan", does that mean he bugs you or just that you're indifferent? I can definately see the latter but would be surprised by the former!
I mean that I've heard people raving about him for months on end now, and when I finally got a chance to listen to samples of his stuff, it just...wasn't what I expected at all, I guess. I didn't dislike it and wasn't put off from hearing more, but...I didn't understand what was so spectacular about it.

I've signed up on last.fm now, so I'll be checking the site out!

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 12:25 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

First of all deja vu, seriously we've had this conversation before.

I just bought Sufjan's Illinoise, it's groovey :love:

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 12:26 am
Grumpy cuz I can be

Quote:
Illinoise
:damnfunny: :damnfunny:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 12:35 am
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

That's what the CD is called, I know I know I want to yell at the CD cover the "s" is silent! :roll:

Lay down
Night is falling
Sleep now
They are calling

Why do you weep?
Soon you will see
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 12:39 am
b77 whipping boy

I think it's probably a play on "noise"

or is that just pointing out the obvious?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 12:41 am

Really, you think so ? :P

Lay down
Night is falling
Sleep now
They are calling

Why do you weep?
Soon you will see
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 12:52 am
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
Yov, I just joined and have no flippin' clue what I'm doing. I have to admit, what got me racing to sign up was seeing a long list of songs by my boyfriend Caleb Kane, but I thought I'd be able to access them. Apparently not! :bawl: Those are just what his other fans are listening to, right? I'll play around with it, of course, but really had my heart set on listening to more of the guy's songs because they are brilliant. How do you find songs that aren't already on your computer?
I second all of *E*'s questions, yov. This sounds interesting, but I don't have any songs on my computer except the RotK extended score and only sometimes pop into a CD. I use Pandora sometimes. So I'd like to hunt out new songs.

I'm fairly clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff. I don't download music (as I don't want to put up with ads, malware and other crap being put on my computer by Kazaa or any other place), I don't know how to make playlists with WMP...it's sad really.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 1:11 am

Erunáme wrote:
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
Yov, I just joined and have no flippin' clue what I'm doing. I have to admit, what got me racing to sign up was seeing a long list of songs by my boyfriend Caleb Kane, but I thought I'd be able to access them. Apparently not! :bawl: Those are just what his other fans are listening to, right? I'll play around with it, of course, but really had my heart set on listening to more of the guy's songs because they are brilliant. How do you find songs that aren't already on your computer?
I second all of *E*'s questions, yov. This sounds interesting, but I don't have any songs on my computer except the RotK extended score and only sometimes pop into a CD. I use Pandora sometimes. So I'd like to hunt out new songs.

I'm fairly clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff. I don't download music (as I don't want to put up with ads, malware and other crap being put on my computer by Kazaa or any other place), I don't know how to make playlists with WMP...it's sad really.
Well, the radio part works like a radio station, so it plays on its own. You don't get to make specific requests or anything. What you do is tell it "I like Caleb Kane. Play me the kind of music Caleb Kane fans are listening to." You can skip songs or ban songs or tell it you love a song and over time it'll get better and better at knowing what you specifically might like. This can be a really good way to find new music. So even if you don't personally have songs you play on your PC, it can still be cool to use. :)

eta: And they do play classical music, if anyone was wondering.

Oh, and the full title is "Come on Feel the Illionoise". How can you not love that? :D

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 1:28 am

It sounds a lot like Pandora, except they are kewl enough to do classical music.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 1:30 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Oh, okay! I was sort of thinking that, and then it would run out of music after a few tunes and I didn't know where to go next. ;)

But I did come across about a half dozen tunes that were quite good, and thusly downloaded them from my file-sharing program. I'll get the hang of it soon, was just totally lost the other night. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 1:50 am

If I ever find some songs I like, could I possibly bug you to download them for me *E*? I'm just really scared of filesharing programs...maybe irrationally, but scared nonetheless. :P

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 1:50 am

Erunáme wrote:
It sounds a lot like Pandora, except they are kewl enough to do classical music.
The radio portion is a lot like Pandora but I found this more reliably enjoyanle because it's based on what actual people really like listening, not the computer algorythm's idea's of styles and such. Plus I find last.fm's stats really fun. :)

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 2:01 am

But with Pandora, you say whether you like it or not and that's supposed to help streamline the stations.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 2:08 am

Same with last.fm. :)

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 08 Sep , 2006 2:15 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Of course, Eru. Any time.

I use 360Share and have had less problems with this program than all the Bear Shares, Napsters, and Kazaas my brothers ever downloaded, but I can't be sure what our new computer is fighting and what 360Share simply doesn't put on it. That is to say, perhaps there is some spyware that I don't know about because the comp has a good program to delete that sort of thing. But the main point is that I haven't had any problems, which is a nice change.

I've also gotten on YM to hit up Rune for all sorts of music. Cemthinae adds her favorites to the gallery section of The Outer Banks. It's fun getting tunes that way because at least the sources are reliable, as opposed to the strangers on any file-sharing program. But I definitely spend a lot of time on recommendations because I don't have many ideas myself, so if you know what you're looking for, file-sharing is the way to go. Let me know!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 39  [ 772 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 539 »
Jump to: