board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

The Perfume

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Nin
Post subject: The Perfume
Posted: Mon 18 Sep , 2006 7:21 pm
Per aspera ad astra

I read the book with two classes this year - it was a stunning reading experience for me when it came out, almost twenty years ago and I still love to reread it.

So of course, I will see the movie.

I know it's out in Germany. Anywhere else? Has anybody seen it? Has anybody enjoyed the book as much as me?

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Lhaewin
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 17 Oct , 2006 11:48 am

I read the book years ago, but I couldn´t remember much of it, when I saw the movie last weekend. My husband said that the film stuck to the book pretty well.

It was an entertaining movie, with some quite disgusting, but short scenes which were certainly meant to contribute to the atmosphere of Paris in the 18th century, which apparently wasn't a pleasant place to live, except for a few priviledged people. The costumes and the settings were very detailed and captivating.

The movie was well cast, especially Alan Rickman and Dustin Hoffman were excellent. Rickman was a bit Snape-ish sometimes, but that's maybe only me because I haven't yet seen many other movies with him.

That was definitely not one of those films which left a persistent impression with me, but certainly well worth seeing.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: