The Last Homely Site on the Web

Body image

Post Reply   Page 5 of 8  [ 147 posts ]
Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 7 8 »
Estel
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 1:30 am
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Since coming back to the states, I've gained quite a bit of weight. There was only one other time in my life when I weighed more than I do now.

But on days like today - I look hot. Those aren't rolls - they're curves, and damn do I look good. :D

Tomorrow? I might be an emotional wreck over how I look. Never really know how I'm going to feel about myself on a day to day basis. When I m00t, I always feel good about myself, simply because I'm around people who know me for me, not my body, and base what they feel about me on that.

In other words, I always look hot at a m00t ;) :roll: ;)

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 9:38 am
I can't count but I'm cute

:mrgreen: Este. Yes being around good people sure helps. i do get nervous when i have to go to clubs and such. just because i'm not that type and they seem to smell i'm not! :Q they sure always ignore my presence :P

Right now i feel like utter crap myself :P got a strange feeling i can't explain but i do know i'm avoiding all mirrors today. :roll: all the things i dislike about me are hitting me harder on days like this. Having PMS sure doesn't help :bawl: :rage: :mrgreen: <--- my mood swings the last two hours.

think i'll go crawl under a rock for the rest of the day.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Maeglin
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 10:50 am

Isn't this the thread where you compliment the woman? :cool:

Oh come on, i even bothered reading most of the complaints this morning, and I have met many of you people, and it is amazing what you all worry about :Q

You ladies deserve compliments without naming everything some magazines make you insecure about ;)

One thing I agree on though, if your in love, you take someone how she is, or how he is. Yet I think the appearence from your love is also something you fell in love with. :)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 1:36 pm
Milk and kisses

But it seems to be inbuilt in us, Maeg. *sad smile* I don't know why, but most women are insecure about their body image, and we have this amazing talent to find defects in ourselves. :neutral: I don't understand it, but I know it's there. Someone you love telling you that you're beautiful helps, but the insecurity is deep-rooted, and doesn't stem from reading magazines (they reinforce the insecurities, though).

Profile Quote
Maeglin
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 1:39 pm

I can understand that, I am far from secure too, and I am not even a woman ;)

But really it amazes me, i sometimes want to say "stand before the mirror and really look at yourself, if you see half of what i see it is still darn good". And that counts for so many in this thread. My love has the same insecurities, but I never tire of telling her the opposite :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 2:29 pm
Milk and kisses

That's good, Maeg, it really is the way to help with a woman's insecurities. :)

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 3:14 pm

Maeglin wrote:
One thing I agree on though, if your in love, you take someone how she is, or how he is. Yet I think the appearence from your love is also something you fell in love with. :)
well said :)

and yes i'll echoe what Ber said. it's not so much the image you see in magazines you want to look like. it's just the way you look at yourself.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Meneltarma
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 3:36 pm
Fading Softly

Having someone who thinks you're beautiful is a wonderful thing... I'm not sure how I would have managed without him the last couple of years. :)

I actually feel pretty today. It's an unusual feeling, but certainly a very nice one. :)

Profile Quote
Maeglin
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 4:03 pm

LOL well, tbh and trust me i truly am, I had not seen pictures of all of you but many seem to have pictures of themselves here...and i was like whoa :Q I am in good company ;)

Btw just out of curiousity, do you ladies sometimes KNOW you look pretty, yet say your not, just to hear something nice? ;)

*is about to reveal a huge female mystery* :mrgreen:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 4:31 pm

well not necessarily pretty. i do have days i can look in the mirror and think "yes i look nice today." but that's more to do with having a good day, nice clothes on and just feeling good.

i don't think i can ever say "man i look hot!" just not who i am.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 4:36 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Oh some days it's possibly to have a feeling really hot or gorgeous moment.:D:D Just as other days you can feel like the residue from the bottom of the chip pan. :P:bawl:

However I know if I was feeling fab I wouldn't be wasting time pretending I didn't, just to get compliments. I'd be wearing some of my tighter clothes and having a blast!

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 5:09 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

One wonders if, when women go out for the evening, the putting on of foundation, blusher, powder/bronzer, eye liner, mascara and lipstick (as well as carefully arranging the hair and putting on high-heeled shoes) - or a subset of these things, has something to do with it.

Women have been ingrained on a daily basis that they are not pretty au natural. Everything needs to be exaggerated and heightened.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Maeglin
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 5:23 pm

Well maybe very cliche, but I prefer natural woman any time above someone who decorates herself like a christmas tree :mrgreen:

ofc "some"makeup, or eyeliner i dont mind. Just all that powder, rouge or whatnot isn't showing the real woman underneath it.

but you might be right Lidless, could be insecurity a lot. They dont say for nothing "I make myself pretty when going to the bathroom" :mrgreen:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Meneltarma
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 5:41 pm
Fading Softly

Maeglin wrote:
Well maybe very cliche, but I prefer natural woman any time above someone who decorates herself like a christmas tree :mrgreen:
So you'd prefer a woman to have lots of body hair? ;)

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 5:48 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

There's nothing wrong with women having hairy legs. :suspicious:

It's under-arm hair that freaks me out. :P

And I really never have understood the hiding under make-up thing. I can't stand putting it on my face, aside from a little concealer or mascara.

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Maeglin
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 6:18 pm

Whoa, wait wait wait.!!!!

I talked only about make up!!! :LMAO:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 6:48 pm

i guess i'm one of those make up girls :oops: i just won't leave the house without some stuff on.

i don't have or use half the stuff Lidless describes but i have some foundation and blusher. just depens on the time i have. usually just eyeliner and some lip balm(that's because my lips hurt during the winter :P ) but i know i won't leave the house without something on. (unless i'm on holiday :roll:)

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 8:03 pm

Being an anti-make-up-activist (yeah, I use to blow up beauty stores and such...), I often tease and ask one of my friends about her make-up use. The last answer I got about why she was using make-up, was something like this:

"When I use make-up, I look more beautiful. Not because of the make-up, but because the make-up makes me feel good, and when I feel good, I look more beautiful."

But... :scratch

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Maeglin
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 8:41 pm

Ehm...

you blow things up??

:devil:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 20 Feb , 2005 8:43 pm

Me? No, no. I just burn fur shops and - ahm...

:halo:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 5 of 8  [ 147 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 7 8 »
Jump to: