board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Bleach Talk (MEMORIES OF NOBODY IS SUBBED!)

Post Reply   Page 51 of 54  [ 1074 posts ]
Jump to page « 149 50 51 52 53 54 »
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Feb , 2008 8:07 am

Double post because I have to say that 158 IS SO TOTALLY AWESOME.

Chad! Kicking butt! Oh my word it's so wonderful to see him fighting again. I love hand to hand combat SO much.

And then Nnoitora! Seriously, he's got to be repressing homosexual tendancies. How else do you explain the shoes? Seriously, the shoes.... :scarey:

I will admit this though...as much as I hate to.

Nnoit's voice is incredibly sexy. Maybe even sexier than Aizen's.

Also, I love Uryuu when he's pissed. :love:

How strange it is to be anything at all

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 19 Feb , 2008 1:48 am
Hasta la victoria, siempre

Nnoitora. Repressing? You have to be kidding me. :P

I was just wondering what the Japanese words for "grave" and "shrine" are. The official manga would have us believe several things about graves, but I'm not at all convinced that a dead shinigami leaves a body to bury.

*~Pips~*

Avatar is a male me, drawn by a very close friend. Just don't ask why.

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 19 Feb , 2008 3:19 am

I love Szayel very much.

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 19 Feb , 2008 5:24 pm
Everything Is Numb

Nah...I don't think Nnoit is repressing either. I think he is very much straight and also very much a sexist ass. XD XD XD

OMG! OMG! OMG! I think Ulquiorra pwning is upcoming in this week's episode. If it is and if they didn't fuck it up then I am SO coming here and SQUEEING!!! Like over and over til I hyperventilate. XD XD XD The anime will probably screw it up though, so I won't get the chance to wear out my squeer. ><

~Sid

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 8:25 pm
A song outlasts a dynasty.

Aha! I now have the manga up to vol 22, that's up to episode 198, so I now know who that is in Sids avi. He is one cool cat. He goes right on my top ten list.

Sleep is a death; Oh, make me try by sleeping what it is to die.

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 9:15 pm

Sid wrote:
OMG! OMG! OMG! I think Ulquiorra pwning is upcoming in this week's episode. If it is and if they didn't fuck it up then I am SO coming here and SQUEEING!!! Like over and over til I hyperventilate. XD XD XD The anime will probably screw it up though, so I won't get the chance to wear out my squeer. ><
Whose dang side are you on, woman? :help:

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Sidonzo
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 10:44 pm
Everything Is Numb

HaHa! Crucifer! Ulquiorra is like my number one obession. XD XD XD

Pips, isn't that obvious? XD XD XD

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 20 Feb , 2008 11:53 pm

I had one of the weirdest Bleach dreams ever last night.

And I completely blame Pips for it. :Q

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 21 Feb , 2008 9:05 pm

I saw Bleach action figures in a shop window today...

I am so going back to get Orihime this weekend...

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 21 Feb , 2008 10:37 pm

Dawnnamira wrote:
I had one of the weirdest Bleach dreams ever last night.

And I completely blame Pips for it. :Q
You can't blame me if you don't tell us exactly what happened. :P

I dreamt that I was Loran Cehack, the main pilot from Turn A Gundam, two nights running. The second dream I remember better - I had made my employer's daughter, fifteen-year-old Sochie Heim, pregnant, and she was five months already when she told me.

Came as a bit of a shock. :help:

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 21 Feb , 2008 11:22 pm

Ukitake and Shunsui showed up at my door and demanded I drive them to Otakon.

But we had to go to Florida to pick up some friends of theirs. And somehow along the way we picked up Hisagi and Shirosaki too.

Hisagi would flirt with the hotel receptionists when we stopped to sleep and get us all free rooms.

And when my car got full Shiro stole a 15 passenger bus from somewhere so we could all get to Otakon together. We never got caught either...despite going through many police checkpoints and getting loads of odd looks.

Then we finally got to Otakon and Hitsugaya was there, waiting for us. Ukitake tackled him and we didn't see them for most of the morning, which caused Shunsui to go emo and cling to me for most of the con. I also had to convince Shirosaki and Hisagi to NOT kill the guy who had cut us in the line for pretzels. Edit: I just remembered that this guy was Nnoitora. I should've let them kill him. :devil:

Oh, and at one point Hisagi got up to do kareoke and sang "I'm Too Sexy".... :neutral:

So there. :P Now you know most of that dream. :Wooper:

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Feb , 2008 5:02 am
Takoyaki is love

Hey I just wanted to do a quick post to those reading the English translations by Viz. Definitely give the scanlations a try, because Viz censors a lot of stuff. Like the characterization of the hollows is quite a bit darker then what Viz lets on. I have bought up 22 of the translated manga but I have decided to stop because of too much censoring.

I read volume 22 all excited and well I nearly threw the book across the room since I have got fed up with the censoring.

I really have fallen behind in my bleach viewing and reading, me so sorry.

Dawn, that was some dream :Q

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Feb , 2008 5:52 am

There's even more to it that I didn't really want to share with anyone else. :Wooper:

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Feb , 2008 12:42 pm

That's why I'm not watching it in Japanese, Wilma. Because I'm enjoying the Manga in English so much...

(But someday, when I can afford it, I will watch it in its original language. I hope)

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Feb , 2008 12:42 pm

Well thanks Dawn, I think I can well and truly blame you for last night's travesty of a dream. :LMAO: I dreamt that a high-ranking shinigami (who I think was meant to be Shuuhei but came out looking like Shirosaki without the mad eyes) had placed a verbal curse on the Kuchiki house - a personal vendetta, and he was extremely dangerous. I remember he was strapped to a table and Byakuya had decided to keep watch over him day and night without sleeping, and had put some sort of kidou on him so that anybody who tried to touch him would feel a huge repelling force (presumably so that nobody could free him). Enter Renji - and I'm sure it must have been Shuuhei who was meant to be the bad guy, because Renji totally had his "drinking partner" attitude on - said, and I quote, that he wanted "to put [his] sword against his face" iirc, and clearly had no idea about the curse or Byakuya's kidou, because he went straight up to him and got blown across the room, somehow losing his shirt in the process. (:D) Byakuya wasn't terribly impressed.

Wilma, that's annoying. I thought the translations seemed pretty good. Any specific examples? I read a lot of scanlations back in the day, getting up to about halfway between 21/22, and there were a lot of things that seemed to make more sense in the official version. Quite sure you're right, of course, I'm just interested. :)

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Crucifer
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Feb , 2008 12:56 pm

By the way, Rangiku's boobs seem to get bigger every time she's drawn. In vol 22, she's wearing Ichigo's school's uniform, and in each frame, more cleavage is shown, and the shirt is stretching more and more... It's bloody ridiculous!

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Feb , 2008 3:02 pm
Takoyaki is love

I wasn't to impressed with Viz's translation to be honest. Some of it is good, but some is terrible. Like I don't know any Japanese and I could tell they screwed up some stuff. The poem for volume 19 doesn't even make sense.

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Pippin4242
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 22 Feb , 2008 4:51 pm

Out of interest, which one is that? I don't have my copy to hand. :oops:

I think they did a lot of stuff better than Ju-Ni, I have to say. I mean my main argument in their defence is that stuff actually makes sense in their version. The line that springs to mind is Renji, in #21, "I was just about to say something heartfelt!" as opposed to Ju-Ni's "I was just about to say something cool!" That whole scene didn't make sense to me until I read the official version.
Bear in mind that I hate edits and the like, but I've suffered through Yu-Gi-Oh! fandom, so I'm probably quite a lot more forgiving than you. :P

EDIT: And this is Viz in 2008. It definitely beats earlier stuff, and it completely pwns Tokyopop, the only other publisher you're likely to see on mainstream shelves in the UK. I love FAKE so much, but the dialogue can really just go suck DJ Milky's flacid lifeless cock. :P

*~Pips~*

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 23 Feb , 2008 12:30 am

How did my dream even influence that Pips? :P

Although I must say the idea of Shiro with Shuuhei's personality is fascinating.

EDIT: 10:30 PM. And...look what I found.

[ img ]

Why do I suddenly foresee a TesslaxOrihime fandom? And why didn't I think of this before? :scratch:

Profile Quote
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 23 Feb , 2008 3:46 am
Takoyaki is love

The volume 19 poem is in the viz version: "No, nothing can change my world."

Now considering there was a whole thing about Orihime saying, Rukia changed Ichigo's world, obviously something did change his world so how could nothing change his world?

Now I looked on some other sites, and it's more along the lines of 'Nothing else, can change my world'. I think I looked up 3 different fan translations and they all agree with each other more then the viz version. They all seem to make more sense in the context of the story.

I will say sometimes the language translation is good in the viz translation at times. They add character to the lines but the censorship really gets to me. Also sometimes they don't really represent the actual conversation. Like when Rukia is knocking Ichigo out his depression, she says "that is the man you are in my heart". Apparently according to Viz's english translation team, heart is a bad bad bad word. They actually edited out HEART!!!! [sarcasm]Instead they have her say "that is the man you are" or something (I am paraphrasing).There was no romance in what she said but the word heart alone has to mean lovey dovey roamnce. (I guess viz thinks teenage boys can't tell the different uses of heart and to teenage boys heart can only mean romance which is ew, gross!!)[/sarcasm] . I mean Rukia was being heartfelt and sincere and they took all the gravity out of it!!!!!!! Not to mention taking out the word heart is an insult to the readership!!!!! I mean dude almost died trying to rescue her!! Of course it would reach her heart!!

Also when Rukia was being lead away to her execution and Gin stopped and had a chat with her, he calls Rukia "DEAR" (Rukia -chan actually), which he had no right to call her since it denotes an intimacy that he certainly does not have with her. Calling her Rukia -chan was like a forced intimacy and extraordinarily creepy!! :peek: It was like rape with words. They don't have that in the VIZ translation. Just him saying she has a rude mouth since she didn't call him captain. Considering how freaking creepy Gin is and also since I have not noticed Gin calling any of his other victims -chan I think that says something about Gin's regard toward Rukia. *disturbed*

Also some ofthe Zanpakuto commands come off like a gumble of words when done in the VIZ translation when they actually are saying some sort of sentence which is sort of supposed to sound slightly poetic.

That's not even addressing the censorship of some of the pervy jokes and concepts. Like one of the hollows in the Karakura arc was contemplating having Tatsuki get raped by all her male classmates and then have her kill herself!!! That is like totally different from what is in the VIZ version. (It's in the chapter when Orhime discovers her fairies.)

OK I will stop ranting for now, but like sheesh I mean at some points they are not conveying what the author intends and that really bothers me since there is a kind of trust between the reader and the publisher that I feel VIZ is violating somehow.

At least with the fan scanlations they don't try to hide things from the readers.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 51 of 54  [ 1074 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 149 50 51 52 53 54 »
Jump to: