Jump to page « 14 5 6 7 810 »
Wilma
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 3:55 am
Takoyaki is love

That's true.
I never knew a tuning fork could be used as an instrument of torture!!!! :D

Itoshiki Sensei from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Avatar by: sparklessence

"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen." - Yuko Ichihara and Kimihiro Watanuki - xxxHolic

"I'm modest, I'll keep my knickers on and die!" - My sister Grace commenting on Bear Gryllis on an episode of Oprah :rofl:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 8:00 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

It's okay, people. You can breathe a little easier: the emo bangs have been reincarnated as this. It may not be Milo's pretty head, but I can live with it. For now.

Man, that was a close one...

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 10:13 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Wilma wrote:
That's true.
I never knew a tuning fork could be used as an instrument of torture!!!! :D
Put a tuning fork on a spider's web. It vibrates pretty much at the same frequency as a flying insect. Fools the spider every time.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 10:23 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Into doing what? :scarey:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 10:31 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Running onto their web and investigating what it has caught.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 06 Mar , 2007 10:33 am

Oh, okay. I was imagining them jumping onto me or shooting a web at me. Slight phobia towards them, obviously. :blackeye: But the poor things, all the same. :P

So, about the emo bangs... [ img ]

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 May , 2007 1:06 am

I am so sorry for this, people, but it has to be done.

OMFGHEARTATTACKPEPPERSCARNINJAFIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!

Best hour of television evar!!! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :fight: :thewave: :banana: :sunny: :sunny: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :dance: :horse: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon:

I swear I'll write something later, it just seems like too much to catch up with. Dear jeebus, I love this show. :bawl: As if there wasn't enough to write about during the hiatus, I think tonight's eppy will put me six feet under or something.

I need a cigarette. :uhoh:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 May , 2007 2:25 am
Let the dice fly.

It was quite something. Worth at least one jaw drop in the hour.

This show is becoming quite the adrenaline rush.

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 May , 2007 2:31 am

Not enthusiastic enough, Elian. [ img ]

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
oldtoby
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 May , 2007 2:40 am
Cuddly Studmuffin

But she said it with quiet intensity :P

It was really good, I was really looking forward to it since I was always a fan of Alt reality stuff back in my comic book reading days.

Profile Quote
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 May , 2007 3:06 am
Let the dice fly.

Quiet intensity...I like that. :damnfunny:

*E* darling, you were enthusiastic enough for the whole board, I think. ;)

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 May , 2007 7:21 am
b77 whipping boy

el got a jaw dropping moment... that's like... crazy insane intensity ;)

and this wasn't really an alternate reality... this was the real reality... that they want to change!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Angbasdil
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 01 May , 2007 10:53 am
The man, the myth, the monkey

:Q :Q :Q

Wow

Even after a good night's sleep, my mind still boggles .

That was one ridiculously great hour of television.

More thoughts later once I'm capable of having them. I'm still processing it all...

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 03 May , 2007 5:24 am
Wembley bound

I have to agree. That episode was better than the whole X-Men 3 movie. Great stuff and I can't wait for next week.

Profile Quote
BrianIsSmilingAtYou
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 May , 2007 1:09 am

The opening to tonight's Heroes was very interesting.

Sylar's conversation with Mohinder was a neat turn of events, and a good piece of character development.

-----------

[edit]

The whole episode was another great advance of the plot.

Sylar's interaction with his mother, Hiro's abortive attempts at stopping Sylar, the developments with Molly and Mohinder, Peter and Claire, Nathan and his Mom, were all quite interesting.

Still trying to figure out where they're going with Micah, Niki etc

BrianIs :) AtYou

[ img ]

My niece, Humera, under a pumpkin leaf!

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 May , 2007 9:03 pm
Wembley bound

I think I know where they're going with Micah. So DON'T READ if you don't want to know because I think my speculation is accurate.

I think Linderman wants to use Micah and his electronic controlling ability to rig the election in favour of Nathan Petrelli. That kid could alter the entire electronic voting outcome.

Profile Quote
Angbasdil
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 May , 2007 8:09 pm
The man, the myth, the monkey

That's exactly what I was thinking. :D

Profile Quote
oldtoby
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 May , 2007 12:22 pm
Cuddly Studmuffin

TWT wrote:
I think I know where they're going with Micah. So DON'T READ if you don't want to know because I think my speculation is accurate.

I think Linderman wants to use Micah and his electronic controlling ability to rig the election in favour of Nathan Petrelli. That kid could alter the entire electronic voting outcome.
heh kinda an obvious theory ;)

All I got to say about last nights ep is :Q At Bennet totally blowing away Eric Roberts.

I forsee an angry Pretty Woman guest starring to take revenge ;)

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 May , 2007 12:56 pm

The writers have a thing for grey matter. If brains aren't getting eaten, they're punched into. How hurty.

It was an alright episode. The last two weeks have felt like huge steps down from the one set in the future, but on the major plus side, my favorite parts were with Niki and DL. It was just so touching and bad-ass to see mama and papa bear going after their cub... while holding hands, too! The part where Jessica "left" was full of lawlz, though. :suspicious: Man, they just... no.

Poor, poor Ted. :( He never really had a chance, but I held out hope for it. In a world of illusionists, power-stealers, and power-absorbers, you'd figure they could find a way around killing the obvious ones that were foreshadowed ages ago. Meh. He had really grown on me and I wanted to keep him around. :(

Hiro's storyline is a draw. He gets points for the "my dad is so cool" expression after Sulu reveals his prowess with a sword, but loses some for previously questioning what Papa Nakamura would know about fighting and such because he works in an office. That's right, Hiro, because as a mere cubicle-dweller yourself, you wouldn't know jack shit about time-travel or freezing time- oh wait! You do, don't you! The mind boggles.

Anyway. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 22 May , 2007 12:29 am

SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT'S EPISODE (I dunno why we got it so early).

Oh my gosh, guys. :( I'm totally shaking here, that was such a beautiful ending.

The entire episode was way more subdued than I expected, and the climax was... fabulous but I guess I was thinking it would top the Five Years Gone episode, which it most certainly did not. Sure, people got their heads beaten in or were shot, but it wasn't a special effects extravaganza. Nothing wrong there, it was just different. Like, the people of New York wouldn't even know anything was up tonight if it weren't for the light show in the sky, really. :P It just seemed so self-contained like that.

Okay, sorry to get on that tangent. The fact is, I loved all the powers being used. It was lovely to see everyone harness their abilities or use them to counter someone else's. Lots of excitement there. I loved everyone working together. That Bennet confided in Peter by giving his real name, Molly and Micah had their little "cool, another super kid!" moment, Niki kicked Sylar's ass for Peter, Ando trying to take things in his own hands and then being saved by Hiro who was able to beat Sylar. I was smiling so much. :love:

Nothing compares to Nathan redeeming himself in the most fantastic way possible. Take that, every other morally ambiguous character ever. :P My heart's still racing. I wasn't even thinking about him when he showed up, which made it all the better. To be honest, I still think they could have tried flying to the middle of the Atlantic, but whatever works for them. Hopefully it wasn't a part of the New York skyline that has a lot of air traffic. :uhoh: I'm sure they were really high up but you know.

And lmao at that dumbass Parkman. I was totally picturing him leaning up in the stretcher to give Molly a thumbs-up, with his head bandaged and teeth missing. :LMAO: I don't know why. He's just such a schlub with terrible ideas and never learns from them.

:roll: at Sylar escaping yet again. That was disappointing. Nathan's sacrifice will be for nothing if Sylar is able to set up another plot to destroy the world. What the heck was everyone standing around hugging for if jerkface was crawling away into the sewers? Dummies. And now it seems even more stupid for anyone to have allowed Peter and Ted to meet, or even let Ted visit NYC. If Peter didn't absorb Ted's power, Sylar would have been the bomb and Nathan still could have flown in to save the day, except that Sylar would not have regenerated as Peter will. That would've been way more dramatic and heroic, in my opinion. If Ted never got to NYC, Sylar wouldn't have stolen his powers and been a threat of that magnitude to begin with. Am I crazy or does that make any sense from a practical standpoint? I just never got why the characters allowed certain things to transpire when they knew the consequences down the line OF that happening. They just seemed too blase about it. And no, you don't need Isaac's foresight to see the outcome of certain people being in the vicinity of one another.

Anyway, good episode. :) There will be a lot of happy broyay fans out there tonight. I knew it was enjoyable, I just didn't think it was going to save the world. :D Awwww...

EDIT: oh, and :rofl: @ Ando telling Hiro he looked bad-ass. Omg, best saying ever. Also loved the subtitling at the end: "#!&*"

EDIT: oh, and Peter kicking Sylar's ass was enough wank material for the rest of the summer. Yay!11 :dance:

Well it was. :scared:

EDIT: I don't see why Claire was the only one capable of doing what she did. Thought the point was that in the midst of him going nuclear, she would be able to get close without causing bodily harm and shoot him before things got really bad. As such, anyone could have been in her position. I mean, Nathan was even closer and he didn't have regenerative powers, and clearly his skin wasn't peeling off or anything. :P

Ooo! And I just realized how prophetic Peter's vision was at the police station. He was indeed surrounded by most of the main characters and heroes when he went nuclear. :) Nice.

EDIT: another obvious solution - Peter, fly your damn self up there. :P I totally forgot about that scenario lol.

Just watched the episode again, and I have to [ img ] at Nathan's response to Claire saying there was no other way. Dude, you were airborn when she said that, how the hell did you hear it??? I still loved the scene, but on second viewing, it was kinda funny that he just shows up with a nifty response out of nowhere. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 6 of 10  [ 200 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 14 5 6 7 810 »
Jump to: