The Last Homely Site on the Web

Heroes

Post Reply   Page 2 of 10  [ 200 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 510 »
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Dec , 2006 6:55 am
Wembley bound

I'd just download them. I had all of them but then deleted them after I had watched them with friends.

It's been like a year since I've seen Lost, I completely forgot that they're Korean. I'm going on my horrible memory. :D

Interesting thing about Heroes, despite shoddy scriptwriting it manages to stay interesting enough. Lost, if it doesn't have a brilliant script then the show tanks in the interest department. Heroes has enough going for it that they can continue to suck (if they want) in their writing.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 17 Dec , 2006 2:44 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Buy your own Claire bear on eBay.

(Not to ignore previous comments, I just wanted to get this in before I forget.) :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 17 Dec , 2006 4:04 pm
Wembley bound

Could just be camera enhancements but that girl does have gorgeous eyes.

Profile Quote
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 3:15 am
Another bright red day

Wheee, new chapter!

Hiro is adorable.

And now, spoilers!

First off, Ali Larter is one high quality actress. Even if you don't like her, it's hard to pull off a conversation between two people, both of whom you're playing at the same time and make it look convinced. She pulled it off really, really well. I feel really bad for Nikki. Turning herself in took guts, but it was clearly the right thing to do. DL is a neat character. I like him.

Haitian man speaks! (I know everyone else knew this, but I didn't see Chap. 11 until today. I am so intrigued by him and think that I like him. Can't wait to see where they're going with that plot.

Hiro = adorable. That's all.

I am really starting to like Claire. She's got guts. Will she be able to keep up the "I don't remember anything" act?

Still don't like Simone, and Mohinder really isn't all that interesting.

However, that is more than made up for by Mr. Bennett, who is super creepy. What is he up to? And who the heck does he work for?? Why does he want even Claire to forget what happened? She would know Jackie was murdered still, and let's face it, it wouldn't take her long to rediscover her power either.

We haven't seen Linderman yet, have we? Because he is clearly very important. Maybe that's who Mr. Bennett works for, in fact.

And finally, my other favourite -- Peter. Those visions he was having are crazy, especially with the juxtaposition of him and Sylar. Wonder if he'll end up hanging out with Ted the Radioactive Man in the desert, where they'll discover more bodies that Jessica buried. Then Peter will have to stay out there, too, since he'll have absorbed the radioactiveness. Gosh. I'm guessing that whatever allows him to absorb powers is the same thing that allows him to see the invisible man, but what is that? And am interested to find out more about the invisible man himself.

Can't wait till next week!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 4:19 am
Let the dice fly.

Mossy wrote:
I'm guessing that whatever allows him to absorb powers is the same thing that allows him to see the invisible man, but what is that?
It's his power - absorbing the other powers. Invisibility, it seems, also confers the ability to see what's invisible - you figure invisible man has to be able to see himself, right? Though if he couldn't, that would explain the crazy-man beard he's got going on...;)
Anyhow, this is basically the same deal as when Peter wasn't frozen in time with everyone else when futureHiro came to visit him on the train.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the ep...agree with you about Ali Larter's acting, she is doing a lovely job. I still think her story is DULL, though. Wish they would explain the Niki/Jessica split for once and all and move on.

Oh, and I've made the disturbing revelation that without his glasses, HRG/Mr. Bennet = hot. :Q

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 4:28 am
Wembley bound

I thought that for the first episode of Heroes in about a month that they would come up with something slightly more eventful. It was a bit dull but advanced the plot somewhat nonetheless.

What was with the cockroach in Sylar's room. I'm sure that will be important in a future episode. Write that down.

Monday's are going to be great for a couple months! Heroes and then 24. Its so much coolness in two hours that my brain might implode. Brain imloding, I think that's a power someone should posess. Write that down.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 12:34 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

ilu, Global. You played a mere two commercials each break, made me near have an accident, and then cut into the last 20 minutes with fucking weather reports. I don't know anything that happened after DL and Micah visited Niki in the clink. They were all Milo scenes, weren't they? :roll: :rage: :rage:

And what I did watch wasn't all that excited. Feh. I could have seen Sean Bean being hot at the theatre, but nooooooooo. Next time, I'm just watching a later episode on satellite or something. Boo!!!

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 6:55 pm
Wembley bound

*E*, what you have to realize is that the important part of Monday nights is 24. Best show on TV, don't know why you're not watching it... :poke:

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 7:44 pm

I rarely watch tv. I only came across Lost because I happened to catch some great eppys, bought the DVD, and became a fanatic. Heroes, I thought was a tv movie or something but my dad recommended it and I thought what the hey. Law and Order: Special Victim's Unit and C.S.I. were my mom's idea which I initially used an excuse to spend some time with her then grew to enjoy.

The only other tv shows I've watched lately were Oz, The Critic, and Fraggle Rock, all because I used to watch them as a kid and wanted to see again.

So 24, The Office, everything HBO ever produced, and countless other shows don't have much of a chance, sorry.

I accept DVDs mailed to me though. ;)

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 8:07 pm
Let the dice fly.

You watched Oz as a kid? :suspicious:

Man, I hope you mean a different Oz than the one I know. :D

What does it take

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 8:09 pm
Best friends forever

Tried "Heroes" last night.

*sigh*

I don't get it. What could possibly make this appealing? I guess it's just me.

*is out of here*

Living on Earth is expensive,
but it does include a free trip
around the sun every year.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 8:14 pm

Elian wrote:
No one else was up on Friday nights, I had free reign of all the naughty channels I wanted. Showcase = better than sex ed.

vison, it was an admittedly less-than-stellar episode, but have you seen the pilot? That's a better idea of what the series is like. Obviously. Because it's the pilot. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 8:27 pm
Let the dice fly.

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
Elian wrote:
No one else was up on Friday nights, I had free reign of all the naughty channels I wanted. Showcase = better than sex ed.

:Q Man...that's one messed up sex-ed class. :D I'd be traumatized if I watched Oz now, much less when I was a kid. :damnfunny:

Vison, no one thing appeals to everyone...you gave it a fair shot, at least. :)

What does it take

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 8:35 pm
Daydream Believer

Last edited by Ara-anna on Tue 13 Nov , 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 8:51 pm
Wembley bound

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
So 24, The Office, everything HBO ever produced, and countless other shows don't have much of a chance, sorry.

I accept DVDs mailed to me though. ;)

*E*
I accept the offer. If I mail you the DVDs of this season of 24 will you watch all of them?

I will make you a follower of it!!!!!!!! :D Its just that you don't know what you're missing until you've seen it.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 9:01 pm

Dude, I'm not sure I've ever implied to anyone that I wouldn't like new songs to listen to, books to read, or movies/shows to watch. I just can't always take the initiative to track them down myself for various reasons, mostly monetary. Send me 24 along with Extras, as previously discussed, :P and you can guarantee I'll sit down to watch 'em. Might be lost if I'm starting with the fifth or whatever season, but I'll still watch it.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 9:14 pm
Wembley bound

I'll send you a one-page letter explaining the premise.

What I'll do is send you last season of 24.

And you'll love Extras, I know what you're like and you'll piss your pants in some of those episodes. :D

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 9:21 pm

That's why I look forward to seeing it. :P

Apparently it is on BBC, but our satellite doesn't have that so all I can do is watch previews and not be able to join in. :bawl:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 9:25 pm

WARNING: 24 equals digitized crack
Do not view if you are pregnant or nursing

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 23 Jan , 2007 9:28 pm

I have an extremely addictive personality, so the concept of addiction doesn't even matter to me anymore. :P

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 10  [ 200 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 510 »
Jump to: