board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Getting LOST

Post Reply   Page 88 of 91  [ 1817 posts ]
Jump to page « 186 87 88 89 90 91 »
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject: Re: Getting LOST
Posted: Wed 03 Feb , 2010 6:22 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I'm all depressed. I've never watched a show from beginning to end while it was still on air, so there's definitely a feeling of loss here. Even though it frustrates the crap out of me. :P

I missed the last five or six episodes from last season but still got the DVD for Christmas, so I'm almost caught up there but decided to go ahead with tonight's show. Glad I already knew about J, otherwise it would have been a rough year to wait for just that.

Tony Leung! EDIT: oh man, embarrassing. I forget the fella's name, but he played Ryuji (aka: Sadako meat) in Ringu. I had seen that more recently than Hero, which is where I knew Tony Leung from. They don't even really look alike. Seems it is officially time to put up my Hero posters. :P

Claire, plz bring rpattz to the island with you, wizards are more helpful than hobbits. kthanx.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Wed 03 Feb , 2010 2:31 pm
Daydream Believer

I is confuzed.

spoiler questions

So the MIB is now in Locke's cloned body?

What's up with the duel um....people?

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Wed 03 Feb , 2010 11:19 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

And who do you suppose is in Sayid's body?

Can you say Jacob?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Posted: Wed 03 Feb , 2010 11:27 pm
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

I am totally confused.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Thu 04 Feb , 2010 12:42 am
Daydream Believer

Holbytla wrote:
*****SPOILER ALERT*****

And who do you suppose is in Sayid's body?

Can you say Jacob?

Yes.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Thu 04 Feb , 2010 3:48 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I forgot to add that I think Locke may have suggested that Richard came in on that slave ship which I no longer remember the name of. Except I don't know why Richard would be in chains, unless he tried to help the slaves and was tied up with them. Or I'm racist. Anyway.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Sat 06 Feb , 2010 4:21 am

I don't know whether to put this image in my Lost folder, or collection of funny mug shots...

[ img ]

(It's from a facebook group called Jears, for anyone interested.) :LMAO:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Posted: Sat 06 Feb , 2010 5:01 am
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

Aaaah I love it. :LMAO:

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Sun 07 Feb , 2010 10:18 am

[ img ]

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Sun 07 Feb , 2010 3:09 pm
Daydream Believer

:LMAO:

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Mon 15 Feb , 2010 10:04 pm

Sorry for another picspam, but last week's episode felt useless to me and these are hilarious:

[ img ] [ img ]

[ img ] [ img ]

[ img ] [ img ]

[ img ]

And a gif because the last valentine reminded me of it:

[ img ]

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Thu 01 Apr , 2010 10:35 am

Geez, that Richard episode was exquisite. Like nothing this show has come up with yet. Nestor hit it right out of the park. Not only did he have to do accent changes, he really made you believe in two very different sides of this mysterious character, and how he got from one to the other. Plus there was lots of time with both Jacob and Human Smokey, who I'm really fascinated with because I bailed on season 5 before they came into it, so I'm getting answers about them without the year-long wait between seasons.

Wasn't crazy about the Sun/Jin episode, and Desmond's return. Poor bastard.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Fri 02 Apr , 2010 12:10 am
Daydream Believer

I agree about the Richard episode...whoa. just great. I also liked the Ben episode

I am wondering why they brough Desmond back, I figured they would...but.. :scratch:

Profile Quote
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Posted: Fri 02 Apr , 2010 5:08 am
Another bright red day

I thought the Richard episode was one of the best in the series in terms of writing and acting . . . but I wanted more. I really expected it to be a game changer and all we got was more vague mythology. Also, I thought Richard was much older! At least 17th century, preferably more like ancient Rome. 1867 is just two years out from the Civil War! That's practically modern. I really did think it was excellently done (and Richard in every scene? Yes please.) but there just wasn't enough at this late hour.

That's my problem with the most recent four or so episodes in general, actually. NOTHING has happened. Ilana's gang has literally been sitting on the beach for ages and ages. Only six hours left and they have nothing better to do? It feels like someone said "I wonder what Lost would be like as a character drama!" and they all started writing that instead of the action-character drama we all know and love.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Fri 02 Apr , 2010 2:25 pm
Daydream Believer

Quick question, anyone else think the ladders Smokeman Locke and Sawyer climed down were 'Jacobs' Ladder?

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Wed 07 Apr , 2010 9:08 pm

Ara-anna wrote:
I also liked the Ben episode
Same! Though I still am just not on board with Ben being a grieving father. They showed when he first got Alex, but it felt wrong to me, and kind of inconsequential at that point. I haaaate that Danielle was killed, suddenly, and barely referred to again. Building all this mystery around her for a couple seasons, plus empathy for her lost child, I just wasn't ready to be tossed onto team Creepy Ben Whom Alex Doesn't Even Like Much Anyway. Ya know? Their chemistry was wonderful as student and teacher, though.

We're sort of seeing Claire's storyline from the other point of view. We know she went crazy and wandered off, so Kate took on responsibility for Aaron. I'd still side with Claire :P except when she acts like Kate stole Aaron. Bitch, please. Wasn't it Sawyer or someone who found the kid in a tree that night anyway? Regardless, while I felt for Ben at the moment of Alex's death, it feels like a lot of his fondness for her has been an afterthought in the seasons since she died. Like if Sayid decided to remember Shannon again. ;)
MaidenOfTheShieldarm wrote:
Also, I thought Richard was much older! At least 17th century, preferably more like ancient Rome. 1867 is just two years out from the Civil War! That's practically modern.
Seriously. :nono: Coulda sworn that damn boat was from the 1600's. Then again, I've been watching a lot of LOTR and Twilight lately, so a sprightly 140 years of age seems nothing. :P
MaidenOfTheShieldarm wrote:
That's my problem with the most recent four or so episodes in general, actually. NOTHING has happened.
That is actually how I felt about season 5 and the beginning several episode of 6. With the flash-sideways, nothing's necessarily bothering me about the information given except that I don't know where it's leading. So unless THAT turns out great, I'll be disappointed at having my time wasted. Not sure Lost is a place where alternate universes explain shit all, you know? Like there isn't enough present stuff to deal with, we get fanfic about what life may have been? Oh okay. And it's not even that per se, since their lives have been altered far beyond just getting off the plane safely.

Was Dom always that... balding? :help:

As long as they keep Desmond alive, I can't wait to find out what he needs with the manifest or why he's so game to work with Widmore.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Posted: Wed 07 Apr , 2010 10:47 pm
Milk and kisses

This last episode was brilliant. LOVED seeing Dan again, and how Eloise *knows*...
So Desmond is the key. Great! I love Desmond, he and Hurley are my favourite Lost characters.
Another one disappointed by Richard/Ricardo being from the 19th century, Mr Ber and I had also placed him in the 17th.

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Wed 07 Apr , 2010 11:13 pm

Herro, carebear. :wave:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Posted: Wed 07 Apr , 2010 11:41 pm
Milk and kisses

Hewwo :D

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Wed 21 Apr , 2010 9:20 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

There are 5 hours left in the series.
There are 4 episodes left.
I think it is about time to start doing some 'splaining.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 88 of 91  [ 1817 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 186 87 88 89 90 91 »
Jump to: