board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Getting LOST

Post Reply   Page 87 of 91  [ 1817 posts ]
Jump to page « 185 86 87 88 8991 »
sauronsfinger
Post subject: Re: Getting LOST
Posted: Thu 16 Apr , 2009 4:08 pm

Nice to see Miles as the center of an episode at last. And the big surprise with his lineage was neat. I liked the bit with Hurley writing EMPIRE. Now how does he get it to Lucas?

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
WampusCat
Posted: Thu 16 Apr , 2009 5:05 pm

And how ticked off will he be when Lucas makes a few changes? :D

Word shaper / Soul tender / Melody maker

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Thu 16 Apr , 2009 5:14 pm
Daydream Believer

I thought the Empire script was a great touch.

I loved the whole if you're on Widmore's side you're on the wrong side bit. And how they tossed Niles after he was going to be on Widmore's side.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Thu 30 Apr , 2009 2:38 pm
Daydream Believer

Spoilers.

Daniel...his mother is Eloise Hawking, is father is apparently Widmore. And both his parents send him back to the island, so his mother can kill him. And Ben is the bad guy? :scratch: Well now Widmore and Eloise have killed their son, just like Ben let his daughter die, except Ben was taking a gamble that didn't work. Widmore and Eloise knew that Eloise kills Daniel for a long long time, apparently.

And Richard actually was showing fear last night. Which means there might be a way for him to die.

I think Hurley is the only good guy on the entire island.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Thu 14 May , 2009 12:53 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I think the last episode I caught up with was bb Ben being shot, but this was funny:

Sometimes hoyay vids are kinda gross, but this was just cute. :)

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Thu 14 May , 2009 2:49 pm
Daydream Believer

Last nights episode was something to see.

Sawyer/Juilette was :love: I guess we now know who he really loved. But what a horrible way to have things happen.

And Ben/Locke(not Locke)/Jacob :scratch:

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Thu 14 May , 2009 4:36 pm

The season finale was good with the usual answers and even more questions. So how do they write themselves out of this one? Its one thing to save Pauline when the stagecoach is seen going over the cliff in next weeks one reeler, but this one seems pretty definitive in terms of an ending.

Who was right - Jack or the minority opinion that his actions would make the plane crash?

I too was taken with the scenes between Sawyer and Juliette. I like both as characters and as actors and dearly hope its not the real end for either of them.

What made Jacob able to be in all these peoples lives and stay the same age? Was that boat seen at the start the same pirate boat that we saw where they got the explosives from early in the series?

Inquiring minds want to know. :cool:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Posted: Fri 15 May , 2009 1:17 am
Another bright red day

I just did some actual, real life flailing. Because when watching Lost, the filter is gooone.

I think the blast will send the rest of the Losties back to the future and that's what Jacob meant when he said "They're coming."

I was beyond pleased at how much the statue featured in this ep.! And how awesome Jacob was until suddenly he wasn't. Not that he's dead, of course, but I was totally behind Ben stabbing him. My Lost-soul died a little bit when he said "What about you?" Speaking of being behind attempted murder, I cheered for Roger Workman when he shot Sayid -- his finest moment all series.

Juliet was sad. I loved her and Sawyer together so much. I kind of figured they wouldn't make it, but I wish they had. That was an epic death, though, maybe one of the best so far.

What is the loophole Jacob's nemesis was talking about?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Fri 15 May , 2009 1:39 am

It seemed to me like Jacob's nemesis needed to find someone, besides himself, to kill Jacob. Perhaps he was "reincarnated" as all the dead people we've seen come back (Christian, Alex, Yemi, and..maybe some others I forget). As Locke, he found someone strong enough (Ben) to kill Jacob. Maybe.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Fri 15 May , 2009 2:51 pm
Daydream Believer

I tend to agree with Rebecca in a way. Perhaps the loophole was the nemesis needed someone who had been warped and twisted from childhood on the island to take Jacob out, thus all of the Losties/Others ect., who had anything to do with Ben becoming Ben had to be in place. We thought it was Ben/Widmore that were the chess masters, but they are just pawns.

The question I now have is who is the nemesis, and where do he and Jacob come from. They are both ancient but who and what are they.

But mostly why do I think Lost is a mix of Joseph and the Techincolor Dream Coat and The Simarillion.

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Fri 15 May , 2009 3:28 pm

Some people are saying Jacob and his nemesis are like God vs the Devil. Or a biblical reference, like Jacob and his brother Esau:
Quote:
And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob.

And these words of Esau her elder son were told to Rebekah: and she sent and called Jacob her younger son, and said unto him, Behold, thy brother Esau, as touching thee, doth comfort himself, purposing to kill thee.
on the lost-forum, someone wrote:
In the old testiment, Rebecca (Jacob’s mom) is having twins, Jacob and Esau. She was having trouble during pregnancy and asks God why she was suffering. She received the prophecy that the twins were fighting in her womb and would continue to fight all their livs, and after they became two separate nations. The prophecy also said that the older would serve the younger, and the statement “one people will be stronger than the other,” has been taken to mean that the two nations would never gain power simultaneously: when one fell, the other would rise, and vice versa.

Read that last sentence of my statement, and then go read the title of the book Jacob is holding outside of the building where Locke is thrown by his father out the window. “Everything That Rises Must Converge.” So everytime one of the ‘nations’ takes power, they must fight for it.
(Just was lazy and quoted from a Lost mb :P )

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ara-anna
Posted: Fri 15 May , 2009 3:38 pm
Daydream Believer

Well that's what I thinking when I thought of the whole Biblical aspect of it...plus Jacobs youngest son is a Ben, whose mother died in Childbirth with him.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Sat 30 May , 2009 10:53 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

[ img ]

my spleen...

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Fri 10 Jul , 2009 11:18 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

The need for a loophole was because gods can't kill gods.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Fri 10 Jul , 2009 11:21 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* wrote:
[ img ]

my spleen...

*E*

A cross between Wilma and Fred Flintstone.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Sat 11 Jul , 2009 1:31 am

Wilma had red hair though, didn't she?

Hmm, Lost apparently did not like redheads. I can only recall one atm and she died of time travel. It's not as bad as the amount of dead blonds, but still. :P

I gotta watch the last several episodes before summer is over. :uhoh:

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Wed 22 Jul , 2009 7:15 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

OK so I have been scaaning through older seasons and am about ready to start season four again.
I'm basically skimming and avoiding backstory and such, looking mostly for island tidbits.

Now I don't expect anyone to have an answer to this, but this whole getting on and off the island thing is bugging me.

There is either a large plot hole, me being stupid or a whole lot of lies going on.

At some point, the others were able to get on and off the island as they pleased.
Certainly at least Richard was, because he visited Locke and Juliet.
There were also the trips to and from Ann Arbor by the Dharma Initiative.

Then of course the whole Swan/hatch thing blew up when Desmond pushed the fail-safe button which allegedly caused communications to get all screwy and thus preventing travel to and from the island. Which proved to be a pack of lies, because the signal was being jammed by the Looking Glass station.

So if Charlie disabled the jamming enough so Penny could get a message through, and Eloise was able to predict where the island was going to be, then why did the Oceanic 6 have to be on a certain flight in order to get back to the island?

Is this going to be something weak like it was the wrong type of communication?
Why did all 6 ( apparently excluding Aaron) have to be on board?

Maybe I am too skeptical, but this sounds like a ploy by Eloise and Ben for whatever reason to gain some type of end to some type of scheme.

Obviously there is a lot of manipulation going on by a lot of people for whatever reason, but please don't tell me this is the only magical way to get to the island after Richard et al so easily traveled to and fro when they chose.

That would make me really grumpy.

Thoughts?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Posted: Fri 11 Sep , 2009 2:42 am

I felt this needed to be posted somewhere and I've spammed this thread before. :blackeye:

[ img ]

It skuttles in time with the Lady GaGa song I'm playing.

bringing "easily amused" to new lows,
*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Wed 03 Feb , 2010 1:24 am

The first episode of the final season is on tonight. :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MaidenOfTheShieldarm
Posted: Wed 03 Feb , 2010 5:40 am
Another bright red day

I'm not even sure how to comment. What a bizarre episode.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 87 of 91  [ 1817 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 185 86 87 88 8991 »
Jump to: