board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Posted: Sat 31 Mar , 2007 9:55 pm

Stupidest concept ever. Four mutated turtles. That are ninjas. And teenagers..?

Yeah. TMNT. :D

I remember loving Turtles as a child, and I still joke about pizza with anchovies sometimes (the only kind of pizza the Turtles hated). And now, a new movie. Kids movie, okay, but still... I haven't seen it, and I'm not sure if I'm going to, but I hear it's really popular across the pond, so maybe someone here has an opinion to voice.

It truly is a stupid concept...

Cowabunga! :blackeye:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dawnnamira
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 31 Mar , 2007 10:00 pm

Personally, I think the karate kids was a stupider idea, but you do have a good point.

:D

I really want to see it but who knows. Maybe if I can get my license on monday.

How strange it is to be anything at all

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 01 Apr , 2007 3:29 pm
Wembley bound

I went to see TMNT last weekend when it opened.

Hands down the best movie I've seen this year. No question. Period.

I loved it. Sure the plot is a little shakey, and some TMNT purists migh dislike a couple changes like April not being a news reporter, etc. But in the end it didn't matter, as long as turtles were on the screen it was pure cinematic joy.

They did great stuff with the whole Leonerdo/Raphael plotline. Unfortunately Mikey wasn't in it as much nor was Donatello.

Patrick Stewart's voice was unmistakable and a very good choice for the bad guy.

Sarah Michelle Ghellar as April was great too.

But best of all was Ziyi Zhang as Karai, leader of the Foot Clan.

Brilliant. And LOVED the music!

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 01 Apr , 2007 5:40 pm
Tricksy Elf!

April is not a news reporter........ :Q

Sorry, long term TMNT fan, I still have the origional comics which was a lot harsher than the origional films, but fab.

It was a fun concept, loved Splinter (is he in the new film?), and Shredder was such a well done baddy origionall, mainly because he died so well.

Although the Foot were always...well crap :LMAO:

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from delusion, it is called Religion'.

~Robert M. Pirsig

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 01 Apr , 2007 6:28 pm
Wembley bound

Dindraug wrote:

Sorry, long term TMNT fan, I still have the origional comics which was a lot harsher than the origional films, but fab.

It was a fun concept, loved Splinter (is he in the new film?), and Shredder was such a well done baddy origionall, mainly because he died so well.

What is April then? In the old TV show she was a reporter/anchor. In the new film she's kinda like an archeologist(sp?) and then turns ninja.

Of course Master Splinter is in this, Mako does his voice.

The movie plot carries on from the last TMNT movie, so Shredder is gone and the Foot Clan which are brilliant in this movie are on their own doing their own business.

Profile Quote
Anoth616
Post subject: Movie
Posted: Tue 03 Apr , 2007 3:06 pm
Low-level Kryptonite Gatherer

I went to see it this last weekend and had a fun time! The main plot was ok, but the sub-plots were not good. The voice actors did a good job. The voices of the Turtles, I did not recognize, but Mako, Patrick Stuart and Sarah Michelle Gellar are all featured. Good family movie and lots of laughs, as well.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 Apr , 2007 9:57 pm
Wembley bound

Did you not recognize Ziyi Zhang as Karai?

I know that the plot was dodgy at times but as long as Turtles were on screen I couldn't care less, I'm an fanboy.

Profile Quote
BrianIsSmilingAtYou
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 10 Apr , 2007 2:53 am

Dindraug wrote:

Yes, the original TMNT was a great parody of Frank Miller's work, mostly Daredevil (particularly involving Elektra), with bits of X-Men and New Mutants parody thrown in.

Look at the ink work on Miller's Ronin, for example, compared to the early TMNT. The pose on TMNT 1

[ img ]

is very similar in composition to the cover of Daredevil 191

[ img ]

The main difference is that there are multiple figures in the TMNT cover, and the attitude is a bit different, since the turtles are just starting out and Daredevil is reaching the end of a phase in his life. The expressions on the respective characters' faces tell that part of it.

Daredevil 191 was the capstone of Miller's first run on Daredevil, bringing the Daredevil/Bullseye conflict to a grim resolution, so it was probably strongly in Eastman and Laird's minds when they started their parody.

It wsa clear that Eastman and Laird had a real grasp of the original work to create such an effective parody.

I haven't yet seen the new movie, but it's on the list.

BrianIs :) AtYou

[ img ]

My niece, Humera, under a pumpkin leaf!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: