board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

The Lord of the Rings Online - Fancy joining my Fellowship?

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Alatar
Post subject: The Lord of the Rings Online - Fancy joining my Fellowship?
Posted: Fri 06 Apr , 2007 11:30 am
of Vinyamar

The LotRO European Launch servers have been announced.
Quote:
European Server Names and Configurations!

We're delighted to finally announce the Early Access launch day line up of servers! Now you can choose your server and coordinate with your friends and Kinship members to make sure you're all together come Early Access.

English Language-preferred/International Servers

Laurelin [RP] - Role-playing Server.
Meaning - One of the two trees the Valar planted atop a high hill, which cast a golden light over the realm.

Snowbourn – Normal Server
Meaning - A river of Rohan that flows from the foot Starkhorn in the northern White Mountains, down Harrowdale and past the courts of Edoras, continuing across the plains of Rohan to meet the River Entwash.

German Language-preferred Servers

Belegaer [RP] - Role-playing Server
Meaning - The Great Sea, a mighty ocean that lies between Middle-earth in the east and Aman in the west

Morthond – Normal Server
Meaning - The second of the Seven Rivers of Gondor, the Morthond flowed from underneath the White Mountains winding south through the lands of Gondor.

French Language-preferred Servers

Estel [RP] - Role-playing Server
Meaning - Estel is the Sindarin word for Hope or Trust. Aragorn's mother Gilraen gave him this name when as a child she took him to Rivendell.

Sirannon – Normal Server
Meaning - A river of Eriador, also known as the "Gate Stream" flowed past the gates of Moria. It was later dammed closing off the Doors of Durin from neighbouring lands.

See you in Middle-earth!
Since we'll be looking at an English Language server, that narrows our choice to two. My preference is for the RolePlay server for a number of reasons. Firstly I hope it will add to the immersion. Secondly, I've never played one before. Thirdly, it might reduce the number of Yelling Newbies.

So, looks like I'll be aiming for Laurelin at launch! Hope to see a few of you in there.

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Areanor
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 08 Apr , 2007 5:36 am
Sharpe-sighted

I wonder. I've read a report about it on the plane to Ireland :D and I wondered if I would find the time to get into it.

As Warcraft eats up a lot of my time already. :scratch:

Tell me when you've started, I might follow.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: