board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
halplm
Post subject: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Posted: Mon 23 Apr , 2007 6:09 pm
b77 whipping boy

Here I am... waiting and waiting for the seventh Harry Potter Book, and the fifth movie sneaks up on me.

I must admit... I'm a bit torn about the films in general... I love the first two books far more than their film counterparts... as I felt those films had no life whatsoever... and it did really feel like watching kids onscreen.

The third book is my favorite, while the third film is also my favorite so far. I guess I just like PoA the best ;).

For the fourth... I like the film better than the book. The book is too long. I think the film suffers from this as well, as too much has to happen, but I like the flow of the film much better than the book.

I simply cannot wait until the fifth film. I LOVE parts of OOTP... in fact, if you edited out the parts I can't stand about the book, it would probably rival PoA as my favorite. I can't wait to see how they cut down things for the film. I've always thought OOTP needed a good hack and slash from an editor, and I'm assuming that will be necessary for the film.

Anyway... I'm a bit worried, as I'm expecting a lot... and last time I did that... I was not pleased :)

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 28 Apr , 2007 2:05 pm
His Rosyness

However good the film might turn out to be, it would have been far better if Fran Walsh and Phillipa Boyens had done the adaption :twisted:

What say you?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: