Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Piercings I have had or considered:
Nipple

0% [ 0 ]
Navel

4% [ 1 ]
Nose

0% [ 0 ]
None (usually at the bottom I know, but it's an N)

44% [ 11 ]
Tongue

4% [ 1 ]
Facial (eyebrow, mouth, et al)

8% [ 2 ]
Genital (of any sort)

4% [ 1 ]
Ear (other than lobe)

4% [ 1 ]
Web between fingers/toes

0% [ 0 ]
Other (do tell)

0% [ 0 ]
Two of the above

16% [ 4 ]
Three or more of the above

16% [ 4 ]
Total votes: 25
crystal_seed
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 9:18 pm

I had my ears pierced at 16, added another hole on the left ear in college (with vodka, ice and a needle :roll: )

and then I pierced my right pinkie finger-

I was filling a syringe with a nice 18gauge filter needle from an ampule of medication and it slipped out of my hand... reflexively I went to grab it ... but it bounced back up off the cart and pierced perpendicularly through my finger. Didn't hurt really.... but pulling it back out made me a bit nauseous... :sick:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 9:26 pm
The easily amuse-OH SHINY!

YUCK! Makes me think of Pulp Fiction! My cousin had her tongue pierced.. may still have it done, not sure, but I cringed everytime she would eat and accidently bite the thing...

CRACK...

*shudders*

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 9:44 pm
Milk and kisses

I also had my earlobes pierced when I was barely days old. It was the custom in Spain in the 70s and it's still extremely popular. :roll:

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Sunsilver
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 10:24 pm

So, you're a nurse too, Crystal_Seed?

I did that when I was a student...mixing IV antibiotics. Stuck myself really badly with an 18 guage horse-sticker.

I work in homecare now, and we use a needleless system whenever possible (Interlink). Still, there's always that risk, as we still have to use real needles for subcutaneous and I.M. injections.

Most nurses are against piercings, because most of us know too much about what can go wrong...e.g., the gal that died of a brain abcess from a tongue piercing. I did have my earlobes done at one time, but let the holes grow over. I keep wanting to get them redone, so I can wear earrings again, but every time i muster the courage, either the person who does it isn't in the shop, or the piercing gadget is broken.

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 10:33 pm
Harry Potter's Whore-crux

TheLidlessEyes wrote:
DoTheyGandalf wrote:
I've had my ears pierced since I was a couple of days old
Is it just me, or does everyone want to bitchslap parent who do that? Really, really hard.
It's offered to the parents while the childs still in the hospital in the Philippines...I wish they had left mine alone :P

Mossy: i can just see you being one of those cool teachers who brings in a koala and a criminal when the class is learning about australia
Mossy: "Hi class! Today we're learning about Australia. See this man in the orange jumpsuit? His name is Frank and he's visiting us from jail today! Now, can anyone tell me what our friend Frank has to do with today's lesson?"
Elian wrote:
Everything's better with DTG! ;):D

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 11:21 pm

I want to see their faces when the parents say.. HEAVENS NO!!!!!

We want the little darling's tongue pierced instead...

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 12:37 am

Ewwww piercings.

Never understood the idea of earrings...I'm sorry, to me having things dangle from one's ears always looks ridiculous (I've learned not to laugh at people in public though.:P) It's like hanging ornaments on a Christmas tree!

That, and I'm not a fan of jewellry in general. Blegh.

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Vanaladiel
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 2:23 am

Well, I have two piercings in my left ear and three in my right. I have considered a navel piercing and getting my nose pierced but I havent done it yet.

As to tattoos, I have three and I really like them. I have a hummingbird with roses on my left shoulder, a Celtic oval with JRRT's initials on my right shoulder and a cresent moon with a star on my left ankle. I find them fun but you must really think about what you are going to get cause they are permanent unless you want to pay a fortune to have them removed.

Sorry I couldnt wait till thursday for the tattoo thing.

~*MoonLight Dancer*~

:love:

I married that crazy American!

Profile Quote
Elian
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 3:19 am
Let the dice fly.

I had my ears pierced once...the right one got infected, my earlobe swelled up, basically swallowed the earring, and it had to be pulled out through the back. So, never again.

Pity though, cause I do quite like the look of earrings. Maybe they do look like Christmas tree decorations, but then, I love Christmas ornaments as well. ;)

My freshman year roommate had a tongue piercing...she once swallowed half of it during dinner with her parents, leading to much pain and many tears when she later put one back in, because it had started to heal over already.

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 4:40 am

ok thats just wrong... all of it...

*cringes and then shudders*

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 2:41 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

got my ears pierces twice. (so four holes :P ) i have rings in all four and am thinking about adding one. not sure though.

I used to want my nose pierced but also cancelled that plan. would focuss too much attention on my nose :P Also wanted my navel pierced but i have this weird navel so nope. it hurts when things are pressed upon it.

friend of mine got her tongue pierced and i saw how it happened. ewwwwwwwww but she said it didn't hurt. i still don't believe it :P

as for tats don't get me started :P thinking about getting one but *what* is the issue ;)

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 4:19 pm

I want a Yellow Submarine tattoo.

Just don't know where.

[ img ]

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 7:09 pm

I don't have any piercings, nor do I want any. My daughters wanted standard ear piercings a couple of years ago, and I finally relented and got it done. I had to take them to a tatoo parlour to get it done with a sanitary method. Did you know that they can't autoclave those auto-piercers that they use in shopping malls? Icky! Not safe.

Profile Quote
satch
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:00 pm

Ro, if you weren't already coupled off to a certain dwarf - I'd say get it on your arse. It'd make for amusing tales in the future.

Or you still could, and have a story to tell the grandkids. Either or.
MariaHobbit wrote:
Did you know that they can't autoclave those auto-piercers that they use in shopping malls?
I don't understand any of that... Am I just being really dense?? :scratch Lolol... :help:

"Oats For World Peace!"

Pics from Madagascar: One, Two, Three..., Four!

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:04 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

An autoclave is a device that uses steam to sterilise equipment and other objects. This means that all bacteria, viruses, fungi, and spores are inactivated. However, in 2003 scientists discovered a single-cell organism, Strain 121, that survives autoclave temperatures. Prions also may not be destroyed by autoclaving.

Autoclaves work by allowing steam to enter, and maintaining pressure at 103 kPa (15 lb/in²). This causes the steam to reach 121 °C, and this is maintained for at least 15 minutes.

The high pressure means autoclaves are constructed of strong metal, and are shut very tightly and securely.

Autoclaves are found in hospitals, microbiology labs, and other places that need to ensure sterility of an object.

Because damp heat is used, heat labile products (such as plastics) cannot be sterilised this way or they will melt. Some paper, or other products that may be damaged by the steam, should also be sterilised another way. In stovetop autoclaves, always separate items to allow the steam to penetrate the load evenly.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
satch
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Feb , 2005 8:21 pm

Wow, "clean" would have been so much easier ;). And don't they have those seperate little bits which fix onto the back of the earings anyway, which then get thrown away..??

Least that's what I got last time I got my ears pierced.

Profile Quote
vison
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 3:44 am
Best friends forever

I myself have 2 earrings in each ear. I like them, although since I have this metal allergy I have to have 18 karat gold or better. I feel like a REAL princess, ya know? Common metal is not refined enough for me. :D

Where I live we have a lot of East Indian jewellers. To Indians, anything less than 22 karat gold is costume jewellry. One of the boys who works for us is going to go with me one day to help me buy a pair like he has, they are like little scimitars and excessively cool. He assures me that if I am fool enough to go alone the jeweller will make mincemeat of me and I'll wind up paying five times too much. Sigh. He's probably right.

My son has 27 piercings. He has piercings in places I have not seen since I last changed his diapers. He used to wear a set of chains that ran from his ears to his nose and while it sounds gross it actually looked very neat. A guy asked him once, in a mall, "If I pull your chains, will you flush?" Upon his attempting to find out, he had a misadventure with an escalator that no doubt has prevented him from ever being so rude to a perfect stranger again................

I have no desire at my age to be pierced any further. Nor will I ever get another tattoo. I wouldn't say I'm ashamed of mine, but I do wonder what on earth I was thinking about. It is a lovely tattoo of a butterfly and it was done by a very, very famous tattoo artist, but on the whole, I sorta wish I hadn't.

I think the world is going to be full, one day, of old ladies with tattoos on really saggy bits. This is not a pretty prospect.

Profile Quote
Sunsilver
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 5:30 am

As the nurse said to the pregnant mom: "That's a nice whale tatoo you have."

"It used to be a dolphin" replied the patient.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 5:50 am
Grumpy cuz I can be

:mrgreen:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Feb , 2005 11:08 am

ROFL!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 72 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: