Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
sauronsfinger
Post subject: Re: Pretty'n up Palin
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 1:56 pm

this is cute.... click on the various objects

http://www.palinaspresident.us/" target="_blank" target="_blank

this one is not so much fun but interesting just the same

http://www.palin4pres2012.com/" target="_blank

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Estel
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 7:04 pm
Pure Kitsch Flavor

Damn.

I saw the name of this thread and thought it might be some internet computer came someone had come up with.... like those cut out dolls with cut out clothes that were around in the 80's but on the computer or something.

Damn :P

sauronsfinger
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 7:15 pm

maybe this is it Estel.... merry christmas

http://www.addictinggames.com/sarahpalindressup.html" target="_blank

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

LalaithUrwen
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 7:19 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

:LMAO: That's amusing!

Lali

[ img ]

sauronsfinger
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 7:22 pm

well this is either way better or a lot worse .....

http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-trick ... rah-palin/" target="_blank

TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 10:39 pm
Insolent Pup

Jude-Thank you for putting some perspective on all of this. :cheers:

The 11/3 Project

Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 10:46 pm

It amazes me how much effort is being spent by those who opposed Palin to keep her on the national scene. It's almost as if they would miss her if she were gone.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 10:57 pm
Insolent Pup

I would miss Tina Fey's impersonation.

The 11/3 Project

sauronsfinger
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 11:13 pm

The effort being expended to keep Sarah Palin on the scene is being spent by Sarah Palin. Since the minute she lost, she has done everything she could to stay in the national spotlight and keep those TV lights shining brightly. In week one it was a series of "exclusive" interviews with many national media darlings. Then it was the National Republican Governors Conference in Miami with that enthralling ten minute press conference.

This is a woman who has found a good thing and is not letting go.

Dave_LF
Posted: Tue 09 Dec , 2008 1:23 pm
You are hearing me talk

Quote:
It amazes me how much effort is being spent by those who opposed Palin to keep her on the national scene. It's almost as if they would miss her if she were gone.
A meeting of strategists at the Dole Institute a few days ago concluded (among other things) that for better or for worse, Sarah Palin is the public face of the Republican party for the time being.

TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Tue 09 Dec , 2008 11:25 pm
Insolent Pup

Seems as though Palin and/or the Republicans are doing the most work on keeping her in the public spotlight, despite cries that her critics are doing it out of some kind of severe hatred, and desire to keep that hatred alive.

I notice that the only one who made a claim about the debate skills of the "Left" has been absent from this thread. Hmm?

The 11/3 Project

Eruname
Posted: Tue 09 Dec , 2008 11:38 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Don’t talk to it, Merry. Don’t encourage it!

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

sauronsfinger
Posted: Sat 27 Dec , 2008 9:01 pm

Well the saga does not quit. A Hollywood writer trying to ridicule and mock Palin could not do any worse than this dose of reality:
Quote:
Too many crooks in Palin’s kitchen?

Just when you thought they were out, something happened to drag them back in. No, I was not referring to a character on the Sopranos. On the contrary, I was addressing the glare of publicity that was moving from conservatives to liberals in the wake of the Blagojevich scandal.

Fox News believed they had found an opening to resume their personal attacks versus our first black president. However, leave it to George W. Bush and Sarah Palin to once again focus the country’s attention on Republican family values.

The first shoe to drop was that of an enraged Iraqi journalist who used his footwear as a projectile to interrupt President Bush’s “Mission Accomplished” speech in Baghdad.

And just when you thought the Palin soap opera was over, in an ironic twist of fate, her daughter’s future mother-in-law, Sherry L. Johnston, was arrested on drug charges in Wasilla, the crystal meth capital of Alaska.

It seems to the average American that the tanks some politicians swim in are larger than others. I don’t know how bad the fish in each tank smell, but I do believe the tank in Wasilla is a tad smaller than the tank in Chicago.

I wonder what the tank would smell like if a black man from an urban environment had an unmarried, pregnant teenage daughter whose future mother-in-law was busted on felony drug charges? It would seem to me that an African-American man would have never stood for high office. Then why does the media give Sarah Palin a pass relating to this confluence?

What’s more egregious, a governor selling a senate seat, or a governor’s relatives selling drugs? After all, isn’t turnabout fair play or does guilt by association only apply to minorities?
Alaska is one wacky place.

TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Tue 30 Dec , 2008 1:01 am
Insolent Pup

Quote:
Then why does the media give Sarah Palin a pass relating to this confluence?
She is just a hockey mom, Washington outsider trying to bring legitimacy back to the White House in 2010. These attacks on her intelligence, her associates, and her basic values are just the result of a leftist media that hates women.

The 11/3 Project

Ara-anna
Posted: Tue 30 Dec , 2008 3:29 pm
Daydream Believer

Her daughter had a baby boy, named it Trip. I am guessing it was what she was on when he was concieved maybe.

And in the not so newsworthy news, you know the ah who gives a crap news, Isreal and Hamas are beginning WWIII. :cheers:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

MariaHobbit
Posted: Tue 30 Dec , 2008 4:38 pm

Ara wrote:
...Isreal and Hamas are beginning WWIII
:spider:
:salmon:
Don't say that!
:scared:

[ img ]

Ara-anna
Posted: Thu 08 Jan , 2009 8:45 pm
Daydream Believer

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200901 ... tico/17217" target="_blank
Quote:
Gov. Sarah Palin (R-Alaska) believes Caroline Kennedy is getting softer press treatment in her pursuit of the New York Senate seat than Palin did as the GOP vice presidential nominee because of Kennedy’s social class.

“I’ve been interested to see how Caroline Kennedy will be handled and if she will be handled with kid gloves or if she will be under such a microscope,” Palin told conservative filmmaker John Ziegler during an interview Monday for his upcoming documentary film, “How Obama Got Elected.” Excerpts from the interview were posted on YouTube Wednesday evening.
The link as the rest of the story.

I almost laughed at this. Caroline Kennedy apparently hasn't been under the media microscope. :suspicious: :Q Yes, of course Caroline has never once been in the media spotlight, not once in her entire freakin life. Her father was the President of the US, who was murdered on national TV, and who is still hounded even though he is dead. Her mother was one of the few women in the world who will be remembered for a very very long time. She held the hand of her mother while her brother saluted her father’s casket. Did I mention her brother and his wife were killed in an airplane accident? And everyone had to tune into his funeral?

Her uncle was killed, which was shown on TV, still is. There are conspiracy theories run rampant over both her fathers and uncles deaths.

Her father’s affairs, including the one with one of the most famous actresses in the entire world, now or ever, have been splashed all over everywhere. Happy Birthday Mr. President….well his daughter got to live through this too.

Her mother was a fashion icon, probably still is by some. I do agree that Jackie O did have a good sense of style, far better than the GOP committee that picked out Palin’s outfit.

And yet this person from Alaska, who happens to be its governor, has the gall and audacity to compare her 18 year old daughters unwed pregnancy to Caroline Kennedy and even is low enough to say that Bristol has been under more media coverage.

Well Ms. Palin, once your daughter lives through what Caroline Kennedy has lived through, you can compare your teenage unwed daughter to Caroline Kennedy, until then shut up.

Maybe Ms. Palin is affraid that Ms. Kennedy will be on the 2012 ticket.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

sauronsfinger
Posted: Thu 08 Jan , 2009 10:15 pm

Yes, I agree completely. It would be difficult to imagine anyone growing up with more attention on them than Ms. Kennedy unless you were some TV child star. Palin seems to feel that its not enough to be handed a giant break in life - the VP selection of which she was totally unworthy - but now she must begrudge anyone else who moves a bit beyond her station in life. It is really bizarre. If Palin so desired, she could make millions each year as a talking head on Fox News and really rake it in while she is able. Lets face it, as soon as the figure sags and the face needs more work than just expensive make-up artists, her popularity and marketability will fade as well. She really should take the money and run.

TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Thu 08 Jan , 2009 11:50 pm
Insolent Pup

sauronsfinger wrote:
Yes, I agree completely. It would be difficult to imagine anyone growing up with more attention on them than Ms. Kennedy unless you were some TV child star. Palin seems to feel that its not enough to be handed a giant break in life - the VP selection of which she was totally unworthy - but now she must begrudge anyone else who moves a bit beyond her station in life. It is really bizarre. If Palin so desired, she could make millions each year as a talking head on Fox News and really rake it in while she is able. Lets face it, as soon as the figure sags and the face needs more work than just expensive make-up artists, her popularity and marketability will fade as well. She really should take the money and run.

Shhhhhh, don't give her any ideas.

The 11/3 Project

sauronsfinger
Posted: Fri 09 Jan , 2009 1:49 am

When I read Padme's post earlier today I had not yet seen the interview she so accurately discussed and disected. Just saw it now and I must say that it is even more horrid than described by Padme who was being polite and ladylike in her restraint. She is a better person that I am because I thought Palin came off more of a horses hind quarters than I could have even suspected.

Not only did Palin knock Caroline Kennedy for being from a different "class" than she evidently believes she is from, but she ripped into Tina Fey, Katie Couric and even the sainted Keith Olbermann who she described as "evil". Well I never!!!!
Fey "exploited her". Couric evidently thinks she is the center of the universe and did not like Palin because she does not sympathize with that belief.

It is all just too weird.

Oh - and Palin has 60,000 people on her mailing list who have signed up to help her become the next president after Obama. Sleep well folks.

Last edited by sauronsfinger on Fri 09 Jan , 2009 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 3 of 6  [ 119 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: