board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

By popular demand: The MBTI

Post Reply   Page 12 of 15  [ 285 posts ]
Jump to page « 110 11 12 13 14 15 »
What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
INTP

13% [ 9 ]
INTJ

19% [ 14 ]
ENTP

1% [ 1 ]
ENTJ

3% [ 2 ]
INFP

18% [ 13 ]
INFJ

14% [ 10 ]
ENFP

4% [ 3 ]
ENFJ

6% [ 4 ]
ISTJ

10% [ 7 ]
ISFJ

8% [ 6 ]
Other SJ

1% [ 1 ]
SP

3% [ 2 ]
Total votes: 72
Tinsel_the_Elf
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 15 Dec , 2005 9:33 pm
* trolley dodger *

Lord_Morningstar wrote:
Anthriel---INFJ
Tinsel_the_Elf wrote:
I usually test as an INFJ, though the "J" is only slightly realized (11%) and the "N" just a bit more so. Very solidly 'introverted' and 'feeling' oriented, however. :D
We just realized why we assimilate so easily. :D

~ Anthriensel

Omnia Vincit Amor; Et Nos Cedamus Amori

Need a Laugh? Generate a Laugh!
[ img ]
LOTR Caption Competition #24--->Sauron Gives Isildur the Finger.

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Dec , 2005 9:05 pm

Wanted to point out that, having known Incurable for several years, I am very certain that he is an ESFP. That makes Inky the only identified SP on the board.

Congrats, Inky, you're special!

Profile Quote
Incurable
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Dec , 2005 9:47 pm
The man...The Kilt...The POWER!

Wow Yovy, I do remember taking this test in my psych class in college in 97' At that point I tested as INFJ, with tendencies toward ENFJ. Remember I was the least popular person in my class. So it is possible my personality has changed in the last 8 years. thanks for the vote of confidence though. :cheers:
Inky

[ img ]
'Steve, sex with two whole women, think of the advantages...they can't both fall asleep. If one of them suddenly leaves or punches you, you've still got one left. If one of them plays that old sneaking out of the window trick, there's someone there to untie you. It's total genius.'

Profile Quote
Lord_Morningstar
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Dec , 2005 9:55 pm

XNFJ vs ESFP

Alright, something's a bit odd here :scratch:

[Space for Rent]

Profile Quote
yovargas
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 22 Dec , 2005 10:01 pm

Remember, testing really sucks sometimes. Maria tested as an SJ at first iirc. I'm more certain that Inky is an ESFP (at least SFP) than I am that I'm an NT.

Profile Quote
Incurable
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 23 Dec , 2005 12:09 am
The man...The Kilt...The POWER!

Your Type is
ESFP
Extroverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
89 25 75 11

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
very expressed extrovert

moderately expressed sensing personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

You are an ESFP!
As an ESTP, you are Extraverted, Sensing, Feeling , Perceiving.
This makes your primary focus on Extraverted Sensing with Introverted Feeling.

This is defined as a SP personality, which is part of Carl Jung's Artisans (Sensation Seeking) type, and more specifically the Performers

You are fun, and like to make others have fun, and this will make you have a well-liked weblog. You like learning in a hands-on way, and so you may have someone else do the behind the scenes things of your blog, and just be happy making shorter posts about the people you love. Theory is not your strong point, and so long analysis wouldn't fit in with the normal posting style.

I would not have believed it Yovy, but there you have it. Two different tests same result. Good call man. I read the breakdown and I fit 98% of it. You rock Yovy

Inky

[ img ]
'Steve, sex with two whole women, think of the advantages...they can't both fall asleep. If one of them suddenly leaves or punches you, you've still got one left. If one of them plays that old sneaking out of the window trick, there's someone there to untie you. It's total genius.'

Profile Quote
Lord_Morningstar
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 23 Dec , 2005 12:39 am

Incurable added

[Space for Rent]

Profile Quote
TheMary
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Dec , 2005 7:36 pm
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map, And knew that somehow I could find my way back; Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too - So I stayed in the darkness with you

I bounce between ESFJ and ESFP but I am a Gemini so....

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

Profile Quote
elfshadow
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Dec , 2005 9:39 pm
Kill the headlights and put it in neutral

Hey, L_M, after reading up a lot more on the MBTI I have determined that the first test I took was wrong...do you think you could switch me to INFP? :) Thanks!

Profile Quote
Lord_Morningstar
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 27 Dec , 2005 10:03 pm

Elfshadow listed as INFP.

[Space for Rent]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 Jan , 2006 6:35 pm

The oddest thing happened today: We have had quite a personnel turnover at work in the past year- and the lab supervisor finally had all three of her new employees tested, and ALL THREE turned out to be INFJs. :scratch:

What are the odds? My INFJ daughter used to work in the lab and got along well with the ESFJ supervisor- and we went through a LOT of would be employees who either quit or got fired quickly by the supervisor. She's said she's very happy with the new crop of employees, and it turns out that they are all the same type.

How weird is that???? Especially with INFJ's who comprise only 2% of the population. :scratch: And I've been testing as INFJ more often than not, nowadays, so that makes over half our company of the INFJ type.

Maybe the test I've been linking to for typing people is skewed :suspicious: It's this one: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Or maybe INFJ's are the type that gets along best with this ESFJ supervisor, and thus they stay? I know she doesn't like to push people, and INFJ's like to do the right thing all on their own... so maybe that's why this is working out like this. But it's still weird.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alatar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 Jan , 2006 10:06 pm
of Vinyamar

Can someone explain this to me? I've been discussing this over on HoF with yova and Lord_M and this is exactly the sort of thing I was complaining about. According to Wikipedia:
Quote:
Ethics

Before purchasing the test, practitioners are required to consent to an ethical code, in addition to meeting the educational requirements of class B and C psychological tests and assessments. After consenting to this code the usage of the indicator is largely unmonitored, which sometimes leads to abuses of the instrument. The ethical code contains, but is not limited to, the following points:

1. Results should be given directly to respondents and are strictly confidential, including from employers.
How then is what happened at MH's place allowed?

[ img ]
These are my friends, see how they glisten...

Profile Quote
Lord_Morningstar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 Jan , 2006 10:49 pm

No idea.

Tests are unreliable anyway.

[Space for Rent]

Profile Quote
WampusCat
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 10 Jan , 2006 12:25 am

At my workplace the test was given years ago as an attempt at teambuilding. Best I can recall, groups were educated on the typing so they'd better understand their co-workers, but we were told our individual results confidentially.

Then of course everybody told their type to everybody else and lists began to circulate of who was what. So confidentiality went out the window, but not at management's behest.

Word shaper / Soul tender / Melody maker

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 10 Jan , 2006 3:35 pm

It was just an internet test. :roll: It never occurred to us to keep the results private- where's the fun in that? It's only useful as a tool for understanding your coworker if you know what type your coworker is!

Seeing that your type describes you correctly is only useful in verifying that the system is accurate. The important part is to read up on the people you don't understand, and try to get a feel for what makes them tick.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Anthriel
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 10 Jan , 2006 4:30 pm
Seeking my nitid muliebrity

I found GREAT usefulness in learning my type, and reading up on that category.

At the risk of sounding a little woo-woo, I got goose bumps when I read that profile.

It mentioned that INFJ's could be enigmatic, and can be difficult for others to understand. It mentioned that INFJ's are often mistaken for extraverts, because their feeling component is so strong. It pointed out that INFJ's are almost empathic in their ability to resonate with someone else's feelings. It pointed out that INFJ's often feel the pain of others so clearly that it is quite painful personally.

You have NO idea how comforting it was for me to read all that.

I have had to tell people repeatedly, for years, that I am "actually" quite introverted. :roll:

Actually. Quite. Introverted.

Off the scale, almost. I'm a scary diehard true-blue card-carrying introvert. When you look up "introvert" in the dictionary, you find my picture. It was a weird fact that even though I KNOW that I feel this way,I had to SELL it to people.

No one believed me. I had people tell me that's NOT the way I feel. Uh-uh. YOU are an extravert, honey. Admit it.

:Q

And when I would pull away from the crowds, and go off and happily be by myself for hours, (one of the funniest things, to me, is the question "do you enjoy solitary walks?" My feeling was... um... who doesn't? :P) I really would confuse people. They sometimes thought I was angry at them, or something.

I have never typed anyone else, although I have sent this software on to people. I do, however, now look at a guy I work with and say "wow, is he ever a "P". :) I wouldn't ask him to take the test and tell me his type, but his "P"ness just radiates from him. And since I am quite heavily "J", being aware of our differences does make a difference in our relationship, at least for me.

So where am I going with this? I'm not sure, really. :) Just... there is value in knowing your OWN type. Quite separate from knowing how your type interacts with others.

I feel like I've finally been given permission to be me. :) I'm not a weirdo. I'm just an INFJ, dammit.

:Wooper:

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 10 Jan , 2006 4:44 pm

OK, you're right! :D I guess it is helpful to people who actually do test consistantly! ;)

If INFJ's are often mistaken for extroverts, then it's impossible that I could be one. There is no way in the world I could be mistaken by anyone as an extrovert. I'm so quiet in person that it makes people nervous.

I take spells of "J"ness- but they never last long. I can emulate the condition, that's all.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 10 Jan , 2006 7:48 pm

Yesterday, when the supervisor and I were talking about the results of the tests, and she wondered aloud what one of the part-timers who wasn't there that day might score as.

I told her, "I bet he's an INTJ. He's got that gawky, geeky look that reminds me of my son, and that's what my son is."

Well, I just got him to take the test, and he is an INTJ! :LMAO: Yay me! :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 27 Feb , 2006 7:23 pm

An interesting test: http://www.personaldna.com/ :) I came out the equivalent of an INFJ this time. I like the slidebars and graph usage on the test. :)

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 27 Feb , 2006 7:38 pm
TTBK's cemmie

Anthriel wrote:
I feel like I've finally been given permission to be me. :) I'm not a weirdo. I'm just an INFJ, dammit.

:Wooper:
Anthy, I *am* a wierdo! ;)

Something that was very useful for me to learn about my personality was the control issues. I always just thought I was taking after my mom. Well, I am to a degree, because she is also probably INFP, but it's deeper than that. Just for me to read this: In group situations, they may have a "control" problem. The INFP needs to work on balancing their high ideals with the requirements of every day living. Made me go *whew* it's not just me, nor me being my mom!

Not that I've "fixed" that problem or anything... :whistle: but it is nice to know that something I thought was just me going crazy is mostly just me... being myself! :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 12 of 15  [ 285 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 110 11 12 13 14 15 »
Jump to: