board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

CSI - Crime Scene Investigation

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Kaya
Post subject: CSI - Crime Scene Investigation
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 9:24 am

CSI – I love that show, it’s as simple as that. I love it for the fact for once it’s not about muscled heroes and damsels in distress. This is about the nerds who did their homework, who are passionate about solving the puzzle. It addresses crimes from a very original angle: that of science. I think the plots are very intriguing and the actors do their job well. (I’m even into collecting the DVD’s now :roll:)

As for the spin offs: I watch CSI: Miami as well and quite like it, but the ‘original’ will always be my favourite. CSI: NY I have not been able to see yet (apart from that introduction episode in CSI: Miami), and I’ll probably leave it like that. Don’t want to overdo it either. :P

Here’s the official website: CSI

Did I already mention I love it?

How about you?

Be like a duck, my mother used to tell me. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like hell underneath.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 10:59 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Between the CSI and Law and Order spin-offs, I can only thank my mother for setting me straight as to which is which. Since she's been watching LAO: Special Victims Unit and the original CSI, so have I.

It seems hard to lose with these kind of shows. I mean, someone dies in the first two minutes, then you spend an hour unravelling clues and trying to figure out who's guilty, then your mystery is solved at the end of the show. Desperate Housewives and Lost are making you wait til the end of the season or even the series to give any goods. :D I'm liking SVU more than CSI, though, because Marg Helgenburg has had so much obvious work done on her that she bugs me, and William Peterson is frustratingly one-note. Would have liked him to have more of a personality.

I do like it, though! I just don't watch it as much. But it certainly satisfies the part of me that once wanted to pursue that line of work. The show is surprisingly graphic. Makes one wonder why other series are censored when CSI gets away with a lot.

The last episode I watched had a supposed prison escapee who tried to hitch a ride out on a bus but her body was sliced up on the way. That was a good one, with a sad ending.

I also happened to watch the episode with the boxer who injected mercury into his gloves to knock out his opponent right after I came back from MILLION DOLLAR BABY. :P Amazing the stuff you learn on this show.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Jnyusa
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 06 Mar , 2005 7:22 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

The only show I make a point of watching every week. I'm missing Las Vegas this year because of my teaching schedule, but I always watch Miami. Have only seen NY once or twice and don't like it as much as the other two.

Jn

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment”
Jump to: