board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

"To Hell with this!" Ever walked out on a film?

Post Reply   Page 2 of 6  [ 102 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 7:05 pm
b77 whipping boy

that only works if YOU drove :D

It's funny, cause we all have such obviously different tastes.

I couldn't STAND King Arthur, although I think it might have had something to do with seeing the directors cut. Endless battle sequences with no purpose whatsoever...

It might have just rubbed me the wrong way that all but Arthur were portrayed as Anti-Christian... which goes against almost everything in the Arthurian Legend.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 7:24 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Re: the director's cut.

They completely got rid of two or three scenes. :Q They don't even show up in the documentaries. I hate that. I get the Nice Big Better Editions for added scenes, not the deletion of ones I already enjoyed.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 7:57 pm
His Rosyness

*E*, could you post a very brief description of the scenes that were left out of the King Arthur directors cut?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Nienor SharkAttack
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 7:59 pm

Iavas_Saar wrote:
Quote:
You walked out of "Evolution"? The movie with the shampoo! No!
shampoo?
Berhael wrote:
Yeah... Head & Shoulders :LMAO:
I thought "Evolution" was fun in a crappy way. But I was watching it mostly for the eye candy, aka David Duchovny. :drool:
[ img ]

Fun in a crappy way indeed! :D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Mar , 2005 8:05 pm
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

Iavas, the one that struck me most was a campfire scene that took place after the boys had left on their mission, but before they were trapped by the woads. This is where Lancelot makes a comment about one (or more) of the knights' children looking like him.

The scene possibly happened earlier, though, in light of the scene where Bors looks at his child and then at Lancelot and says, 'you look nothing like him..." but I am pretty sure it came later. I'll pop the movie in and see if anything else comes to mind. I just remember being surprised at a few things missing from the theatre. I only saw it twice, but I remember most of it.

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Mar , 2005 11:20 am
Gloriosus

Aw yes, Griff! Solaris! That was a planet covered by an ocean of Schmaltz. And the train wreck comparison hits the point. Beautifully filmed, though, which would be a plus for every othe movie EXCEPT Solaris, which has to look strange and bewildering, not beautiful.

King Arthur -- nah, I wrote more than enough about that.

"120 days" is after a book by Marquis de Sade. Really horrible, and horribly realistic.

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Mar , 2005 11:28 am

1. Have you ever walked out of a movie?
Alexander. I can't recall any other time. I loathe leaving in the middle of a film. I even sat all the way through Twisted...and poor Estel was with me. :P
Oh, wait...there was one time when I was at a festival, and a German movie didn't have subtitles...It was also shot on digital and ugly so I didn't feel bad.
I've fallen asleep in a lot of movies though, mostly during festivals. Teknolust and Hotel spring to mind... yerch.

2. How long did you give it before you left?
It wasn't how long I gave the movie, it was how long my cramps gave me. Feeling physically sick is pretty much the only reason I'll leave a film.

3. Did you ask for, or get, your money back?
It was a festival screening. :P

4. Did you ever see that film at a later date and stuck around for the whole thing?
Nah.

5. How about a rented movie? Did you ever give up on one of those and send them back to the store before you finished it?
Yes, but only because I had no time to watch it. Movie marathons can do that.
I also have a copy of 'Italian for beginners' that I want to give away. It came free with a magazine so I bought it, but I never realised it was a Dogme film. With a few notable exceptions, I can't stand Dogme films.

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Mar , 2005 11:50 am

What are Dogme films, Ro? :)
Rodia wrote:
Feeling physically sick is pretty much the only reason I'll leave a film.
I had strep throat when I saw THE MATRIX and was on all these pills. Was tripping out before the film even started.

That was some night.

I was sick to my stomach when I saw PEARL HARBOUR. No, seriously. ;) And I'd been able to control it through the first five hours until, of course, the part I'd come to see - the bombing of Pearl Harbour - began and I had to miss it cuz I was ralphing into a toilet in the washroom.

Speaking of which, the other week, I noticed one of the stall doors kicked in at my theatre and wondered if a crime had taken place. :( A few days later, I was back there and happened to use the same stall, which I only realized after I closed the door and the whole thing fell right in. I was like - :Q :Q *walks away quickly* lmfao Lazy theatre employees. FIX THE DAMN DOOR!!!

Thank fud I wasn't in the stall when that happened. :rofl: :rofl::rofl:
  • "News at 11: Fat film geek found unconscious in public washroom. Sex cult suspected."

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
samaranth
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 2:59 am

The only film I have ever walked out on was 'Renaldo and Clara', the Bob Dylan film about, well, I'm not 100% sure.

I usually make myself stay right through to the bitter end, even when the movie is dreadful, and then I grumble about it for ever afterwards. But in the case of R & C, it was being screened in a local arthouse cinema with seats like wooden planks (and this is a long movie). Plus the air-conditioning broke down, and as it was midsummer, and very very hot, it all became too much very quickly. We weren't the only ones who left either. I've never been tempted to go and see the film again...it was, in my view, a self-indulgent piece of cinema.

Profile Quote
notlistening
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 4:04 am

I so wanted to walk out on the film "Closer" but stayed until the end because my friend wanted to. She's doing psyche stuff and relationships. The movie posters said stuff about love at first sight etc etc so I was thinking nice mushy girly film and a decent cast but was quite right. I'm sure there was some language used I have never heard before. Shold have looked closer at the rating so it was kinda my fault. Will CHECK with a reviewer next time...

[ img ]

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 6:13 am
The easily amuse-OH SHINY!

EVOLUTION?!?!?!?

THAT MOVIE WAS MADE AT MY UNIVERSITY!!

I was there. :P i watched them film it.. My friend and I came walking out of the library adn were standing on a bridge thingy talking and all of a sudden someone yelled action and a whole bunch of people started moving all around us.. oops:P a few minutes later someone came over and said.. I don't think you two are supposed to be here :P

I told him well its my school damn it, maybe you should do a better job of keeping people from walking out the library doors huh!

That was fun :D:D my one and only time on a movie set ;)

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
Iavas_Saar
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 9:19 am
His Rosyness

Well, I think Solaris is great, so there!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Mummpizz
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 9:46 am
Gloriosus

Iavas_Saar wrote:
Well, I think Solaris is great, so there!
Happily I notice that I'm already aquainted to disagreeing with you.

– – –

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 10:06 am
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

I walked out of Underworld, but now enjoy it.

I walked out of Alexander, of course.

I walked out of Free Willy, which turned out to be a very different film to the one I had anticipated.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 1:11 pm

:damnfunny

I liked Solaris too. Both of them.

*E*, Dogme films are boring and ugly. :P

http://www.dogme95.dk/menu/menuset.htm

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Myst
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 6:09 pm
Fog Free

*E* wrote:
I loved KING ARTHUR, too, Myst. Clive Owen, w00t w00t!!!
Ioan Gruffudd, w00t w00t!!!11 :D

As for Keanu, I agree with most of your comments. He's not about to win an acting award anytime soon but he's a cool guy. (Although if Stallone could squeeze a Golden Globes nom for "Copland", there's still hope yet for Keanu!) He doesn't have diva fits on the set *coughCrowecough* and usually stays out of the limelight unless he's doing press junkets. He's sooo private, I had no idea he was Canadian to begin with. I always assumed he was the typical Southern Cali surfer dude. Whoa! :roll:

Clearly the action genre is more suited to his rather limited acting abilities. "Speed" and "The Matrix" remain my fav picks. And I've seen a LOT of his movies, including his acting debut in a TV movie, "The Brotherhood of Justice" back in the late 80's. Dude has definitely come a loooong way! Have you seen "Constantine"? I suppose he hasn't improved much in the acting department, has he? :pray:;)
Quote:
"Friends don't let friends stick around for shit-ass movies."
I'll drink to that! :drunk:

Because I ended up watching "Paycheck" and "Cradle 2 the Grave" with my girlfriends the last few times we were out together. :roll:

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 7:15 pm
Not so deep as a well

My Dinner with Andre
Endless Love (Brooke Shields before Princeton)
ummmm...
That may be it.

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 8:31 pm
The easily amuse-OH SHINY!

the one I SHOULD have walked out of..

8mm..

I hate that movie.. i will never ever watch it again. its just... theres no reason for it.. they made an entire movie just so say there are really sick fucking people in the world.. gee thanx.. already knew that.. i didnt need to waste my money to go watch it..

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 8:56 pm

I dunno, Joaquin was pretty hot in that one, Gims...

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 10:48 pm
Insolent Pup

I've never walked out on a film, despite some that were awful. I figured that since I took the time out to see it and paid my money I might as well see how it ends. I've walked out of rooms at people's houses when they were watching movies I didn't like. I saw 5 minutes of Scream and thought, 'this is stupid'.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 6  [ 102 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: