The Last Homely Site on the Web

March 15th, the Incredibles comes out on DVD

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 27 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject: March 15th, the Incredibles comes out on DVD
Posted: Fri 11 Mar , 2005 4:11 pm
Insolent Pup

I realize this is a movie aimed at kids, but has anyone seen it? I have and I must get the dvd. For an animated movie, it was successful in being enjoyable for kids and adults. It was one of the few adult movies that also succeeded in portraying animated characters who achieved real human emotion. Some scenes made you feel quite deeply for the characters and in an adult way, not just the way it can make a kid feel for them.

Any thoughts?

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Mar , 2005 5:21 pm
Not so deep as a well

Having been out of circulation visavis movies for a bit (thank you, my dear child) I have been awaiting the DVD release eagerly.

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Mar , 2005 5:39 pm
b77 whipping boy

It's an excellent film. Voice acting is phenominal, and the characters bring super heroes to life unlike most of the genre.

Definitely getting the DVD. Plus, there's a new short on there!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Mar , 2005 7:18 pm
Living in hope

I can't wait for this one. Not only is it a lot of fun as a film--it's emotionally affecting, and it's a more truthful portrayal of family life than a lot of dead-serious live-action dramas I've seen.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Marty
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 11 Mar , 2005 11:44 pm

It's not aimed at kids. It's one of those films that has appeal across all ages. Otherwise, how would it have done so well?

Profile Quote
Whistler
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Mar , 2005 3:12 am

An extremely sophisticated film, and very dangerous and risky for its genre. Some parents were quite shocked to find that it addressed real family issues with such directness.

And of course it's sublimely executed, as is everything from Pixar.

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Mar , 2005 3:21 am
Insolent Pup

Quote:
thank you, my dear child
:scratch

It definitely was a sophisticated movie and very risky for its genre. I wonder if we can expect more movies like this from Pixar.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Whistler
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Mar , 2005 3:29 am

It looks as though their next movie, "Cars," will be a return to more child-oriented work. Still, I have enough faith in them to assume that they know what they're doing. They're the closest thing to perfection in the entertainment industry, in my opinion.

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Mar , 2005 12:35 pm

It's been a long long long time since I've seen grown men and women laugh so much coming out of a movie. All the way home we were saying "Oh and remember when he...and did you see how she....and THAT was so cool!". I mean...this is film school students I'm talking about, normally we're a lot more sophisticated when discussing movies. :P But after this one it was just bright eyes and we were kids again.

Excellent!

March 15th is my birthday nudge nudge hint hint.

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Rowanberry
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Mar , 2005 10:34 pm
Can never be buggered at all

Must rent it as soon as it is released, and buy it if it turns out to be as good as everyone says.

People, you and me, are not trusted. The right doesn't like us because we don't do what we're told by our betters, and the left doesn't like us because it secretly thinks we would be on the right given half a chance and a lottery win. And both think we should not make our own decisions, because we might make the wrong ones. ~ Terry Pratchett

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 12 Mar , 2005 10:48 pm
Living in hope

When they're driving on the freeway trying to find the right exit--just one of so many superb bits--what they said to each other and their level of exasperation were both perfect. My husband and I were leaning on each other howling in a most undignified way. That might have been the point where the kids moved to another row.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 14 Mar , 2005 6:33 pm
b77 whipping boy

I saw this again on my plane flight... SO GOOD. Every character moment is brilliantly perfect. The interaction between the whole family is unbelievably realistic.

I so do love the homage's to the Fantastic Four too :)

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Winged Balrog
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 14 Mar , 2005 7:03 pm
Marshmallow Toaster

I wanted to see this film at the theatre, but the wife wasn't interested. She just doesn't like the 3D animated movies of late, preferring the older 2D animated fare (which I also like). I'm glad it's finally coming out of DVD so I can see it! I think Brad Bird is a very clever writer, and I love the concept of the film!

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 12:02 pm
Milk and kisses

Absolutely superb. :) I want to start collecting all of Pixar's offerings on DVD, and I think I'll start with this one.

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Aglanor
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 12:39 pm
Morituri Nolumus Mori

Best animation ever! The stereotypes, complete with the awesome design, animation and voice-acting make it just great. Frozone was awesome, IncrediBoy (the young version especially) was awesome and all the Incredibles were awesome. Not to mention Edna Mode...;):D:D

Must have!

"The moon reflects in her eyes,
And tears fall down like stars.
Her gentle kiss goodnight;
Her dagger stuck in my heart.
My love broken and betrayed
And my eyes are closed tight,
As death now does us part."

A Rune engraved on my heart...

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 15 Mar , 2005 1:01 pm
Milk and kisses

Darling! :D

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
TheEllipticalDisillusion
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 6:14 am
Insolent Pup

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Someone bought the Incredibles today............!!!! I got to watch it, too. Sooo good.

The 11/3 Project

Profile Quote
Lidless
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 1:47 pm
Als u het leven te ernstig neemt, mist u de betekenis.

Looks like we have two copies. I bought it on Tuesday, forgetting I had already ordered in on Amazon. Oops.

There are many subtle workings in it, but my favorite subtlety was the family fighting over the remote near the end.

A great movie, though 20 minutes could have been lopped off. It does drag a bit in the first half.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 5:14 pm
b77 whipping boy

It does seem to drag a little at the beginning, and then switches gears because after Mr Incredible is captured, all the action goes to the rest of the family.

I think pretty much the training montage is the part that I would cut. I don't think the "out of shape super hero" bit really played out to its full potential.

Profile Quote
Di of Long Cleeve
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 17 Mar , 2005 5:31 pm
Frodo's girl through and through

I didn't like it that much. :scratch

I got bored.

The animation is fabulous and Edna Mode is very funny :D and I did like the characters, but ... I felt it went on far too long.

And I got bored.

Now, 'Finding Nemo' was the total charm for me. :) So damn funny :LMAO: and charming and witty and sophisticated. :)

"Frodo undertook his quest out of love - to save the world he knew from disaster at his own expense, if he could ... " Letter no. 246

Avatar by elanordh on Live Journal

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 27 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: