But not around me! :rage:

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 2:28 pm
Same as it ever was

gimli -

Would it be okay if I clearly mark them as spoilers and then hide the text?

Just asking. Here in the states, it goes back into repeat epis starting tonight. "All THE BEST COWBOYS HAVE DADDY ISSUES" is on tonight. It is the second Jack centered epi.

My own theory changed quite a bit last week when we saw Hurley's ep, and since many of you have not seen that one yet, just let me say that it gives a lot more info and clues about the island than most other epis have.

I tend to think that there is a more pseudo-scientific explanation that the writers are going for, although my theory cannot account for some things that have happened so far, so I know there is more to it than my meager little guesses.

Needless to say, I love this show, it has gotten me thoroughly hooked, which is something rather rare for me. :D

Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 miles per second, is a cow that has been dropped from a helicopter.

Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

- Dave Barry

Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive...
Supermassive Black Hole.

- Muse

[ img ]

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 2:31 pm
b77 whipping boy

Hmm... I feel sad people aren't able to have seen it all yet... but I also can't seem to envision a thread where The Watcher and I (and others possibly?) keep responding to each other with discussion all in spoiler text :D

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 3:54 pm
Living in hope

There seems to be a lot of interest, and we have more people arriving every day. Perhaps we could sustain both spoiler and non-spoiler threads?

Of course, when I've seen that done in the past for other shows or films, the non-spoiler threads tend to languish and die, no matter what people say about hating spoilers. . . . :scratch

[ img ]

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 4:04 pm
Same as it ever was

I'm up for whatever - it is unfortunate that everyone seems to be on different schedules week to week for viewing, I was not aware of that problem.

Should we start a seperate thread for spoilers and spoiler discussion only?

I can certainly understand those who do not want to know about what they have not been able to see for themselves, especially eps like Hurley's. It would rather spoil everything that came beforehand.

Oh, Kristen over on E Online had some more goodies about the season finale, as well!! Darn frikkin frakkin hiatus - GRRRRRR!!!

Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 miles per second, is a cow that has been dropped from a helicopter.

Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

- Dave Barry

Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive...
Supermassive Black Hole.

- Muse

[ img ]

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 4:40 pm
The easily amuse-OH SHINY!

Its up to you guys.. I am in California, so I am watching the same time the rest of you are. I'm not worried about that, I just dont want to know the stuff that is being discussed for later in the season on the rumor websites! Obviously its sorta hard to talk about a show if we cant discuss the show :P I dont have a problem with talking about current episodes and so forth.. I'd prefer that really. Just not what rumors are going on about the future for the show.

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 4:44 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

the pilot gets continued this Friday so Friday is my LOST day yay! :D

and nice work on the spoiler test Watcher :cheers

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 5:22 pm
Same as it ever was

So, how about this, gimli?

Anything that is posted here that is the current epi in the states, we talk about vaguely without spoiler tags, but if it is specific stuff that those overseas may not have yet seen, we spoiler code it and identify it as "Current Epi Spoiler." If it is something regarding future and as of yet unaired epis, we mark it "Future Spoiler" and tag it the same way. If it is just rumor and or speculation, not based on concrete things having been stated, then it just gets treated as general discussion, such as "When is Claire going to have that baby" or "Which character will die" etc.

Thoughts?

I agree it is just too hard to talk about a show if one needs to be so vague about everything, so, what do the others of you posting here think?

Gack! Edit for clarity.

Last edited by The Watcher on Wed 09 Mar , 2005 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Dave Barry

Supermassive Black Hole.

- Muse

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Myst
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 5:28 pm
Fog Free

I am NOT reading any posts in this thread!

Because LOST is going to debut in my area on March 17! w00t!!!111 :cheerleader:

And um, I like the spoiler procedure Watcher has proposed. Ok, so I peeked at a post or two...:oops:

:D

Profile Quote
Farawen
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 5:29 pm
Far out

Sounds good to me, Watcher. :)

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 5:43 pm

Yea that sounds pretty good.. someone will just have to tell me how to make the color change :P

ok ok.. kidding. I *think* i can figure it out...
Quote:
is this how you do it?

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 5:54 pm
b77 whipping boy

I went back and spoilerized my recap of the Hurley episode, as it is rather critical, so DON'T READ IT, if you haven't at least seen most of the eps :D

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 6:11 pm
Same as it ever was

hey, halplm!

I thought the Hurley epi was one of the best yet, I loved the way it started tying together some of the loose ends, although there still seem to be plenty more out there. I do so hope that we learn a bit more about his hunches and the connection to the island before the end of season one. If I have to go all summer long without getting some more clues, I will go bonkers!!!

Also, do you get the vague idea that Hurley and Locke will somehow connect before season one ends? That they "share info" as it were?

And, as for Jack's repeat episode tonight, I will watch again, but Jack does absolutely ZILCH for me on this show - he needs to be more controversial to be interesting in my book.

- Dave Barry

Supermassive Black Hole.

- Muse

[ img ]

Profile Quote
halplm
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 6:23 pm
b77 whipping boy

Jack was far more interesting in the beginning... but that may be just that they focused more on him, Kate, Sawyer, and Charlie... because I feel the same about them.

I think part of the problem is... almost all the episodes are really really good, so we forget how good the earlier ones were :D

I am very annoyed we have to wait for more...

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 8:15 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

Thanks guys for the spoiler fixing :) it works great!

must admit it's rather strange seeing Merry in the role of castaway :scratch

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 9:56 pm
Same as it ever was

Jae -

Dom is much better in this role as Charlie than he was as Merry, he gets to be a version of what he himself sort of sees himself as, which is why I think that he comes across as so appealing. There is a good deal of Dom himself in Charlie.

I have to admit, as Merry, he was fun, but he never really DID anything for me in the movies, if you catch my meaning.

But, I like Charlie, a great deal, and I look forward to how they futher develop his character. :)

- Dave Barry

Supermassive Black Hole.

- Muse

[ img ]

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 10:00 pm

I agree. he's a good character. He has a lot of depth and growth..

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
Primula_Baggins
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 10:22 pm
Living in hope

His acting impresses me. I didn't expect that. Not that he was bad as Merry; he just didn't have a lot of scope as a character.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
The Watcher
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 09 Mar , 2005 11:35 pm
Same as it ever was

Primula_Baggins wrote:
His acting impresses me. I didn't expect that. Not that he was bad as Merry; he just didn't have a lot of scope as a character.
EXACTLY!!

Dom himself has said how much the creative team seems to let him add to the character of Charlie, the little bandages with words, the younger rock star (originally, Charlie was supposed to have been a washed up age forties one hit wonder type of pseudo rock star, but when Dom did the casting call, Abrams and Lindelof changed the prospective part for him, and good call, as I see it.)

He also has a great rapor with the cast, not to say about the little thingy going on with Vangy!! One thing that did surprise me was how small of a person he really is, not that that matters, but, I was so used to seeing them downsize hobbits, that I really thought that he was taller than he really is. But, I still love him!!

Now to real swooning, my favorite among the whole cast - Sayid!! I did not care for him at all for the first few epis, but, as the season has progressed, I really like this guy! Just enough not known about him to make him interesting!! But as for his island love life choices, well, BLEGHH! He is too good for falling for that diversion, but who knows where that plot will go............. :Q

- Dave Barry

Supermassive Black Hole.

- Muse

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Axordil
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 10 Mar , 2005 12:35 am
Not so deep as a well

You all almost make me want to hook my TV up. :D

Destiny is a rhythm track on which we must improvise.

In some cases, firing the drummer helps.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 91  [ 1817 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 591 »
Jump to: