Jump to page 1 2 3 4 586 »
Leoba
Post subject: Lushing....
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 9:03 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

You know the reputation....

You know the website.... http://www.lush.com/

But have you tried the goodness that is Lush? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sorry Berhael for stealing your thread-thunder. But DTG was threatening to shop without first consulting the Lush fairy. So consider this the fairy's audience chamber. :P:LMAO:

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 9:18 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Darnit! You beat me to it! :P I was going to start a Lush thread because there are two questions I want to ask:

1: How do you store all your Lush stuff? (specifically the soaps and bar shampoos...I've been leaving them in their paper wrapper, but really I need something better and more organized)

2: If you could make your own Lush scent (could come in any form, bath bomb, soap, shower gel, etc) what would you make?

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 9:23 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

i have all my bathbombs and massage bars stuffed away in a little box which either Leoba or Ber send me some stuff. got a nice drawing on it saying "My Lush"

;)

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 9:26 pm
Harry Potter's Whore-crux

I am so ready to shop....where is the fairy?!?!?! :P

Mossy: i can just see you being one of those cool teachers who brings in a koala and a criminal when the class is learning about australia
Mossy: "Hi class! Today we're learning about Australia. See this man in the orange jumpsuit? His name is Frank and he's visiting us from jail today! Now, can anyone tell me what our friend Frank has to do with today's lesson?"
Elian wrote:
Everything's better with DTG! ;):D

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 9:42 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

I thnk she did a runner. :P

What were you looking to buy anyway? You have to go into these things with a gameplan otherwise, like me, you run the risk of blowing 80 quid on discontinued made-for-forum products. :oops::mrgreen:

Eruname, our Lush stuff is all over the place! Moisturisers and lotion in the bedroom. Lipbalm in the handbag. Handcream in the desk draw at work. Massage bars and face masks in the fridge. Showergels and shampoos along the side of the bath and spares on the bathroom shelf. Solid shampoos / conditioner / block cleanser in soap dishes, usually on the side of the bath. Although if I'm being tidy they get wrapped up when they're dry and tucked into the Lush-stash-basket on the bathroom shelf, where all the other bath goodies and spare soaps reside. I'm not that organised really.

There's a reason I've banned myself from the shop until I've reduced the debt mountain!

As for what scent I'd choose. I'll think about that...... but possibly a moisturiser containing Patchouli Oil. I adore the smell of Tramp and Aqua Marina, so something for dry sensitive skin that smelled like either of those would be heavenly. And it would stop my beloved bf coming to bed smelling of roses (which happens if he uses Skin Drink at night!).

Last edited by Leoba on Mon 07 Feb , 2005 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 9:46 pm

I'm looking for skin care/face products...for normal to dry skin. I dont like having my face feel oily though so I was thinking Coalface or the Pharmacy one.

Mossy: i can just see you being one of those cool teachers who brings in a koala and a criminal when the class is learning about australia
Mossy: "Hi class! Today we're learning about Australia. See this man in the orange jumpsuit? His name is Frank and he's visiting us from jail today! Now, can anyone tell me what our friend Frank has to do with today's lesson?"
Elian wrote:

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 9:48 pm
Milk and kisses

How many people were thinking of starting a lush thread? :LMAO:
If Lidless's sig is to be believed, even Legolas... ;)

I've just had dinner and am quickly browsing all the new stuff on B77. I'll be with you in a minute! :D

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 9:53 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

DTG - If I were you I'd have a look at Aqua Marina. If you can stand the scent (I personally love it - patchouli and orange). It's made with calamine and aloe vera so it's gentle. But the kaolin makes it deep cleaning. And the sea weed is supposed to be good for you too. It leaves your skin really smooth and glowy and not at all oily - it keeps the shine off my nose most of the day. :mrgreen:

Fresh Farmacy is really rather drying IMO. I used it in the summer but it's a bit much this time of year, unless I have a particularly nasty spot threatening. I know little about Coal Face, but it might be a bit harsh for every day if you have dryer skin.

Berhael - see what you started. :P:P:mrgreen:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 10:01 pm

Good Lord, I may just have to buy all three :P

Elian wrote:

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 10:06 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

you should see the lists i make DTG :roll: and always lack the money to buy any of them :bawl:

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 10:31 pm
Milk and kisses

Ohh I just have to recommend my favourite - Angels on Bare Skin - to DTG. It's the best cleanser for normal to dry skin, there's nothing else like it. It's made of ground almonds, Kaolin and rose and lavender oils; you mix a pinch with a little water and rub the resulting paste all over your face and neck. It's mildly exfoliating but moisturising too. :D

As for storing Lush stuff... :scratch I have a velvet basket where I keep all my bath bombs and bubble bars, wrapped in their plastic bags; the soap I keep in its paper wrapper, distributed between my clothes drawers. I cut chunks of it which I put in a soapdish by the washbasin, and keep the rest in its wrapper. Shampoos and showergels go in the shower/bath; moisturisers and cleansers, in a vanity case on the bathroom shelf. And all the extra stuff that isn't being used goes in the bathroom cabinet or my wardrobe. Save for the fresh face masks, which naturally belong in the fridge. :D

"The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born [...] Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life."

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 10:50 pm

Looks like I'm buying four bars of soap :P:D

Elian wrote:

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 10:59 pm
Milk and kisses

Angels isn't soap ;)

Profile Quote
Eruname
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 11:01 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

Leoba wrote:
You have to go into these things with a gameplan otherwise, like me, you run the risk of blowing 80 quid on discontinued made-for-forum products. :oops::mrgreen:
I only spent around 25 quid. *is proud of herself* Ber ordered my stuff along with hers and our order came to £70 I think. We didn't do too badly then, huh? :P

So, I see noone is really that organized when it comes to Lush stuff. :LMAO:

As for the Aqua Marina...something else I want to buy! My poor bank account! :bawl:

Has anyone here tried the hair hennas? I can't afford/am a bit uneasy about dying my hair but I really want to bring out the bits of red I have in it. Reincarnate shampoo is supposed to have henna in it, but I don't think it's going to do enough. I suppose I could try Arabian Bright, since the henna cakes might be too bold. I can't do anything too drastic since I have to teach in schools. Need to be professional and all that. :roll:

Oh and Ber, you didn't answer what kind of scent you'd make for Lush if you could make one!

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Profile Quote
Berhael
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 07 Feb , 2005 11:27 pm
Milk and kisses

Oh! Would that be a new scent that Lush haven't done before? :scratch

In that case, I'd like something smelling of red berries, but not red/blackcurrant... I have a You Snap The Whip and it smells just like red liquorice. :( Not my favourite smell. Cherie Ripe, which smelled of cherries (really :mrgreen: ) was much lovelier.

I'm generally happy with anything that smells of orange flower water, my favourite; and orange flower water and almond, marzipanny smell would be just like a Spanish Christmas sweet. Yes, I'd like that. :smile:

Profile Quote
Areanor
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 12:19 am
Sharpe-sighted

Berhael wrote:
In that case, I'd like something smelling of red berries, but not red/blackcurrant... I have a You Snap The Whip and it smells just like red liquorice.
Now that sounds like something I'd like to try.

They have shampoos, too, do they?

What would you recommend for fine, thin hair that get all greasy at PMS-time?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
DoTheyGandalf
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 12:21 am

Ber, what is Angel's exactly? I read the description and it does sound like something I'd like to use. The Aqua Marina sounds interesting as well.

Elian wrote:

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 8:33 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

DTG - Angels and Aqua Marina are really squiggey roll things. They cut slices and stuff them into a pot. So you scoop out about a finger tip's worth of thick paste stuff and mix it with water in your hand.

If you want, I could mail you a small sample of both to try?

Areanor - if I knew the answer to dealing with fine hair I'd be laughing!
I am currently using Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo, followed by Veganese conditioner on the ends of my hair and it seems to be doing the trick. Occasionally (maybe once a fortnight) I use Rehab shampoo for a change to strip all the crap out. And I use a pre-wash hair mask once a fortnight at least.

My trouble is fine hair that flattens easily, with greasy roots and dry ends. Plus the hair products with citrus oils make my hair freak out into dry frizz city for some reason. Then being subject to the London pollution makes it worse. There are many days when I wish I could just wear a wimple or headscarf! :P I do however have two bottles of Ibiza party Shampoo in my discontinueds order, which seems to be designed exactly for my sort of hair, so we'll see. If it doesn't work, I'll be selling the bottle on!! ;)

Eru, my discontinued order was £74 plus p&p and that was for two of us. So I don't feel too guilty! It was big bottles of BNever (the best honey showergel ever) and that shampoo that lured me to do bad things. And, well, how could I say 'no' to chocolate showergel/bubble bath? :drool:

And You Snap the Whip smells of blackcurrant to me. It's like slathering yourself in ribena. With the added advantage of being bright blue, so you can play "Braveheart" in the shower. :mrgreen:=:)

[ img ]

Profile Quote
enchantress
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 8:51 am
Sorcery in Action

Ok... :P :oops: I will probably be stoned by the resident lush fairy and all resident lush imps... but although the premise of LUSH has intrigued me (natural, hand made, not too much strange sounding chemicals), I have stayed away from their stuff due to the simple fact that even walking by their store makes me sneeze like MAD. When I walk in its like the inside of my nose tingles and stings... :oops: I suppose I find most of their stuff too strong smelling...its almost....whats the word...harsh.

Maybe Im a non-lushifiable kind... :oops: Do those exist? :P

Out of curiousity, could anyone recommend a nice massage bar...not sticky...but nice and buttery...I like vanillay/milky/sugary scents in that department... but something that wont floor me with the intensity of the olfactory experience :P (I think its the soaps that get me the worst when I walk in... that soap dust is dangerous stuff :P)

Falling into Autumn... :)

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 08 Feb , 2005 1:44 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Enchie, I think you're more likely to end up having bath bombs thrown at you than stones. :P:P=:)=:)

If it's any help - I used to feel sick every time I walked past the Victoria Station store (everyday when I commuted to Croydon). Then Berhael started sending me home with goodies and presenting me with Lush on my birthday. I got hooked. And now I can walk into the shop and forget to notice the potency. Although I can still smell stores at 500 yards - which helps when you're trying to locate a new one. ;)

I know for a fact that Taurie also got over her phobia after holding her nose and running in and buying some Mango bathmelts. So there is hope. =:) Individual items are nowhere near as overpowering as a whole shop can be.

I've been trying to think of a massage-bar that fits the bill and you know, the one that keeps springing to mind is the Soft Coeur. It is very sweet though, with honey and chocolate (including a dark chocolate centre that's guaranteed to make a mess of the sheets). I think it's one of the sexier ones and I really like it for its massageing purpose, whereas the others I tend to use as body butters.

*hands the recommendation baton to Berhael*

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 86  [ 1717 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 586 »
Jump to: