The Last Homely Site on the Web

The one week ban on sf and CG

Post Reply   Page 5 of 9  [ 172 posts ]
Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »
LalaithUrwen
Post subject: Re: The one week ban on sf and CG
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 7:15 pm
The Grey Amaretto as Supermega-awesome Proud Heretic Girl

I didn't make the ruling up; it was a collaborative effort between all of us Rangers at the time. I simply wrote it up and posted, much as River did with the enforcement of it.

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 7:18 pm

You seem to have trouble with the whole "Rangers acting as a team" concept and instead chose to take your anger out on one of us.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 7:19 pm

So you are saying that the entire ranger team decided to ignore that part of the charter that allows me a hearing of some sort?

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 7:20 pm

On which issue, CG--the original ruling to stop posting with sf or the decision to enforce the ruling? And on what grounds?

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 7:22 pm

The decision to enforse, of course, especially since I sent an email to elfshadow (since the admin email is unmonitored and six out of six emails didn't get a reply) saying I wanted my charter guaranteed hearing.

It is a myth that coercion is necessary in order to force people to get along together, but it is a persistent myth because it feeds a desire many people have. That desire is to be able to justify hurting people who have done nothing other than offend them in some way.

Last edited by Cenedril_Gildinaur on Tue Feb 30, 2026 13:61 am; edited 426 times in total

Profile Quote
halplm
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 7:23 pm
b77 whipping boy

Basically, what has happened, is that because rangers are not willing to do things on their own, like edit a simple personal attack, they have morphed into a body that when unanimous, can do whatever they want, or think is necessary.

Because two rangers are required to do anything against one, they are protected in all cases by being unanimous.

I'm not judging or making any statements about current or past rangers... just observing what has happened (over a long period of time).

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
LalaithUrwen
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 7:24 pm

Thanks for the clarification, CG.

Lali

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 7:26 pm

Cenedril_Gildinaur wrote:
The decision to enforse, of course, especially since I sent an email to elfshadow (since the admin email is unmonitored and six out of six emails didn't get a reply) saying I wanted my charter guaranteed hearing.
What email did you use? When elsha told us about you sending emails, I checked the account and there were no emails from you. The address for Rangers is b77_ad @ yahoo.com

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 7:28 pm

admin @ board77.org

When I tried to log in on the first day of my illegal suspension, that was the email I was told to use in the "you've been banned" message that came with the rejection of my login.

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 7:29 pm

Pretty sure that's just the email we used to open the boards and send out topic notifications. But I could be incorrect.

Sorry you got an old email in your message. We were told to check b77_ad @ yahoo.com and Board77 @ gmail.com

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 7:51 pm

So with all the issues in this thread, we have managed to resolve the one about email addresses.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 8:02 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

Make no mistake about this. I will put the best interests of the board as a whole first and I will relegate people to the BikeRacks rather than allow a board disruption.
Quote:
Extraordinary Powers of Rangers
Recognizing that unforeseen events may occur which require a quick response, Board77 Rangers are expected to use their best judgment in emergencies, and to take whatever action they believe necessary to protect the board. An emergency would be an event which threatened real and immediate harm, but which is not otherwise addressed by this charter. In such an event, the Ranger(s) in question would be expected to explain the circumstances and consult with the board membership as soon as possible. Such measures are temporary by their nature and subject to review by the standing Committee for Charter Amendments.
I will not hesitate to use this.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
halplm
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 8:04 pm
b77 whipping boy

You sure hesitated to do anything when I was being attacked and harrassed... board before individuals, eh?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 8:15 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

http://board77.org/viewtopic.php?p=329908#p329908" target="_blank

I responded to your request for action within minutes. Even though I was halfway out of the door for the weekend. Elsha stepped in a few minutes later. Whether you approved of our actions or not we did act. To say otherwise is false.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
halplm
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 8:16 pm
b77 whipping boy

asking SF to moderate himself is not doing anything. We know from all of his past that he was going to do no such thing, and he didn't.

Profile Quote
Holbytla
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 8:17 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

No that is the first step anyone should take. Member moderated.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rebecca
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 8:38 pm

halplm wrote:
asking SF to moderate himself is not doing anything. We know from all of his past that he was going to do no such thing, and he didn't.
Yet you continue to ask us not to judge you based to our preconceived notions of your past behaviors.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
sauronsfinger
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 8:51 pm

Well it looks like a week has passed.

I just wanted to let the Board and the Rangers know that I have no interest in appealing my suspension or challenging any actions taken against me. I knew what I was doing and accept responsibility for my actions.

I do feel that the prohibition from this point forward against CG and I being involved in debate needs to be examined as it seems fairly unworkable.

I would be glad to participate in mediation with him if it helps the Board run more smoothly.

thank you.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Profile Quote
Cenedril_Gildinaur
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 8:56 pm

Since it appears that the rangers as a whole are determined to say "this action was taken by the rangers as a whole" that will complicate the process of calling for a hearing against the rule breaking rangers who suspended me for the offenses of another.

Profile Quote
Elian
Posted: Wed 26 Nov , 2008 9:12 pm
Let the dice fly.

Quote:
Since it appears that the rangers as a whole are determined to say "this action was taken by the rangers as a whole" that will complicate the process of calling for a hearing against the rule breaking rangers who suspended me for the offenses of another.

We aren't saying this - that is what happened. It is fact.

What does it take
to stop getting carried away
by the force of my love...

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 5 of 9  [ 172 posts ]
Return to “Business Room” | Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »
Jump to: