board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

It isn't about the guns

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Harvestdancer
Post subject: It isn't about the guns
Posted: Mon 18 Jul , 2022 2:09 am

New York bodega worker’s murder charge sparks self-defense debate
Exclusive: Hamilton Heights bodega clerk arrested for murder says he acted in self-defense during last week's incident
Calls Grow for Manhattan DA to Drop Murder Charge in Bodega ‘Self-Defense' Stabbing

TL;DR summary: Thug threatens small business owner. Small business owner stabs thug in self defense, killing thug. DA who believes in no cash bail and letting violent offenders out until trial imposes $250,000 bail, later lowered to $50,000 due to public outcry.

Those who support stricter controls on firearms like to say it is all about public safety. It isn't. This guy used a knife to defend himself, and is facing felony charges.

It is about self defense, always has been and always will be. Guns are just more effective in self defense than most other tools a person might use. This is far more clear cut than any of the other incidents to date. Yes, Rittenhouse crossed state lines. That's why this is more clear cut.

Profile Quote
Jude
Post subject: Re: It isn't about the guns
Posted: Thu 21 Jul , 2022 5:18 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Okay, Harvestdancer, there's something you need to understand: this is not your blog or personal soapbox. This is a community for discussion and conversation. You can post your point of view, but when someone questions it or challenges it, you're expected to respond, not just ignore them and post more stuff. There have been many people who have attempted to engage you about things you have posted, and you haven't responded even once.

Whether you'll be allowed to continue to post here depends on how you respond to this post. Go back and answer the questions people have raised regarding your previous posts. Engage in conversation, defend your point of view.

If you just want a place to post your opinions without having to defend them, get a blog.

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
Harvestdancer
Posted: Thu 21 Jul , 2022 11:01 pm

Nobody responded at all to:
Election Decision
Virginia, preview for the midterms
Roe V. Wade actually on the docket
The miderms

One person responded to:
Racist governor says minorities can't read

Some people did respond to Canadian Trucker Protest and I responded back.

I am more than happy to respond to people, I'm hoping there are responses so that there can be a dialogue.

Profile Quote
Jude
Posted: Thu 21 Jul , 2022 11:47 pm
Aspiring to heresy

One person responded to "Racist governor says minorities can't read". She asked you for your sources for what you posted, and you never provided them.

Three people responded to the Canadian Truckers Protest. You did not respond to what they said, you just posted more stuff. That's not responding. I specifically challenged one assertion you made, and asked you to clarify, and you never responded.

So now is your chance to prove that you're not a total waste of time...

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Profile Quote
Harvestdancer
Posted: Fri 22 Jul , 2022 1:44 am

I see.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium”
Jump to: